Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My reading indicates Calif Pending Cases are actually delays in reporting to the media. That could be wrong, but it's the info I found.

Are you referring to pending results from testing? CA has just set up a task force to improve delays. According to this article from 4/2/20 about 60,000 test results are pending, with 65% of tests unreturned. Partially explained by backlog at Quest Diagnostics.

California launches task force to deal with staggering testing backlog

He accepted the job with more pay than usual, and not just complained about the work place, also complain about the pay. Why would he accept the job to begin with?
These are better questions. You're moving the goalposts from your initial statement, though, which was incredibly condescending. Speaking of condescending:
It would be clear to me that you are the kind of person want the cake and eat it too, and good at complaining at every opportunity.
If you want to get personal, sure. I am absolutely the type who wants the cake and to eat it, too, because guess what? The cake is worthless if I can't eat it. I have loved every job I've ever had except one, and that was because it was nonstop travel. I started a business in my 20s and sold it when I was 38, working for the buyer until I retired at 40. I never took a vacation all of the years I had my business, and I worked 13 hour days. My smart wife pushed me to offload the business because we have children and she knew it would be important for them to have a father around.

I've enjoyed working for my cake and eating it. I'm assuming you just put yours in a decorative case?

Look at the political posts about how Trump supporters all have below-average IQs, etc.

It's either that - or there are people out there that are still so self-involved that they don't mind leaving scores of dead bodies in their wake if that means they can pay 1% less in taxes.

It's more comforting to think that they have below- average IQ at this point. The alternative is just too frightening.

My understanding is that if someone shows up at a hospital ER in need of treatment, they will be treated, health insurance or no health insurance. If the person cannot afford to pay the bill, they can either negotiate a smaller amount (with the help of people who do this for a living) or they simply cannot pay and the hospital may end up eating the cost.

If this representation of mine is inaccurate, someone currently working in hospitals please chime in.

1) An ER is the VERY last place someone that thinks they have COVID should be going.... Possibly the second last after a nursing home although those are increasingly infected.

2) You are far more likely to be sent home if you're 'stable' than be admitted for observation. So if you don't have insurance you're far more likely to die at home than be assisted in a hospital when you need to be intubated.

3) Thinking that forcing the hospital to 'eat the cost' means you can ignore this problem is idiotic. The cost doesn't 'disappear' they raise the cost for everyone else which means insurance rates go up even more which means more people are uninsured which means they have to 'eat' more cost which means insurance rates go up even more, which means more people are uninsured which means they have to 'eat' more cost which means insurance rates go up even more, which means more people are uninsured which means they have to 'eat' more cost which means insurance rates go up even more, which means more people are uninsured which means they have to 'eat' more cost which means insurance rates go up even more, which means more people are uninsured which means they have to 'eat' more cost which means insurance rates go up even more ....... do you see why we need a larger source of funding outside of people paying for health insurance?

One of the best analogies I've seen is that the US economy is a hotel room and COVID-19 is a blacklight.

Last edited:
"If they're wrong, I get to be wrong too!"

There is a requirement to prove them wrong. Statement of such is not proof, without facts to back it up it is just opinion.

I've been running a company for over 15 years. Anyone else that does hiring will back me up that millennials are NOT the first choice for most positions (sure, there are exceptions) simply because their work ethic on average is MUCH lower than the older generations.

There is a requirement to prove them wrong. Statement of such is not proof, without facts to back it up it is just opinion.

I've been running a company for over 15 years. Anyone else that does hiring will back me up that millennials are NOT the first choice for most positions (sure, there are exceptions) simply because their work ethic on average is MUCH lower than the older generations.
Someone with the opinion that you decried in your original statement might be able to have the same anecdotal "proof" of their position. So, in that way, you're both wrong.

