Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today was pick up day. Despite Tesla’s website saying it was contactless when I scheduled my date, it was not. I arrived a couple of minutes early and immediately started looking for my MY. I kept checking my app. After 1 min of not finding my car, I decided to scan the QR code that was posted at the door to the showroom. I signed in and checked out the MY in the showroom. About 5mins later, a SA approached. They had all the paperwork for me to sign. After signing she walked us out to my MY. She showed me how to unlock with the keycard. She was going to show me around and how to set up the phone key. I politely declined as I already know how everything works. She was very courteous.

I looked over the car. The rear driver side door is not flush with the body. Passenger side tail light is not as flush compared to the driver side. Everything else was fine. What are the chances that they screw it up more if I bring the car in to fix it?

Today was pick up day. Despite Tesla’s website saying it was contactless when I scheduled my date, it was not. I arrived a couple of minutes early and immediately started looking for my MY. I kept checking my app. After 1 min of not finding my car, I decided to scan the QR code that was posted at the door to the showroom. I signed in and checked out the MY in the showroom. About 5mins later, a SA approached. They had all the paperwork for me to sign. After signing she walked us out to my MY. She showed me how to unlock with the keycard. She was going to show me around and how to set up the phone key. I politely declined as I already know how everything works. She was very courteous.

I looked over the car. The rear driver side door is not flush with the body. Passenger side tail light is not as flush compared to the driver side. Everything else was fine. What are the chances that they screw it up more if I bring the car in to fix it?
Awesome! Congrats!

Regarding "contactless" delivery, I find that it's just a buzzword thrown around carelessly nowadays. Definition changes from place to place. Is it contactless because you never physically contacted a Tesla employee? In that case, it's technically always been contactless, unless you chose to shake hands with everyone you meet. No one just made a big deal about it. Tesla's definition of "contactless" certainly does not seem to mean human-less. Anyway, good to know how their system and set up works for delivery!

Awesome! Congrats!

Regarding "contactless" delivery, I find that it's just a buzzword thrown around carelessly nowadays. Definition changes from place to place. Is it contactless because you never physically contacted a Tesla employee? In that case, it's technically always been contactless, unless you chose to shake hands with everyone you meet. No one just made a big deal about it. Tesla's definition of "contactless" certainly does not seem to mean human-less. Anyway, good to know how their system and set up works for delivery!
I have been watching too many YouTube videos regarding Tesla pickup experience during this pandemic. I went in thinking it would be similar. Lol. I

Well just noticed my former 2019 M3 SR+ has a proud new owner. Someone paid $46,998 for it (CarMax gave me $41K). Used car market is insane. When I first saw the price they were asking I thought it would be there for a while, but guess the recent price increases and wait for a new one makes them more appealing (it went online last Saturday and was put on hold twice). I must admit I felt a little sad seeing they put that ugly CarMax decal on the trunk, hope the new owner takes it off in short order. If you have a Tesla you are trading in for your MY, you owe it to yourself to get quotes other than what Tesla is offering. Total sellers market on Tesla’s right now.

Amigos - Here is another important thing I learnt today. Check this website to see the latest updates and then check your version to make sure you are not too far behind. Apparently they send updates in groups based on VIN and if you don’t select update it goes away. Sort of weird. So if your WiFi isn’t strong you could potentially miss on many updates.
Here is the website: TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

Does anyone know if editing my order to include a tow hitch will impact my place in the que? Is it 'just a change', or does Tesla view it the same way they would if I switched body styles?
Generally speaking, changes to orders at minimum kick you to the new price, so if you ordered before the most recent price hikes it might cost you more than the $200 extra you'd pay for ordering the hitch after the fact through the Tesla store. As for whether it would kick you to the back of the line, I can't say for sure. Some have reported changing wheel config and it didn't affect their EDD, most people who change FSD don't seem to get dinged on EDD, but changes to paint, 5 vs. 7 seater etc, most of the invasive changes involve a worse EDD. I've never seen anyone add a tow hitch, so no idea what that does to EDD. Personally I'd probably order the hitch later unless you just ordered and you're already paying the current price.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if editing my order to include a tow hitch will impact my place in the que? Is it 'just a change', or does Tesla view it the same way they would if I switched body styles?
I asked my SA about this very thing. He said I would have to pay the current price ($3k more than the price on 7/23) but it wouldn’t affect my place in the queue. I am just going add a tow hitch after I get the car.

This might've already been said, but I talked to my SA about the mud flaps/ppf and whether the MYP's come with them or not. He said it's region specific. They're free in certain regions where tesla thinks they're more necessary and not in others. I'm in Colorado which would seem like a pretty "necessary" place but apparently it's not :/ But I'd call whatever "dealership" you're picking up at and ask them about it directly

I changed to a tow hitch 2 days after order completion. I went through the chat function and was told it wouldn’t change my EDD. As my EDD keeps getting pushed back I don’t know if that’s true. At the very least I would speak with someone about adding it. The way Tesla is prioritizing add ons it may improve your EDD. Who knows….

I was told by Tesla, in no uncertain terms, that adding tow hitch would change both my price and my place in line. Since that's something you can technically get after market, I would not risk it.

IMG_15ADCA3307A8-1.jpeg

Is this something to worry about? Its been stuck at ("null representative") for 3 weeks now. Should I contact my deliver location people? Getting a little nervous that my order has somehow fallen through the cracks.

View attachment 730300
Is this something to worry about? Its been stuck at ("null representative") for 3 weeks now. Should I contact my deliver location people? Getting a little nervous that my order has somehow fallen through the cracks.
That’s weird. If you select cash, no one should need to reach out to you. Looks like a bug but try changing the options and see if that goes away.