Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It really would be nice if we actually got serious about opening schools and universities. It IS super important to get these open (safely) again. I think it probably can be done in many locations, but it's going involve a lot of planning and cost a significant amount to do so. What it doesn't involve is reopening and hoping for the best.

Pandamic was not at all on my mind when I choose my kids high school, but having no air conditioning was to me a deciding benefit versus closer high schools. The kids are literatally forced to breath fresh peninsula sea breeze instead of recycled airconditoned crap.

St Benedict’s College - cooling classrooms without aircon - Unique Window Services
(Yes that my kids school)

Meanwhile the government was installing airconditioning in public schools......Every Queensland state school to be air-conditioned

Schools are not a one size fits all risk factor, al taqwa school in melbourne was a major centre point for their outbreak
The school that went from one to 113 coronavirus cases in 13 days

I'm amazed at how many Tesla owners and Tesla forum participants are EXPERTS on subjects like
the Corona Virus (Covid-19), Vaccines and Treatment Protocols.
After reading several pages of these posts, one can only come to the conclusion that Tesla forum
commenters know all there is to know about The Virus and that any views contrary to theirs is
to be scoffed at and ignored as emanating from the lunatic fringe.
It's truly breathtaking. I feel as though I'm in the presence of the Covid-19 god squad.
The Tesla forum would just not be the same without your overwhelming intellect.

I came to this post out of curiosity and I found much the same as I've found on previous peeks
into these forums. Don't know why I come back here every few months hoping something has changed to allow
for civil conversations. This forum appears to be ground zero for a handful of intolerant, arrogant, condescending,
ill-informed, anonymous forum bullies whose life experience and behavior is that of a 10 year old.
It is sad that a forum that is suppose to be about the Tesla experience always seems to degenerate into
stuff like this current post. No wonder ICE drivers seem to despise Tesla owners. If they're anything like they are on this forum,
in person and in public, I'd certainly wouldn't want to be around them.
Need to take a shower to wash off all the negative energy pouring out this site and avoid it again for a few months
to restore my faith in human-kind.

You may now resume all your usual sniping....I'm outta here!!

earlier genomic report for 1st wave Victoria
upload_2020-8-7_20-31-12.png

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.12.20099929v1.full.pdf

but the inquiry is what is in the second report, and will the second report be released...
'I read it in the newspapers': Chief Health Officer questioned about hotel quarantine bungle

Professor Sutton was asked if Victoria had eliminated community transmission of the deadly virus before it seeped out of hotel quarantine.

"It's impossible to say," he said.

"We've got genomics for many, many cases in Victoria at the moment. There's no evidence of original virus in the genomics reports.

"But we haven't tested everyone. Not everyone can have the virus grown. For those who can have the virus grown, not everyone gets that genetic fingerprint.

"So we can't say for those individuals where we haven't got the genetic fingerprint, but where we do, there isn't evidence of virus that goes back to February, March, April."

translation, currently there is no evidence that there are any current community transmission cases in Victoria that are not a result of hotel quarantine failure, ie Victoria had achieved effective Community Coronavirus eradication

note well, first report covered 903 (75%) of cases in victoria, ''We applied high-throughput genome sequencing of SARS-CoV-2 to 75% of cases in the State of Victoria'"

• Informative
Reactions: Doggydogworld
I'm amazed at how many Tesla owners and Tesla forum participants are EXPERTS on subjects like
After reading several pages of these posts, one can only come to the conclusion that Tesla forum
commenters know all there is to know about The Virus and that any views contrary to theirs is
It's truly breathtaking. I feel as though I'm in the presence of the Covid-19 god squad.

I came to this post out of curiosity and I found much the same as I've found on previous peeks
into these forums. Don't know why I come back here every few months hoping something has changed to allow
for civil conversations. This forum appears to be ground zero for a handful of intolerant, arrogant, condescending,
ill-informed, anonymous forum bullies whose life experience and behavior is that of a 10 year old.
It is sad that a forum that is suppose to be about the Tesla experience always seems to degenerate into
stuff like this current post. No wonder ICE drivers seem to despise Tesla owners. If they're anything like they are on this forum,
Need to take a shower to wash off all the negative energy pouring out this site and avoid it again for a few months

PERRISH THE THOUGHT that . . . doctors . . . scientists . . . might ACTUALLY own a TESLA.

Sometimes when the SP gets mind-numbingly boring, I click on this thread to get an adrenaline hit. But then I wake up the next morning, heart pounding and I can't breathe, and there's a new Coronavirus notification in my inbox. I don't want to click on it but it's unavoidable. This thread is more contagious than the virus itself.

Last edited:
It really would be nice if we actually got serious about opening schools and universities. It IS super important to get these open (safely) again. I think it probably can be done in many locations, but it's going involve a lot of planning and cost a significant amount to do so. What it doesn't involve is reopening and hoping for the best.
NYC is allowing schools to open. Most areas of the country are so emotionally charged(both population and elected officials) that opening properly will be impossible. The thing we have to remember is that it all hinges on teachers deciding to take on this 100% extra work effort and stress. You know.....the teachers we already pay like *sugar* and underappreciated more than any human beings. All while the asshole parents either work from home or collect more in unemployment than the teachers make.

In places like NYC that have been so heavily impacted and don't really have the emotional friction, opening won't be to tough. Most everyone's aligned and they've been hardcore masking for months. Elsewhere.....I got news for you, these teachers ain't gonna do it. And if you think the planning is tough, wait til week 3. A lot of the teachers I've talked to are going in believing the whole effort trainwrecks almost immediately.

Also(directed to all), you are literally the definition of a lunatic if still posting feverishly in this thread daily after 6 months. Go see your GP and/or psychiatrist.

The State Department has upped the travel advisory level for New Zealand to Level 2 (Exercise Increased Caution).
New Zealand International Travel Information
I'll keep that in mind once we're allowed to travel there (or almost anywhere else).

After the nucking futs stuff going on in the states, the wife asked if we could move to NZ. :D

Please tell me they are addressing things better than here.

Also(directed to all), you are literally the definition of a lunatic if still posting feverishly in this thread daily after 6 months. Go see your GP and/or psychiatrist.

Lol, takes one to know one.

The reason NY schools are opening is because their disease burden is currently low enough (maybe!!!) to make it happen, with other interventions. Look at cases over last 14 days relative to population. My prediction is it will be a very rocky road even for them. I just hope they can avoid re-establishment of widespread community transmission. For sure they will have some school closures, and a couple staff deaths (which is (arguably) “fine”).

The actual R (not accounting for susceptibility, so not effective R - might be misstating the terminology here as it depends on the framework) still probably needs to remain below 1.3 or so to keep a lid on things in NYC. Assuming 25% not susceptible.

Reactions: TheTalkingMule
After the nucking futs stuff going on in the states, the wife asked if we could move to NZ. :D

Please tell me they are addressing things better than here.
New Zealand has had zero community spread since June. Their 23 active cases are all citizens in quarantine after returning from overseas.
My understanding is that it is possible to immigrate to New Zealand if you are young and have a STEM degree.
Some of the mega rich have residences in New Zealand and made it there before the borders shut on March 19th.
https://nypost.com/2020/04/21/mega-rich-flee-to-new-zealand-during-coronavirus-crisis/

• Informative
Reactions: NikolaACDC
We're on lockdown. Is there something else we should be doing?

Wait a sec. I am not locked down. Never have been in SD. Guess it depends on definition of the term. “Some restrictions on activities which do not excuse my excessive time spent here at TMC,” is how I would describe it.

Pandemic has provided me with a distraction from an unhealthy obsession with battery degradation.