Reactions: Doggydogworld
3) Thinking that forcing the hospital to 'eat the cost' means you can ignore this problem is idiotic. The cost doesn't 'disappear' they raise the cost for everyone else which means insurance rates go up even more which means more people are uninsured which means they have to 'eat' more cost which means insurance rates go up even more, which means more people are uninsured which means they have to 'eat' more cost which means insurance rates go up even more, which means more people are uninsured which means they have to 'eat' more cost which means insurance rates go up even more, which means more people are uninsured which means they have to 'eat' more cost which means insurance rates go up even more, which means more people are uninsured which means they have to 'eat' more cost which means insurance rates go up even more ....... do you see why we need a larger source of funding outside of people paying for health insurance?

Welcome to the phenomenon known as Obamacare. It was bad before ACA, but got much worse afterwards.

I don't see a solution here with your idea of throwing more money at the problem. That does nothing to reign in costs, and probably would just push them up further.

And they want the cake and eat it too :p

• Disagree
Reactions: EVNow and bkp_duke
Please be kind to those of us whom are red/green color weak with the graphs.
I see a yellow line, a blue line, and all the rest are virtually the same color
Here is the palette I can choose from.
Which 5 colors work best for you ? Please ID by (x,y) coordinates, so the bottom left would be (1,1) and the top left (1,8)

upload_2020-4-4_11-5-45.png

Here is Quest's response.
Quest Diagnostics Newsroom - News Releases No whitelisting needed for popups.
A 4-5 day turnaround time for a test that is not even very accurate. I'm still confused about what the goal of all this testing is.
I should market a test that takes 5 minutes and has 100% sensitivity and 0% selectivity (I have the skills!). That might help stop the spread. :p

I've seen a few of these. What it really needs for punch is a split screen with Trump and his statements on the left, and statements from scientists and other leaders from the same time frame on the right.

As it stands he just looks like an uninformed idiot. Where the truth is he was informed - he just chose to ignore everything that didn't fit his preconceived agenda.

Welcome to the phenomenon known as Obamacare.
The federal Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act of 1985 requires that all patients who seek emergency treatment be given an adequate medical screening examination and prohibits discrimination on the basis of patients' ability to pay. It was signed into law by President Reagan.
Robin

Some good news in NY. More patients discharged than admitted. Phil Oliva on Twitter
He misread the slide. 2687 were admitted, 1592 discharged. Net increase of 1095 hospitalized.
If I had to guess out of every 10 people with the disease, in South Korea:

10% - asymptomatic and recover.
30% - mildly symptomatic, not tested, recovered
60% - tested (1.8% of whom die...)
Korea traced contacts. They tested and found a lot of those asymptomatic cases. I'd guess they found most of them.
My reading indicates Calif Pending Cases are actually delays in reporting to the media. That could be wrong, but it's the info I found.
It's a delay in reporting to the governor, too. He said yesterday they don't have those results.

Sorry for going off topic with coronavirus info. Hopefully we can return to the important lazy Millenials/stupid Trumpers conversation. /s

EDIT: found on another board:
EUnXHslWAAA3jkI

Here is the palette I can choose from.
Which 5 colors work best for you ? Please ID by (x,y) coordinates, so the bottom left would be (1,1) and the top left (1,8)

View attachment 529256

Addendum:
I tried to understand this. Since you can see yellow, I conclude that you have an approximately equal (but not complete) deficiency in red and green cones. If that is correct then you can see blue, and the color gamut that is a mixture of red and green screen colors that do not have blue admixed. E.g., can you see orange and lime ?

So it seems you're at least not counting the USA/FDA even though they've also given a similar go-ahead to treat Covid-19 with HCQ. Probably because it's so transparently obvious that that one is a political decision rather than a medical decision.

Why do you not think the same type of thing happens in France, Italy and Spain?
Um, FDA gave EMERGENCY approval for COVID-19 for COMPASSIONATE USE IN HOSPITALIZED PATIENTS WITH THE VIRUS.

Not outpatient, not determined to be safe and effective. I suppose if I were near the point where a ventilator is indicated, I'd opt for a try of it, but to promote this as a "cure" is an absurd slap in the face of medical science.