Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely true - the New Zealand minister in that photo is in quarantine - and Ivanka & Bill Barr have said they are “spending time at home.”

yes same info also reported more indepth in this article, along with word from Miami’s Mayor who said he has tested positive as well for it.
Trump says he'll 'most likely' get tested for coronavirus

News on Brazil’s president seems to be very conflicting.

This would not be good. Would make you more susceptible to respiratory infections I would think. Doubt medical staff here in U.S. have been able to see this yet.

Some people who recover from the coronavirus might be left with '20 to 30%' less lung function, and gasping for breath when they walk quickly, Hong Kong doctors said

“Frosted Glass” effect in lung scans, from BusinessInsider article above:

E0B01D53-C723-45DF-A8B6-D392DA0A2658.png

Last edited:
It has spread in the US for weeks without any testing or isolation procedures being in place while the nations leader went on national TV and said it was all “a hoax” and the situation was “under control”. That mirrors the early situation in Wuhan more than any other country so far, so the likelihood of a Wuhan style outcome is....?

Until tests and data comes out there is no reason to assume anything. If we did nothing, the world would continue. Before everyone gets worried and spreading FUD, more data is needed. Continue to maintaining precautions until otherwise advised.

This would not be good. Would make you more susceptible to respiratory infections I would think. Doubt medical staff here in U.S. have been able to see this yet.

Some people who recover from the coronavirus might be left with '20 to 30%' less lung function, and gasping for breath when they walk quickly, Hong Kong doctors said

View attachment 521517

This is an expected finding just 1-2 months after resolution of the infection.

We have known for a decades that patients that have had pneumonia have persistent radiographic findings for many months afterwards, even though they are asymptomatic.

We won't know the answer this this question for COVID-19 until 6 and 12 month follow ups of a large population of patients can be compiled.

View attachment 521517

There are so much information missing, like pretty much everything that's important for any significant meaning.

Age of pt
ICU pts?
Smokers?
Length of stay?
Pre existing conditions?
Is "frosted glass" typical for bacteria pneumonia?

The list goes on and on.

At this rate I am pretty sure Trump caught the bug. I am sure he'll be cured quickly, most likely with plasma from a Chinese donor.

While everything regarding his treatment will be confidential, I am looking forward to headlines claiming he now has Chinese blood:D:rolleyes:..

Maybe already treated, he's seen bowing here... signs that Asian DNA is taking over his body. ;)

View attachment 521517

As bpk_duke mentioned, these findings are not new for pneumonia patients.

But, there are many studies now from Chinese doctors that show the same lung scarring after Covid-pneumonia recovery in almost all scans they took.

So, yeah. Hopefully, no one here is unlucky to catch the bug and become hospitalized.
The confirmed statistics in Santa Clara Co are not good.

Reactions: aubreymcfato
Question:

If this is a virus with mild-cold-like-symptoms + a super spreader and has been around for months with extensive amounts of travel (and it stays for up to 21 days) to/from USA...

...and we're nationalizing massive testing for this mild-cold and instituting a country-wide state of emergency, aren't the numbers potentially going to be huge for active cases?

Yep

Do some people find it odd that most governments are now restricting public gatherings to 50, 100, 250, or 500 people.

Yet, it’s fine if 500-1,000 people pack into a discount superstore and wait in 20+ minute lines standing within arms reach of each other?

That’s why the flu checks in Asia and what is proposed here are drive-thru, not walk-up.

Update: In San Francisco, apparently there was an elementary school with 4 students and 8 associated family members in total with respiratory illnesses. Still awaiting test results to be released.

I’m all for programs for the youth.
But, this is a head scratching decision by San Francisco.
Emergency Child Care — DCYF

Basically, they’re closing down schools and moving all those K-12 kids from the school setting into less-organized community facilities.

Not sure how that makes any difference to reduce risk of spreading the virus. If anything, maybe it makes it potentially worse.

Edit: reading online, apparently this is happening in many cities across the country. There goes the purpose for closing schools. Smh

• Funny
Reactions: Dr. J