Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Closing the circle here. My Grandmother passed away Wednesday. We ended up having to pull her from the nursing home Saturday morning after my Mom checked on her and found her laying on the floor by the door. She'd fallen out of the bed sometime through the night and attempted to crawl to the door to alert someone. No one checked on her.

We brought her to my parents house where we all cared for her. We knew the risk and how to best avoid it and determined we couldn't let her last days be at that place.

They have now had 15 deaths. As it turns out a COVID positive staff member was ill, showing signs and still allowed to work there. I cannot believe that with the state we're in where we are shutting down the country, we could have Nursing homes who are working with the most vulnerable population have such disregard and relaxed standards. Completely unacceptable.

There are multiple lawsuits being brought against them. It won't bring her back, but we can be sure no one has to be subjected to this there again.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/cor...Kl1zUgPwOlVCiUzLdcJZD7ZrrgEGDXBM-10djI974AuuU

8flEFu8.jpg
Two nursing homes near me have over 200 positive cases combined and over 50 deaths. I have a relative in one of these homes. People who work there live in poorer neighborhoods with cramped apartments. Higher risk group taking care of an even higher risk group. R.I. has such a high death rate because elder care homes account for 70% of covid-19 deaths.

This is the most intelligent post I've seen on this thread.

That's not what I said. Sorry to disappoint.

Personally, I think it is time to sign off here, since the states appear to be mixing antibody and PCR test results for their case numbers (I have heard this to be true but have no idea whether it is), making following those numbers pointless, and the CDC appears to have been infected.

I guess we’ll all just see how things are going in a few months.

Yeah, that's why I'm discontinuing my participation in this thread. The reputable agencies have failed, checks and balances have failed, we've got choppers whipping around the White House lawn, and we'll just have to let this thing run its course and I will focus on protecting myself and my family and finances.

I will retreat to my happy places, if not physically all the time, at least in spirit. Good luck to all. The truth shall make you free.

Yea, looks like that is what you said. If you remove the whining about the white house this would be the second most intelligent post on this thread.

But you are losing focus man. Disappoint me? LOL, I'm not your family.

That's not what I said. Sorry to disappoint.

• Disagree
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Closing the circle here. My Grandmother passed away Wednesday. We ended up having to pull her from the nursing home Saturday morning after my Mom checked on her and found her laying on the floor by the door. She'd fallen out of the bed sometime through the night and attempted to crawl to the door to alert someone. No one checked on her.

We brought her to my parents house where we all cared for her. We knew the risk and how to best avoid it and determined we couldn't let her last days be at that place.

They have now had 15 deaths. As it turns out a COVID positive staff member was ill, showing signs and still allowed to work there. I cannot believe that with the state we're in where we are shutting down the country, we could have Nursing homes who are working with the most vulnerable population have such disregard and relaxed standards. Completely unacceptable.

There are multiple lawsuits being brought against them. It won't bring her back, but we can be sure no one has to be subjected to this there again.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/cor...Kl1zUgPwOlVCiUzLdcJZD7ZrrgEGDXBM-10djI974AuuU

8flEFu8.jpg

I'm so sorry to hear of her passing, especially given the reason you needed to move her. I recall reading your previous post and it's easy to be sad and angry at the same time. I hope the rest of your family remains healthy. What a terrific photo to remember her by.

It is the equivalent of sIFR, which is the meter CDC is using as well. Unless you think that they went and PCR millions of Italians every year to get the CFR of influenza.
Yeah. I'm wrong.
Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 4.15.03 PM.png

The flaw in your argument is that even in the most deadly season only 5% of the most vulnerable age group was estimated to be infected. There is no vaccine or immunity to the novel coronavirus so that number would be much higher without suppression. Also, as the paper points out, the flu is really bad and Italy should try to do more to prevent people from dying from the flu!