Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I down voted you because the crew can’t act like there is a contagion.

1k Sailors were removed from the ship already, and the ones remaining may have already and not know it. Regardless of this gathering, the food is still likely served in small areas, the berthings are hundred of people literally stacked three high, and the showers are small and cramped and already have the mystery shower-shitter in them, let alone the corona virus. The hallways are tiny, the shops are tiny, there aren’t enough lounges to even attempt true social isolation aboard.

They are supposed to test and remove an additional 2.7k Sailors from the ship, and the testing will help prevent the spread—far more effectively than cramming into a space left vacant.

The crew would have been much, much worse off had the CO not sacrificed his career for them, and they know it. So they send off their CO like the hero he is.

If you knew SARS-CoV-2 could be spread over 10' by yelling would you be in that crowd? Would you even cover your face?

Interview with fired Amazon strike leader. Scary how little Amazon seems to be doing to suppress the virus, they are more interested in suppressing the truth.

We need to hear the story from both sides. In any scenario there will be always complaining. I watched a CNBC interview with one of the complainers. He worked in a warehouse with $25/hr pay, and he was still not happy. I am sure he can chose to stay home. I do understand safety of the employees and sanitizing the workplace properly is a must.

The crew would have been much, much worse off had the CO not sacrificed his career for them, and they know it. So they send off their CO like the hero he is.
Short sighted attempts by authority to suppress truth happen everywhere:

Here, by the senior Navy brass;
In China, directed at the physician who first publicized Covid-19 on social media
In US hospitals that forbid workers to talk about lack of PPE or publish photos of overwhelming conditions

I have no doubt that every case has a rationale.

We need to hear the story from both sides. In any scenario there will be always complaining. I watched a CNBC interview with one of the complainers. He worked in a warehouse with $25/hr pay, and he was still not happy. I am sure he can chose to stay home. I do understand safety of the employees and sanitizing the workplace properly is a must.
Yep.
The workers erred by trying to ride Covid-19 to higher wages. They should have just stuck with safety demands.

Reactions: AZRI11 and bkp_duke
Or this means that RNA testing is picking up people in the incubation phase, or very early in the infectious phase before eventual symptoms are recognized and reported by the patients.

The note that imported cases are symptomatic buttresses this interpretation.

Probably worth a reminder that one of the Diamond Princess studies analyzed the medical histories of 104 covid-19 confirmed positive patients over a 14 day period (Feb. 11-25) at Self-Defense Forces Special Hospital in Japan.

At the beginning of the period, 80% were asymptomatic or had mild symptoms. At the end of the period 73% were still asymptomatic or had mild symptoms.

On the admission day, 43 patients (41.3%) didn’t show any 164 symptoms; therefore, these patients were classified as asymptomatic. Forty-one patients (39.4%) 165 were classified as mild cases, and 20 patients (19.2%) were severe cases. During the observation 166 period, 80 new clinical signs and symptoms arose. Seven asymptomatic cases were reclassified as 167 mild cases. Three asymptomatic cases and five mild cases required oxygen therapy because of the 168 pneumonia of COVID-19; thus, they were reclassified as severe cases. The confirmed classification 169 of severity at the end of the observation is; 33 patients (31.7%) as asymptomatic, 43 patients (41.3%) 170 as mild, and 28 patients (26.9 % ) as severe.​

Also, the median age was 68 years old, which suggests that a population like the US with a median age of 38 years old would likely have a much higher percentage of asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic cases.

The authors also noted that their figures likely underestimate the percentage of asymptomatic/mildly symptomatic patients because "the sensitivity of RT-PCR is considered insufficient" to detect all positive cases. https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.18.20038125v1.full.pdf

This study is consistent with the view that the overwhelming majority of covid-19 cases are mildly symptomatic or asymptomatic.

Interview with fired Amazon strike leader. Scary how little Amazon seems to be doing to suppress the virus, they are more interested in suppressing the truth.

Well, the other side to this story is that he was supposedly fired after he came in contact to a SARS-CoV-2 positive individual and refused to self-quarantine.

Not defending either side, but I think it is important to present both sides of the story.

He can chose to stay home ...
I took issue with your phrasing here:
I watched a CNBC interview with one of the complainers. He worked in a warehouse with $25/hr pay, and he was still not happy.
I agree it’s important to hear the whole story, and that a single vantage point is likely biased. But the idea that he was “still not happy” does imply that either you would jump at the opportunity, or you that you value this person less than yourself. I think you’ve made it clear it’s not the former.

Reactions: JRP3
Wow, must be nice, so just go to the ER and get any care you need and if it bankrupts you, then you get to skip out on the bill. The current system is perfect and takes care of everyone regardless of insurance status or the ability to pay. Wait, are you talking about Cuba or USA?

In an emergency, you don't necessarily have to go to the ER, an ambulance can take you there. I personally know of a landscaper who was mowing a lawn underneath a beehive, got stung over 100 times. Ambulance took him to the ER and he spent three or four days in the hospital, fortunately fully recovering. The hospital wrote it down to thousand dollars or so or wrote it off completely.

Certainly the healthcare landscape in this country is far from perfect. If you have assets to protect from bankruptcy you need to have insurance. If you can't afford insurance, there's Medicaid. You can apply for Medicaid at any time. If you lose your insurance, you can get coverage immediately under the Federal Affordable Care act using Healthcare.gov in most states to enroll. There is also Cobra and other plans like the Children's Health Insurance Program.

Many are covering Coronavirus testing and treatment without charge or co-pays.

While (unfortunately) not universal for now, particularly with chronic long-term illness, there are protections for most. Also unfortunately, there will be far more bankruptcies due to the financial impact of the virus than to the costs of treating the virus itself.

-

Breaking News!

"Boomer In Arizona Thinks Workplace Too Posh"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: MitchMitch
Would you go work in the warehouse for $25/hr?

Depends upon the circumstances.

1) how many people are in an Amazon warehouse? Hundreds, dozens, less? Amazon LOVES their robots in the warehouse (see videos online).
2) pandemic or non-pandemic circumstances? $25/h is a F-ing nice paycheck for someone with a high-school or less education and minimal training. Is this guy wanting a Dr's salary without the work to get there?

Part, not all, of this smacks to me of entitlement. Why are we rewarding people that don't want to go further their education (and I'm not talking about necessarily college - could be vocational school - I VALUE the $100/h I pay an electrician every time they come to do work)?

I took issue with your phrasing here:

I agree it’s important to hear the whole story, and that a single vantage point is likely biased. But the idea that he was “still not happy” does imply that either you would jump at the opportunity, or you that you value this person less than yourself. I think you’ve made it clear it’s not the former.
It would be clear to me that you are the kind of person want the cake and eat it too, and good at complaining at every opportunity. He accepted the job with more pay than usual, and not just complained about the work place, also complain about the pay. Why would he accept the job to begin with? If any circumstance suitable for complaints should come from those healthcare workers at the front line that are mandated to provide services to covid patients in a very dangerous situation.