Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The RAM limited pickups are widely known to have the best quality truck interiors across all three major brands. It has consistently been in the top ten interiors ratings for all vehicles for the last ten years or so. It's one reason why I drive a RAM pickup - I prefer nicer interior appointments. Go sit in a RAM 1500 Longhorn or Limited interior - then you'll understand. :cool:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder obviously. That's one ugly interior if you ask me. Are the seats more comfortable?
2019-ram-1500-laramie-longhorn-interior-austin-tx-1024x542.png

It is about using the roof bars while loaded, they don't recommend using them off-road. It is not about driving the Cybertruck off-road normally.

Still lame/weak, in my opinion. Campers and overlanders load the bed and roof racks up. Much posted about this in the Rivian forums. Full overlanding capability in that truck. Many 3rd party offerings as well. Sad that the "Cyberbeast" is not competitive, in that regard.

1702650465545.png

1702650665292.png

Last edited:

You can download the manual at the bottom of the page.

1000002578.png

Crossbars apparently won't survive an automatic car wash.

All of this brings up an interesting point from a design perspective - a lot of the pictures and promo material show kayaks or large, long objects going past the apex of the roofline. Won't that create drag, thus reducing efficiency?

You can download the manual at the bottom of the page.

View attachment 999660

Crossbars apparently won't survive an automatic car wash.

All of this brings up an interesting point from a design perspective - a lot of the pictures and promo material show kayaks or large, long objects going past the apex of the roofline. Won't that create drag, thus reducing efficiency?

Those pictures/explanations make sense concerning the crossbar.

The pics are not totally about the crossbar. It's about things attached to the crossbar as well as a car washes brushes being caught in the crossbar.

Last edited:
Apparently - and this is me guessing now - they aren't showing kayaks in the bed with the tailgate down because the rear camera is mounted there, so legally you always have to have that up

Apparently - and this is me guessing now - they aren't showing kayaks in the bed with the tailgate down because the rear camera is mounted there, so legally you always have to have that up.

What a design mess.
visibility is key when towing or having large stuff in the bed. Big side mirrors and rear view mirrors are important. A total fail for Tesla

• Disagree
Reactions: lowtek
Looks like Rivian wins that one, and the Overlanding one as well.

Maybe the aftermarket will correct Tesla's mistakes.

Bigger mirrors, etc.

Like the have done with stalk, yoke, and SEXY button retrofits.

Biggest concerns I think with CT are, in order:

Delivery Time

Price

Build quality

Real world range

Risk of major design defects and recalls.

If the RWD were available in March for 60k, I'd be putting in the 1k deposit.

Reactions: TessP100D