Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Deaths are always too far in the rear view mirror to make that decision. Especially on a nationwide basis. It doesn't hit every community at once, and some can be very out of sync. What's happening in Idaho is not what's happening in Manhattan. For us, by the time we know it is hitting our community it's already waning.

For myself, I look at the situation. If I am going to be indoors around a lot of people, especially sitting in one spot, for an extended period of time, I wear a mask.
Same here, I stopped wearing a mask for about 1 day sometime in the past and then the next wave started and I never looked back.

I'm still looking forward to a day when I'm willing to go into a random fast food restaurant without a mask and stand in front of a cashier that's been elbow to elbow with the whole crew all day. I wear a mask and take the food to go (eat at home).

I'm just still wishing I could stop wearing one in the worst of my scenarios. My doctor looks at me like I'm odd when I wear one into her office. But I figure that practice with hundreds of people (dozens or more of staff, plus dozens of patients) has got to be just about as dangerous a place I've ever been to in terms of covid risk. I literally walk past more employees in the hallways than I do patients and it always seems I'm the only one with a mask these days.

Same here, I stopped wearing a mask for about 1 day sometime in the past and then the next wave started and I never looked back.

I'm still looking forward to a day when I'm willing to go into a random fast food restaurant without a mask and stand in front of a cashier that's been elbow to elbow with the whole crew all day. I wear a mask and take the food to go (eat at home).

I'm just still wishing I could stop wearing one in the worst of my scenarios. My doctor looks at me like I'm odd when I wear one into her office. But I figure that practice with hundreds of people (dozens or more of staff, plus dozens of patients) has got to be just about as dangerous a place I've ever been to in terms of covid risk. I literally walk past more employees in the hallways than I do patients and it always seems I'm the only one with a mask these days.
I hear what you are saying, but I think your odds are better in an office with a doctor and her assistant, or brief encounters in the hall while passing, than, say in an airplane for hours, or a crowded subway or church or theater, where you are exposed to many of the same people for long periods of time. No situation involving people is perfectly safe, but it's (# people) x (time) I think, that's the formula for higher risk.

I hear what you are saying, but I think your odds are better in an office with a doctor and her assistant, or brief encounters in the hall while passing, than, say in an airplane for hours, or a crowded subway or church or theater, where you are exposed to many of the same people for long periods of time. No situation involving people is perfectly safe, but it's (# people) x (time) I think, that's the formula for higher risk.
Or just wear a mask everywhere inside, and live carefree. That's what I do. No worries! I don't even think about it anymore. Masks (working ones of course!) are by all accounts (and in my own experience) impenetrable force fields.

Travel everywhere, life back to normal, etc. No worries at all. I just don't eat inside unless absolutely necessary - but no one wants to eat inside, anyway!

And yes, I know the idea was to not want to wear masks. But who cares really? I for one welcome my new disease-free existence.

Last edited:
Or just wear a mask everywhere inside, and live carefree. That's what I do. No worries! I don't even think about it anymore. Masks (working ones of course!) are by all accounts (and in my own experience) impenetrable force fields.

Travel everywhere, life back to normal, etc. No worries at all. I just don't eat inside unless absolutely necessary - but no one wants to eat inside, anyway!

And yes, I know the idea was to not want to wear masks. But who cares really? I for one welcome my new disease-free existence.
This works for me.

Do you wear the same industrial strength version you use at work or a light travel model on the go?

Do you wear the same industrial strength version you use at work or a light travel model on the go?
I just wear N95 wherever. Medical grade Aura with red straps 1870+ are cheap now so that is typical. Surface seems to fuzz less than the non-medical version when reused.

I like the vented one, 9211+ for workouts or whatever and they probably work best, fabric elasticized straps are more durable too. I use these only where people obviously don’t care about masking. (Would not use at doctor etc.)

I reuse my masks all the time but am careful to not contaminate (though it likely does not matter much).

This is the smart way to go. But I would submit that there are times when eating indoors is the only practical option. Perhaps not in San Diego, but there are other places in the world, it turns out, that aren't San Diego! :D

Conclusions Up to 18% of individuals who were not vaccinated before infection had post-covid-19 condition up to two years after infection, with evidence of excess symptom risk compared with controls. Effective interventions are needed to reduce the burden of post-covid-19 condition. Use of multiple outcome measures and consideration of the expected rates of recovery and heterogeneity in symptom trajectories are important in the design and interpretation of clinical trials.

• Informative
Reactions: madodel and DrGriz

More than 70% of US household COVID spread started with a child, study suggests​

"More than 70% of transmissions in households with adults and children were from a pediatric index case, but this percentage fluctuated weekly," the study authors wrote. "Once US schools reopened in fall 2020, children contributed more to inferred within-household transmission when they were in school, and less during summer and winter breaks, a pattern consistent for 2 consecutive school years."

More than 70% of US household COVID spread started with a child, study suggests​

"More than 70% of transmissions in households with adults and children were from a pediatric index case, but this percentage fluctuated weekly," the study authors wrote. "Once US schools reopened in fall 2020, children contributed more to inferred within-household transmission when they were in school, and less during summer and winter breaks, a pattern consistent for 2 consecutive school years."

Confirmation bias here can confirm (thankfully only half the household got it thanks to social distancing, ventilation and masking once we realized what our child had).

Pretty sad.

Z1q2thO.jpg

Via:

Masks don’t do anything, in fact they can harbor bacteria that can harm you with continual reuse. Throw away your self imposed shackles.

While I'm pretty sure he's a troll, he's not 100% wrong (and there lies the rub, right? Stick to that grain of truth in the sea of falsehood).

REUSED masks, if not cleaned and sanitized, can pose a health risk by harboring pathogens. N95s should be replaced frequently (multiple times per day for hospital staff, daily for general public). But official recommendations are never to re-use the same mask long-term, so it's a red herring argument on the trolls part (shock).

Incorrect. N95 respirators are very effective.

and the jab is highly effective with no adverse events right?
While I'm pretty sure he's a troll, he's not 100% wrong (and there lies the rub, right? Stick to that grain of truth in the sea of falsehood).

REUSED masks, if not cleaned and sanitized, can pose a health risk by harboring pathogens. N95s should be replaced frequently (multiple times per day for hospital staff, daily for general public). But official recommendations are never to re-use the same mask long-term, so it's a red herring argument on the trolls part (shock).
Great ad hominem you have convinced me…

Masks don’t do anything, in fact they can harbor bacteria that can harm you with continual reuse. Throw away your self imposed shackles.
Tell that to all the people who wear masks daily for various reasons, for decades, including your surgeon, painter, wood worker, welder, etc. Long before the pandemic I wore masks for various tasks, all to preserve my health. The only self imposed shackle I see is ignorance. Go outside and get a nice lung full of smoke particles from wild fires if you get the chance...