Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thanks. I do plan on listening the earnings call....hopefully something comes out of that.
Well, Elon was very explicit on the earnings call that Ys are now being produced in Austin with SBP and 4680s, and that customer deliveries from that plant will happen this Q. I called my local SA the next morning and put my current Model Y order (EDD of March 15-30) into a "hold" state. Told him that I want our Model Y from the Austin factory for the SBP, 4680 cells, and better paint (TX does not have to adhere to the strict chemical laws present in CA, which results in CA paint having to be water based and inferior). I will not accept a VIN from CA with this new tech about to be delivered out of Austin.

Well, Elon was very explicit on the earnings call that Ys are now being produced in Austin with SBP and 4680s, and that customer deliveries from that plant will happen this Q. I called my local SA the next morning and put my current Model Y order (EDD of March 15-30) into a "hold" state. Told him that I want our Model Y from the Austin factory for the SBP, 4680 cells, and better paint (TX does not have to adhere to the strict chemical laws present in CA, which results in CA paint having to be water based and inferior). I will not accept a VIN from CA with this new tech about to be delivered out of Austin.
might depend on whether you are east or west of Austin.

so doesn't really go towards the price of the car right?
I guess it depends on how you look at it.

They add it into the total price of the car, calling it the order fee.
Then, they subtract it at the end. That time calling it the order deposit.

🤷‍♂️

1643491252886.png

@Destiny1701, I don't think it can be overstated how critical the Tesla early adopters were. Pre-autopilot Model S buyers really took a huge leap of faith and accepted a lot of risk buying an EV from an unknown and unproven company, at a time when EVs were essentially R&D science projects and DCFC meant a Nissan Leaf pulling 40kw and waiting for 2 hours...instead of 10 hours on an EVSE. Without people like you buying (multiple) Teslas back then, demoing to others, referring customers, etc. there would not be a Model Y for me to obsess about. So it definitely rubs me the wrong way that Tesla is banning OG customers like you from doing what you've always done - buy Teslas.

Any updates on the status of your account?
Ok update..local SC manager reached out to corp and so far had zero reply in a week. He wasn’t too hopeful as usually corp doesn’t listen to individual SC’s.

I did however order a PY for mid March delivery…( on my account) just in case. It’s not 7 pass and it’s pricier but given wait times for LR and checking delivery times for other manufactures at 6-12 months or longer…the PY was the only viable option now.

If we can resolve this prior to…great. If not, we should be able to get the PY.

Interestingly by chance our SC now has a 7 pass version on display. It’s…ok. The back 2 seats are crazily tight…which makes me think perhaps it’s not as practical as I’d thought.
Also the back seats don’t sit flush when the middle row is flat. Ie. Kids legs would be a few levels higher than where they sit…akward.
So I know a P is not preferred but it’s something. In retrospect we should have just kept the 21’ MY LR. Argh.

As I recall it was a bit more loosely worded. Something like we're planning to deliver Model Y 4680s to customers before the end of Q1.
MUSK:

So, in Texas, we're building the Model Ys with the structural battery pack and the 4680 cells, and we’ll start delivering after final certification of the vehicle, which should be fairly soon. Capacity expansion will continue through maximizing output of each factory and building new factories and new locations in the future...

BAGLINO:

We're building 4680 structural packs every day, which are being assembled into vehicles in Texas. I was driving one yesterday and the day before. And we believe our first 4680 vehicles will be delivered this quarter...

Reactions: SWIPE and PatrickTM
Ok update..local SC manager reached out to corp and so far had zero reply in a week. He wasn’t too hopeful as usually corp doesn’t listen to individual SC’s.

I did however order a PY for mid March delivery…( on my account) just in case. It’s not 7 pass and it’s pricier but given wait times for LR and checking delivery times for other manufactures at 6-12 months or longer…the PY was the only viable option now.

If we can resolve this prior to…great. If not, we should be able to get the PY.

Interestingly by chance our SC now has a 7 pass version on display. It’s…ok. The back 2 seats are crazily tight…which makes me think perhaps it’s not as practical as I’d thought.
Also the back seats don’t sit flush when the middle row is flat. Ie. Kids legs would be a few levels higher than where they sit…akward.
So I know a P is not preferred but it’s something. In retrospect we should have just kept the 21’ MY LR. Argh.

