Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not going to protect people from most bullets. This was discussed ad nauseam in the past. It's not made to stop supersonic rounds, which are almost all bullets used.

IMG_0115.gif

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
Well if I'm driving through the ghetto and a stray bullet...
Tesla used subsonic rounds, because supersonic rounds will go through. They said this in 2 different interviews. It's not going to protect people from bullets.
Didn't they use full metal jacket? Supersonic hollow points might not go through. Distance is a factor too. More likely to get hit by a distant stray bullet than being directly fired on at close range. At least that's how it is for most Americans. Have any of you been shot at?

I'm tired of hearing about how production is so hard.

Of course it is. Tesla has had a decade and 4 product launches to figure that out AND give realistic production schedules.

Pandemic over, supply chain intact, No more excuses.

Lol.. your being tired of hearing about something doesn't change anything.

When you are using parts that have never been used before - it's a different "hard".

Tesla has never done Cybertruck type work before - no one has.

Here they talk about the thicknesses of their product and how they changed the thickness of the material after they started using it. Its amazing.

Last edited:
Have any of you been shot at?
Not while in the US.

I posted to gt that the 1.8mm stainless isn't really made to stop a bullet. It's tough and they showed that with subsonic ammo, but Tesla's engineer said that anything supersonic would penetrate it, which is a vast majority of ammo that is used.

That's it. The trolling part was gt first saying he wasn't talking about bullets, which is why I quoted his post 3 times.

No one should shoot their truck to test...or they will have a hole in it.

So glad Tesla didn't talk about the "scuba battery pack" and "wave mode". There would be another 10 pages of hate on this thread. Tons of people would be saying that the F-150 has the same function.

click here for an explanation.

Rivian showed videos YEARS ago of the R1T driving through water door high with it nearly going over the hood.... so somehow they can do that without bragging about "scuba battery pack". The battery pack in the Model 3 sits so low yet after 6+ yrs i still have to hear from anyone who destroyed their battery pack driving through 10 inch deep water... in times of iPhones being IP68 ... i don't think a metal box containing a battery being waterproof at 20 inch depth is a sensation...