Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cracked Model X windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, @JonMc !

I am happy to report to everyone that the CORRECT price of the windshield replacement is approx. $880 (NOT $2300 as I was originally quoted). Once again, Tesla comes through with exquisite customer service! Frankly, I am very pleasantly surprised as I thought the cost of the windshield replacement would be much, much higher. Either way, the Model X remains the greatest thing I have every purchased.
Wow. Awesome...that's just a couple of hundred dollars more than what my RX windshield cost me and it wasn't even OEM.

Thanks, @JonMc !

I am happy to report to everyone that the CORRECT price of the windshield replacement is approx. $880 (NOT $2300 as I was originally quoted). Once again, Tesla comes through with exquisite customer service! Frankly, I am very pleasantly surprised as I thought the cost of the windshield replacement would be much, much higher. Either way, the Model X remains the greatest thing I have every purchased.

Holy.....that is cheap! $1100 for a Lexus RX 350 (OEM - done by the dealer), and $880 for a Tesla X windshield??? Its strange that the windshield is cheaper, but then that person who had the brakes issue with his Model S paid such a high amount for those!

Holy.....that is cheap! $1100 for a Lexus RX 350 (OEM - done by the dealer), and $880 for a Tesla X windshield??? Its strange that the windshield is cheaper, but then that person who had the brakes issue with his Model S paid such a high amount for those!

That's the reward for crying out loud on TMC and making a news article out of it :) Now Tesla will be stuck with losing money on every windshield they replace.

Last edited:
That's the reward for crying out loud on TMC and making a news article out of it :) Now Tesla will be stuck with losing money on every windshield they replace.
Or more likely, selling at it's cost. Just had my 2015 BMW X5 Connected drive (w/TACC camera) windshield replaced, insurance paid $650 for the glass. $880 seems right. Your reasoning doesn't make sense, insurance company would be the beneficiary of Your Forum stimulated charity theory. It could've been $1,100 or $2,300 you as a policy holder pays for it, not Tesla. Glass coverage is not expensive, if it is optional in your state, by all means opt for it.

Welcome to the forum. Great to see a Tesla team member reach out to a customer.

@JonMc is a stand up guy. Sent a hand written note and replacement Model S toys after my son dropped his and broke it.

IMG_7833.JPG IMG_5366.JPG

Reactions: JeffK and madodel
Queue @Dr ValueSeeker to find the negative in this. :) Was ready to fill in my own negative why-is-tesla-wrong-to-do-this, but rather see what others can fill in for that?
Clearly all of those sheets of stationery aren't free. Plus, every time a kid breaks a toy, now Tesla has to pay for it? They'll never climb out of that hole.

(How's that sound?)

Queue @Dr ValueSeeker to find the negative in this. :) Was ready to fill in my own negative why-is-tesla-wrong-to-do-this, but rather see what others can fill in for that?

Shoddy injection molded plastic, very indicative of the glued together build of the S. If you are driving a Model S deathtrap you should give it back to Tesla before it falls apart and leaves you stranded or dead
(you can see the child in the pic screaming..'take this back!')

...and the X...don't get me started. that front widow, with its cracks, is just waiting for drivers to fly out of it and become a bloody mess on the road! throw your car away!