Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought about that but then 2 things I'm concerned with. I'll need to switch accounts when I need to drive the other car unless we use my car everytime we go out as a family. Also when you transfer ownership, what happens to the premium connectivity trial? I believe that stays with the original owner and when you transfer you lose that. If that's not the case, I can stomach the inconvenience of switching accounts.
Actually, I was reading yesterday that you can be added as a driver to other teslas so maybe that's what we need to do instead. Just add my account to my wife's as a driver. I plan to call after we take delivery tomorrow and find out the best option. I'll post back what I find out.
Adding a driver works perfectly. It is our setup with my wife. As the title is on me, I had to contact Tesla once to add her as a second driver and she has the car in her account and in the app. Walk away lock woks without a problem and she receives all the notifications I receive. The only 'problem' we have is when we are both approach the car, it does not know which driver profile to apply. But this is not much of problem (at least for us). Also when we went from M3 to MX last year that setup transferred automatically. I did not have to concat Tesla once more to add her as a driver. But that was a trade-in to Tesla, not sure this will work the same way this time when we already sold MX and will not have MY for several month to come. We'll see..

Got the loan approval expiry notice. So just clicked resubmit application. Hope that’s what everyone did?? Or was it foolish to submit now given EDD was stuck Nov 7-27? Now all of that page is gone because of this loan approval expiry and need to update payment method

My current EDD is Nov 2- 22.

I went to the SC yesterday as I had to do something near by. He looked up something on his screen and told I might get the VIN around Nov 6th. There was an extra row in his screen that we do not see in our profile. I just saw the date in his screen, but dont remember the exact name of that row.

So I guess they have a bit more info than us.

I also saw a delivery truck unloading the cars (Few MYs, M3s, MS).

Adding a driver works perfectly. It is our setup with my wife. As the title is on me, I had to contact Tesla once to add her as a second driver and she has the car in her account and in the app. Walk away lock woks without a problem and she receives all the notifications I receive. The only 'problem' we have is when we are both approach the car, it does not know which driver profile to apply. But this is not much of problem (at least for us). Also when we went from M3 to MX last year that setup transferred automatically. I did not have to concat Tesla once more to add her as a driver. But that was a trade-in to Tesla, not sure this will work the same way this time when we already sold MX and will not have MY for several month to come. We'll see..
Thanks for this. Maybe you can setup the priority profile. They have that now where you can set which phone has priority when 2 connected phones are in range.

Reactions: PatrickTM
So Tesla called and asked if we wanted to take delivery today, I wanted to say yes so bad especially when they said we can come at 5:30 but my wife, bless her heart said no, let stick with tomorrow morning as planned. We promised our 8 year old a surprise tomorrow if he maintains good behavior all week so we have to stay with that.
Tesla wanted updated odometer so I decided to see if there's a change in value. Carvana now offer $500 more even with more mileage. Called SA and asked if they would recheck value, he said he'll call back in 5 mins as he was with a customer - that was 20 minutes ago.

Does anyone know if I can request a new valuation? I'm afraid they'll drop the value though and reduce the trade in instead of increasing it. Anyone tried this?

I thought about that but then 2 things I'm concerned with. I'll need to switch accounts when I need to drive the other car unless we use my car everytime we go out as a family. Also when you transfer ownership, what happens to the premium connectivity trial? I believe that stays with the original owner and when you transfer you lose that. If that's not the case, I can stomach the inconvenience of switching accounts.
Actually, I was reading yesterday that you can be added as a driver to other teslas so maybe that's what we need to do instead. Just add my account to my wife's as a driver. I plan to call after we take delivery tomorrow and find out the best option. I'll post back what I find out.
My husband and I keep our car purchases separate (and bank accounts 😂). Tesla delivery guy said we could just add eachother as drivers, since our orders are not linked at all.

I just go here and get my Tesla trade-in value myself: Trade-in | Tesla
I was going to do that but it was taking days a few weeks ago. I don't know if they are back to instant valuation but let me try

Oh snap. Valuation went up $800. It won't let me accept and apply. Says the vehicle is already set for trade in. Time to call someone. oh heck no.

My husband and I keep our car purchases separate (and bank accounts 😂). Tesla delivery guy said we could just add eachother as drivers, since our orders are not linked at all.
Us too (separate car purchases and bank accounts) except we had joint custody of the Model S (and I paid the payment proportionally) plus Tesla didn't have the add a driver feature before so we have this crazy joint Tesla account where it's his email address, my phone number, his username for Tesla.com's forum (RIP) and my username had a back-end programmer switch the owners flag to yes so I could post... 🤣🤣

Looking back at it now is just too funny.