Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dark spot in headlight beam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery and I have this really distracting dark spot in my driver side beam. Is this something I should have Tesla fix or can I just adjust headlights in settings

Sorry, not seeing it. Can you put an arrow on the spot? Or do you mean that little dip where the two beams overlap? If it's that, then that's common in all vehicles that I've owned in the last 20yrs.

I just picked up my model Y performance and at night there’s a noticeable dark spot/ shadow toward the left side of the car. I know there are cool/ dark spots on these projectors but this is really distracting at night.

A945D359-6D3E-4E31-BC70-EB4B3CFC32CA.jpeg

DCF11893-A6C3-44FC-B82C-7F411FFAEACA.jpeg

Reactions: Skavatar
Yeah looks like the two dark spots converge somewhere toward the driver side down the road. Hence the dark spot I'm seeing. The dark spots come from the projector beams only. Hopefully when we're able to fully use them as active matrix lights they can fix that.

Reactions: Skavatar
I'm finally getting used to them. By telling myself they don't bother me. I miss the old reflector lights from the original model 3. The new Model S light has the same dark spots albeit they are slightly less than my Y.