Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe the aftermarket will correct Tesla's mistakes.

Bigger mirrors, etc.

Like the have done with stalk, yoke, and SEXY button retrofits.

Biggest concerns I think with CT are, in order:

Delivery Time

Price

Build quality

Real world range

Risk of major design defects and recalls.

If the RWD were available in March for 60k, I'd be putting in the 1k deposit.

They are selling EVERY single CT they make for the next 2 years.

If that's a mistake...I'm sure other OEMs will try and make the same mistakes.

Rear cameras are mounted on the tailgate for all pickups IME. Some also have a bed camera - but not tall. It's not a legal requirement to have the tailgate up - as most short bed pickups are routinely used with the tailgate down for hauling longer items. Most of the ICE trucks have an accessory you can add to extend the short bed with the tailgate down to haul safely. My RAM 1500 with the 6.4 bed and ramboxes shipped with an extender - here's a pic of what i"m referring to - installed over the tailgate:

View attachment 999713

I use my rambox bed divider/extender occasionally when hauling larger items in the bed. Specific to the CT - if/when you're hauling a larger item - you'd have the bed cover retracted fully - so you'd be able to use the normal rearview mirror to see out the rear window - however small/narrow that may be. This is what I do - I use a combination of the rearview and towing side mirrors when in reverse. I honestly hardly ever use the rearview camera when backing up and towing/hauling - it's just not sufficient for these use cases. Honestly, the side mirrors on the CT seem like a bad joke with this in mind, though perhaps you could use the side/blind spot cameras to attempt to replace towing mirror functions. This remains to be seen.
Yep, I use a strap/net bed extender as well. 7' flat bed when tailgate is down (for 4x8' sheets of stuff.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
Only if you pay extra for it. (Just like with the Cybertruck.)
Well, not quite, "just..."

When you pay for the Rivian spare, it comes with a jack kit and more - and all of that goes under the bed. When the under bed storage is not consumed by the tire and kit, it serves as an ice chest (yeah, it has a drain), or for storage (storage dividers included). With Cybertruck, you get a tire to throw in the back of your bed!

With Cybertruck, you get a tire to throw in the back of your bed!
Not just a tire... Toolkit included too.

Screenshot_20231215_143925_Edge.jpg

Every OEM is going to sell every truck they make for the next two years.

No they weren't going to .

Until some of them scaled back their production. The only way they would sell everything is to make less things.

Tesla is going to sell everything they make with production increasing. Even increasing on their other models.

forgot about that

what a deal ! and you lose 1/3 of your available bed space...

I wonder if someone will develop a spare tire carrier for the back of the CyberTruck, like Jeeps manage. It would take some clever engineering, and would cost some range, but would be MUCH better than just throwing it in the bed.

But I agree the lack of spare storage is a huge miss.

No they weren't going to .

Until some of them scaled back their production. The only way they would sell everything is to make less things.

Tesla is going to sell everything they make with production increasing. Even increasing on their other models.

Ford is cutting production for several reason not just because their crummy dealers are always looking to make money off market adjustments.

Tesla will sell everything only after slashing prices just like Legacy OEMS.

Just like Tesla doesn't have dealers, they call them "showrooms"

Tesla doesn't have salesman, except those that consistently call from Nevada or text you every week about ordering a Tesla

Tesla doesn't so prototypes......... except the current CT is nothing like the Prototype we saw 4 years ago

I wonder if someone will develop a spare tire carrier for the back of the CyberTruck, like Jeeps manage. It would take some clever engineering, and would cost some range, but would be MUCH better than just throwing it in the bed.

But I agree the lack of spare storage is a huge miss.
Here’s to hoping….

Also a huge miss is Monroe rack usage if you go off road.

Ford is cutting production for several reason not just because their crummy dealers are always looking to make money off market adjustments.

Tesla doesn't have salesman, except those that consistently call from Nevada or text you every week about ordering a Tesla

Tesla doesn't so prototypes......... except the current CT is nothing like the Prototype we saw 4 years ago

The CEO of Ford says that there are 2 reasons they are cutting production.

1. demand
2. no profit. <--primarily due to their dealership markups. As you and the CEO states, their union dealerships are killing them.

There is not an OEM on the planet that would cut the production of something that is profitable and demanding.

The current CT is "nothing like" the prototype. Nothing?

To add to the above, imagine wanting to go boondock camping, maybe using Tesla’s (overpriced) tent camper, and having to drag the spare out of the bed every time you want to crawl in the back to sleep. And then having to haul it back into the bed, possibly wet and dirty, when breaking camp.

Or, risk getting stuck in the wild with no spare. Neither sound like a good plan.

?

The CEO of Ford says that there are 2 reasons they are cutting production.

1. demand
2. no profit. <--primarily due to their dealership markups. As you and the CEO states, their union dealerships are killing them.

There is not an OEM on the planet that would cut the production of something that is profitable and demanding.

The current CT is "nothing like" the prototype. Nothing?

There is no profit, and for anyone headed to the dealer to buy a Lightning, know that dealers make $10k for every Lightning they sell regardless of what price they sell it at.

The demand for the Lightning is not there because those looking for a truck, a true truck have done their research and know that it simply does not have the range or charging speed to fit their needs. Unlike Tesla, Ford doesn't have a cult following, unless it's the Mustang Cars and Coffee wrecking crew.