Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least the Costco in my region are limiting everything to 2 per membership.

2E5DF29F-6863-4CB2-A180-4D0BE982CD64.jpeg

this was the scene in our local Costco today where normally the paper towels and toilet paper is kept. Completely sold out. Never seen the area so empty!

I don’t get it, why is everyone so obsessed with toilet paper?

Doubling of deaths every 6 days
Date Number of deaths
March 7 19
March 13 38
March 19 76
March 25 152
March 31 304
April 6 608
April 12 1,216
April 18 2,432
April 24 4,864
April 30 9,728
May 6 19,456
May 12 38,912
May 18 77,824
May 24 155,648
May 30 311,296
June 5 622,592
June 11 1,245,184
June 17 2,490,368

Coronavirus doubling of deaths every x days
U.S. tracker:
COVID-19/Coronavirus Real Time Update in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres
Why not keep going till end of the year? By then you will have wiped out the entire population on the plant (sarcasm intended)

Is it too early to call the downtrend in South Korea numbers? Regardless this is still positive.

Laura Bicker on Twitter

South Korea might be a little hard to model after.
Similar to Japan, the culture is very much of not bothering others. So, they will stay cooped up if it’s better for others as well. Also, they have universal healthcare. Also, it helps they put sanitizers outside pretty much everywhere in public.

South Korea might be a little hard to model after.
Similar to Japan, the culture is very much of not bothering others. So, they will stay cooped up if it’s better for others as well. Also, they have universal healthcare. Also, it helps they put sanitizers outside pretty much everywhere in public.

Universal healthcare, doesn't that mean people would act on greed and get sick on purpose just to take advantage of the free healthcare? ;)

• Funny
Reactions: aubreymcfato
My earlier post was deleted by someone else, so let me try again. A simple what if scenario if deaths double every 6 days.
Coronavirus doubling of deaths every x days
Doubling of deaths every 6 days
Date Number of deaths
March 7 19
March 13 38
March 19 76
March 25 152
March 31 304
April 6 608
April 12 1,216
April 18 2,432
April 24 4,864
April 30 9,728
May 6 19,456
May 12 38,912
May 18 77,824
May 24 155,648
May 30 311,296
June 5 622,592
June 11 1,245,184
June 17 2,490,368

Nice U.S. tracker:
COVID-19/Coronavirus Real Time Update in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres
Does that mean I'll miss my flight to mars? In all seriousness :( a friend works for a pharma in the boston area, and they are preparing their lab for testing as are many others in the area. Large number (thousands) in New England will be under quarantine by the end of next week. This *sugar* is gonna get real in a few days.

Reactions: DanCar
yow! wonder what everyone ate, last nite??

(doubt it was the lobster)

View attachment 519305

but hey, look, on the bright side - looks like the tire center (oops, I mean tyre centre) is not busy right now!

what's ridiculous is that we might end up with toilet paper shortage because people are buying a multi-year supply at one time.

As coronavirus infections spread, demand for oat milk is outpacing hand sanitizer

apparently people are stocking up on oat milk too. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Dr. J and AZRI11
Why not keep going till end of the year? By then you will have wiped out the entire population on the plant (sarcasm intended)

and if you keep going, at some point the integer will overflow and wrap around again.

boy, won't THAT be fun!

even worse, if you are using signed ints, it may go negative; in which case, we'll "owe them" more than we actually have.

(boggle)

For those hoping that the high mortality rate is a function of statistical gaps, read this from WHO assistant DG. He says this is likely not the case. And while Wuhan had a high CFR due to chaos, the low CFR in the rest of China was because of high tech treatment that will not likely be available in many places.
https://www.vox.com/2020/3/2/21161067/coronavirus-covid19-china
China’s cases of Covid-19 are finally declining. A WHO expert explains why.

China’s cases of Covid-19 are finally declining. A WHO expert explains why.
“More of a surprise, and this is something we still don’t understand, is how little virus there was in the much broader community. Everywhere we went, we tried to find and understand how many tests had been done, how many people were tested, and who were they.

In Guangdong province, for example, there were 320,000 tests done in people coming to fever clinics, outpatient clinics. And at the peak of the outbreak, 0.47 percent of those tests were positive. People keep saying [the cases are the] tip of the iceberg. But we couldn’t find that.”

https://osf.io/ktngw/

Guangdong has a different diet and different climate to Wuhan. There is speculation that covid19 somehow affects prevotella (which is bad news for high carb high fibre diet)

Anyway, perhaps this explains a higher rate of false negatives. And ups the value of toilet hygeine and hand cleaning.

It also suggests that shared toilets in hospitals could be quite hazardous.