Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait a sec. I am not locked down. Never have been in SD. Guess it depends on definition of the term. “Some restrictions on activities which do not excuse my excessive time spent here at TMC,” is how I would describe it.

Pandemic has provided me with a distraction from an unhealthy obsession with battery degradation.

Relative term. Kids cannot go to gymnastics, won't be starting school in person . . . etc. etc.

Feels like a lockdown, even if technically it isn't.

New Zealand has had zero community spread since June. Their 23 active cases are all citizens in quarantine after returning from overseas.
My understanding is that it is possible to immigrate to New Zealand if you are young and have a STEM degree.
Some of the mega rich have residences in New Zealand and made it there before the borders shut on March 19th.
https://nypost.com/2020/04/21/mega-rich-flee-to-new-zealand-during-coronavirus-crisis/

HA HA HA, wish I could afford this pad:
10 Pinnacle Place, Queenstown, Otago - realtor.com

Reactions: madodel and dl003
The State Department has upped the travel advisory level for New Zealand to Level 2 (Exercise Increased Caution).
New Zealand International Travel Information
I'll keep that in mind once we're allowed to travel there (or almost anywhere else).
That was my exact thought when I heard that the State Department was ending the blanket international travel warning. Almost no country wants us. We are a nation of pariah dingdongs, too stupid to follow simple rules to protect our own lives. And posters wonder why there is contempt for "other opinions".

After the nucking futs stuff going on in the states, the wife asked if we could move to NZ. :D

Please tell me they are addressing things better than here.
That's a joke, right? They have ZERO active cases in New Zealand. Life is back to normal except for the economic disruption of having no international tourism.

Edit: I don't count quarantine cases.

Denial by numbers from r/knoxville (my local town subreddit)

upload_2020-8-7_16-9-22.png

all coming from Knox County COVID-19 Case Count - COVID-19 - Health Department - Knox County Tennessee Government divided by 470,313 (July 1 2019 census estimate)

Somehow he thinks this is a non issue because we haven't hit the peak yet, he just wants to whistle past the graveyard...

upload_2020-8-7_16-14-5.png

Last edited:
Wait a sec. I am not locked down. Never have been in SD. Guess it depends on definition of the term. “Some restrictions on activities which do not excuse my excessive time spent here at TMC,” is how I would describe it.

Pandemic has provided me with a distraction from an unhealthy obsession with battery degradation.

Perhaps this just means that you've transitioned from obsessing about battery degradation to obsessing about societal/cultural/political degradation? Unfortunately, it makes battery degradation look like a walk in the park. Perhaps we should go back to the first obsession?

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
2 line summary for the lay person:

1) vitamin D deficiency can cause a relative immunosuppression
2) vitamin D excess (i.e. super doses of D) does NOT give you any extra immune protection. I.e. you cannot over-fill the tank.

I would add a third bullet point that is underappreciated namely that vitamin D deficiency causes "immuno disinhibition". Higher incidence of wide variety of autoimmune disorders, and higher vulnerability to sepsis, severe acute respiratory distress syndromes of various kinds, and cytokine release syndrome. I've read a lot of Michael Holick's stuff and I've heard him talk too. He's really first-rate. And a 4th bullet point might be vitamin D really isn't a vitamin. It's a prohormone / transcription Factor.

• Informative
Reactions: jerry33 and madodel