Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at CPOs.....what is the highest mileage CPO you'd even consider? Also am I correct in stating that the 'basic warranty' is out after 4 years but the 'drivetrain' and 'battery' are good for 8 years/unlimited miles?

Thank You!

Skione65

Our CPO (see my sig) had the equivalent of 38000 miles, and it runs like new, with almost 50000 miles on it almost one year later. CPO provides additional 4 years coverage from delivery date to you, and the original 8 years powertrain from original purchase date. For us, that's 2019 for full coverage, and 2021 for powertrain. Can't go wrong! The powertrain warranty is unlimited miles for 85+ battery packs.

Looking at CPOs.....what is the highest mileage CPO you'd even consider? Also am I correct in stating that the 'basic warranty' is out after 4 years but the 'drivetrain' and 'battery' are good for 8 years/unlimited miles?

Thank You!

Skione65
I hink it depends on how many miles a year you drive. If you drive a lot, then you may want to start with a lower mileage car to keep any semblance of resale value. If you drive comparatively little, you can likely tolerate a higher mileage starting point.

The basic warranty is 4/50k, which is effectively reset with a CPO - 4/50 from date of purchase of the CPO. The 8/unlim on the battery does not apply to the 60 -- that's 8/125k. It is 8/unlim for the 85.

Our CPO (see my sig) had the equivalent of 38000 miles, and it runs like new, with almost 50000 miles on it almost one year later. CPO provides additional 4 years coverage from delivery date to you, and the original 8 years powertrain from original purchase date. For us, that's 2019 for full coverage, and 2021 for powertrain. Can't go wrong! The powertrain warranty is unlimited miles for 85+ battery packs.
Just keep in mind it's also limited to additional 50k miles from the point of the purchase. If you drive around 12k a year that works out nicely with 48k over 4 years, but if you drive more you could be out of warranty much faster.