Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could have happened? I lived in an area like that for years...pulled lots of people out of snow banks, high centered spots, etc. From the video..it shows the tires as being the first problem and the driver being the second.
I love using my winch and straps. Seeing anyone in distress I can help is part of having that thing on the front or back. Usually the people are so embarrassed and upset that I don't think I would ever take a picture of them. Only thing I do is let them attach it to the car.

Per the two chief engineers on the Top Gear video - the CT is not bulletproof, it's "bullet resistant". They openly said the 3mm SS will only stop subsonic rounds. That's why they used an old Tommy gun that fires subsonic 45 caliber rounds, and a 9mm that was loaded with subsonic rounds. That's a nice way of saying those videos are click-bait for the fanboy base basically. They literally said all of this directly in the video, that any supersonic round will penetrate the steel. Newsflash, many pistols and almost every rifle in existence fire supersonic rounds with higher muzzle velocities these days. Any version of the AR-15 with 223/556 rounds, with muzzle velocities ranging from 2500-4000fps leaving the barrel, would turn the CT into swiss cheese in other words.

The steel is now only "up to 1.8mm," fwiw.

I have this packed away in a box thinking this day would never come. The ugly Christmas sweater.

Guess I am going to have to find the box.:p

Screenshot_20191128-140029.png

Well, at the risk of beating a dead horse, a lot of things were originally promoted that aren't going to be in the production version.

The most important part of that statement is "the why of it".

For example, if 1.8mm of this stuff can stop a bullet...then why do you need 3mm of it? Let's save some weight. lol

Which makes you wonder...why tell everyone 3mm in the first place?View attachment 1000626

~3mm goes to 1.8 and it's a problem? Approximate 3 inches goes to 1.8mm? Do we need to go into how much approximate is allowed to go? geesshhhh.

Maybe they wanted to use approximately 3mm and then changed their minds in the middle of production. What would you suggest they do when this happens? Send you an email and get your approval if 1.8mm is approved as approximate? I'm serious.
Should they say to themselves - Oh No - we can't improve that part because we didn't tell "dark and stormy" or "so-and-so" that we were going to change it.

I'm serious when I ask that. What would you suggest they do when they change their minds to improve their own product in their own factory?

Tesla made about 80 changes to the Model Y Octo valve from the day it came out to a few weeks later. I suppose they should have had 80 press conferences.

I suppose this is the friggin world we live in now. Just hate hate hate. What do people do now - wake up in the morning looking for the wrong in others? I just don't get it. I'm glad I'm old. Just pray for my grandkids.

Last edited:
Sandy gets a tour of the Cybertruck Stainless Steel line at Tesla, and they clarify that the doors are ~1.8mm while the hood and other panels are ~1.4mm:

And that means what? What if it's actually 1mm? What if its' 6mm?

Does that mean it will not fit in your garage now?

Everyone is responding to my questions and not answering them.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: jebinc