Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dallas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My dad lives in Dallas and I thought it would be fun to rent a tesla model s for him to drive for a day. Since Tesla can't officially have dealerships, you can't even get official test drives (I have learned). Any mod s rentals there?
It's a bit of a stretch but I'll ask anyway...

If you take in your car for a 4+ hour service in Seattle, can your dad cash in your loaner in Dallas until your car is ready?

To whom ever the Model S owner with the recycle america plates....sorry for freaking you out! Saw the S going southbound on 75 and was on the Brammo....

The roadster was in the garage. Felt like taking the bike to work. Anyways, nice looking car...hope I didn't freak you and your dog out!

Last edited:
Hello Model S owners in Dallas, I am based on Plano Tx and VERY interested in buying a model S. Was in Austin yesterday and saw the show car at the show room and must say - very impressive. Have been researching the situation in Texas with the inability to test drive, complexity of registering the car in Texas, buy from show room, service situation. How did it work work out for you? I really want to buy one but am concerned about the crappy regulation here in Texas and if it could get worse as the years tick by.. ? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Hello Model S owners in Dallas, I am based on Plano Tx and VERY interested in buying a model S. Was in Austin yesterday and saw the show car at the show room and must say - very impressive. Have been researching the situation in Texas with the inability to test drive, complexity of registering the car in Texas, buy from show room, service situation. How did it work work out for you? I really want to buy one but am concerned about the crappy regulation here in Texas and if it could get worse as the years tick by.. ? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

The experience is annoying during delivery (better now than before), but the post delivery ownership experience is quite good. The service center in Dallas is great and the staff are very helpful. The only irritation is that you can't call the service center directly to schedule appointments, you must call Tesla California and they schedule it.

I work in Plano and would be happy to show you my Model S - private message me if you are interested.

The experience is annoying during delivery (better now than before), but the post delivery ownership experience is quite good. The service center in Dallas is great and the staff are very helpful. The only irritation is that you can't call the service center directly to schedule appointments, you must call Tesla California and they schedule it.

I work in Plano and would be happy to show you my Model S - private message me if you are interested.

Appreciate it. I send you a private message with my contact information. Please ping me when u get a chance and we can coordinate. I am planning a trip to NJ next week and hope to test drive it there. Hopefully soon after place the order. Am inclined towards the blue with tan interior.

I LOVE what the Austin Tesla Owners have done with their group. I figured somebody needed to start a Dallas group, so here it is: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/dallastesla

Please join!

Also, I see many people are looking for free charging. I have HPWC in my warehouse when open, and a free 14-50 plug outside always available.

Apex Express, Inc.
Jay Squyres 972-409-9500
2619 Brenner Dr.
Dallas, TX 75220
Wall.jpg

I LOVE what the Austin Tesla Owners have done with their group. I figured somebody needed to start a Dallas group, so here it is: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/dallastesla

Please join!

Also, I see many people are looking for free charging. I have HPWC in my warehouse when open, and a free 14-50 plug outside always available.

Apex Express, Inc.
Jay Squyres 972-409-9500
2619 Brenner Dr.
Dallas, TX 75220
View attachment 22807

I may take you up on charging in the future as I'll be driving past you to Gainesville to visit my son!

Informal poll: How many folks would want to participate in a Tesla SuperCharger scavenger hunt of sorts? This would entail DFW area owners driving halfway to Houston or Austin and checking out nearby highway exits in a prioritized order. Assuming Tesla has already broken ground, we know the rough footprints of the California SuperChargers and the type of things Tesla likes to have nearby, so we would be looking for a small-ish construction zone of sorts. Does this interest anyone?