Dude, you just love digging a hole , went through this whole thing about needing the 7 for granny and now going to get a MYP. There goes the deffense .

Hope you didn't use the same name & address or the same things is going to happen

Dude, you just love digging a hole , went through this whole thing about needing the 7 for granny and now going to get a MYP. There goes the deffense .

Hope you didn't use the same name & address or the same things is going to happen
I wouldn’t be so stupid no.

Bro why the aggressive comments? From your first response to all this FKG bullshit our family endured, your specific comments have been nothing but just mired in skepticism. Quite annoying actually. Dealing with enough figuring this all out.

I said we need a vehicle so what choice would I have? Wait another 6-7 months for another LR? Or bite the bullet here and get a P…not my first choice no. If the 7 we couldn’t get so then will have to figure it out with mom right? No need to be all ‘digging a hole’.

We aren’t buying a gas car and other EV options have worse delivery dates than Tesla.
So I placed an order as a backup. We aren’t waiting 6-7 months for an LR that’s for sure.

In retrospect, I know would have been better to just keep the other MY. But life’s a bitch when you least expect it. You roll with the punch and figure it out.

Just ordered a Model S yesterday. Was willing to deal with a 6 month wait until July but this morning it was moved forward to May. Reading this thread I’m getting major heartburn about it actually even appearing this year…. But reading a lot of this thread it seems like the Model Y is mentioned most often as being delayed by a lot due to such high demand. Is that a fair interpretation?

Also, is the Model S still made in Fremont? I’m just up the coast near Seattle and there are tons of Teslas here. I’ve hear location on the country also greatly impacts delivery date…

Just ordered a Model S yesterday. Was willing to deal with a 6 month wait until July but this morning it was moved forward to May. Reading this thread I’m getting major heartburn about it actually even appearing this year…. But reading a lot of this thread it seems like the Model Y is mentioned most often as being delayed by a lot due to such high demand. Is that a fair interpretation?

Also, is the Model S still made in Fremont? I’m just up the coast near Seattle and there are tons of Teslas here. I’ve hear location on the country also greatly impacts delivery date…
Yes, the S still comes out of Fremont. Pretty sure they will not be making them in Austin. Also, here is the S forum so you can get a better idea of delivery status with the S.

Reactions: PatrickTM
We might be on the same truck! Getting mine delivered at Paramus.
You’re getting close!

My vehicle will be in Paramus today or tomorrow, looks like it’s getting prepped on Tuesday. Once it’s ready they need a freight company to pick up the contract to lug it up north to VT. I’m guessing it’ll be delivered to my home next weekend or the following week. Exciting times!

You’re getting close!

My vehicle will be in Paramus today or tomorrow, looks like it’s getting prepped on Tuesday. Once it’s ready they need a freight company to pick up the contract to lug it up north to VT. I’m guessing it’ll be delivered to my home next weekend or the following week. Exciting times!
very exciting.... curious since you mentioned before that you live far from a service center...what will you do if you need service on your MY? Sounds like a lot of cars need some tweaking after initial delivery...

Reactions: PatrickTM
By some chance if identical cars are made in both plants they won’t give you

very exciting.... curious since you mentioned before that you live far from a service center...what will you do if you need service on your MY? Sounds like a lot of cars need some tweaking after initial delivery...
Haha, my wife asked me the same question and I don’t have the best answer…

There are service centers around 120 miles away, not ideal but I’ll make a day of it if needed. I believe there are some local service options (we do have an office locally, I think they focus on solar). This was based on info from a MYP owner I know indirectly here in my area. Honestly, I’m taking a bit of a leap of faith, so I’m hoping luck is on my side.

Haha, my wife asked me the same question and I don’t have the best answer…

There are service centers around 120 miles away, not ideal but I’ll make a day of it if needed. I believe there are some local service options (we do have an office locally, I think they focus on solar). This was based on info from a MYP owner I know indirectly here in my area. Honestly, I’m taking a bit of a leap of faith, so I’m hoping luck is on my side.
You know what a bit annoying about my situation? We have a service center 2 miles from my work. Are they allowed to sell Teslas? No -_- Hence the carrier direct. But, I guess at least there’s a service center nearby.

Reactions: BTVev