Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quote my ENTIRE statement, The ENTIRE STATEMENT.

Now you don't believe the videos. LOL
I can't tell if you are trolling or just dumb.

Tesla said they used subsonic rounds because anything supersonic will go right through. Almost every gun on the street will be supersonic outside of .45.

This means that it's not really going to protect people. They said this intentionally so that people wouldn't go home and shoot their truck and the bullet will go right through.

And Tesla is known for faking/gaming videos, like the 2016 FSD video.

I can't tell if you are trolling or just dumb.

Tesla said they used subsonic rounds because anything supersonic will go right through. Almost every gun on the street will be supersonic outside of .45.

This means that it's not really going to protect people. They said this intentionally so that people wouldn't go home and shoot their truck and the bullet will go right through.

Personal insult is going anywhere. It's amazing those kinds of bullets aren't against any kind of rules here.

Doesn't matter what we are talking about.

Best to say, “It’s not going to protect people from all bullets”. Or to describe it as bullet resistant.

And not all bullets will be fired perpendicularly to the sheet metal, so even higher power rounds may be deflected enough to protect the occupants
It's not going to protect people from most bullets. This was discussed ad nauseam in the past. It's not made to stop supersonic rounds, which are almost all bullets used.

Everyone is responding to my questions and not answering them.
It's a forum ... nothing is off topic. Check this thread, it is schizophrenic, like the Borg hive ... thousands of voices. Many conversations happening all at once. And not one had to do with ... wait, what're we talking about?

Last edited:
Reactions: ArchHamster
It's a forum ... nothing is off topic. Check this thread, it is schizophrenic, like the Borg hive ... thousands of voices at once.

I am starting to see what you are saying. You are correct.

No comment is off topic.

I mean, Ford would outsell Tesla using its design to be honest….

IMG_0484.jpeg

But then again, GM tried this design with the Avalanche and Tesla decided to make a baby with the Delorean.

Quote my ENTIRE statement, The ENTIRE STATEMENT.

Now you don't believe the videos. LOL
Here's Lars - who was one of the two chief engineers for the CT - telling us all that the CT isn't bulletproof - he even goes out of his way to correct the "bulletproof" wording when Franz mistakenly parrots it - since that's what Elon keeps doing. This is a straight excerpt from the Top Gear CT review video:

Long story short - it's "bullet resistant" to subsonic ACP rounds at best. Most modern handguns and almost all rifles fire supersonic rounds these days - including the majority of 9mm rounds in what is the most common handgun at least here in the US. The only handguns that fire ACP rounds are 45s, 380s and 38s typically. People purchase subsonic rounds specifically for use with suppressors only - and are therefore hard to find and expensive. The video Tesla produced, specifically used subsonic 45 ACP rounds, which by no coincidence is exactly why Tesla used a 100 year old Tommy Gun design that just happens to fire 45ACP rounds, and they used 9mm subsonic rounds with the 9mm handgun. This is a nice way of saying the video was staged. My AR-15 that fires standard 223/556 rounds at 3500-4000fps - would turn any CT into swiss cheese - as would any other rifle really. Most modern handguns using home defense rounds fire supersonic rounds. The higher muzzle velocity results in more kinetic energy and therefore the rounds do more damage for home defense purposes. As Lars said in the video - it's a simple matter of physics and mathematics.

Reactions: jebinc