Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again I hope this is something simple. Cabin protection used to work and now I can not get it to work at all. I get no messages whatsoever from it. The "last updated", smart charge, and auto actions work fine. Rebooted phone - no joy. Is there a debug log anywhere? What am I missing?

I assume the HCAC button at the top is for manual activation and I don't want that on for automatic cabin protection. Yes?

I would love to see an informative error message when errors occur. Now it just seems to stop.

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_20170728-035951.png Screenshot_20170728-035621.png

Reactions: SG57
@hiroshiy , Apple's policies are good intentioned but no doubt stifle innovation. For example, it costs $100 per year to exist on Apple's app store versus Google it's $35 one-time payment. Which one would you choose to create something new on?

@supratachophobia , this was a legitimate Apple policy that's been around forever and likely went unnoticed for so long until somebody at Tesla filed a complaint and forced Apple to take action. These 3rd party apps must remove all usage of Tesla's APIs to remain on the app store. Curious if you could work around this, perhaps using a remote service to do all the Tesla API calls.

@KidDoc , glad I read your suggestion at the perfect time just now, I've added buttons per your request and its on its way out with the new update as we speak.

@robz , also glad I read your suggestion earlier, this is also added per your request and will be in the new update that's on its way out as we speak.

@KArnold , I've added more hints and tips in the new update that's going out, hopefully it will help explain the less self-explanatory buttons and features, especially on the climate screen. For the most part, everything with a circle around can be interacted with. But yes, the HVAC button is inbetween the 2 temperature sliders and simply turns on or off the HVAC per your action. The Camper mode/ cabin temperature protection button is just below the title and you'll know it's enabled when it's filled with a color (Purple for camper mode, yellow for cabin temperature protection).

-

Everyone, I'm pushing out the update as we speak (1.21.0) and will have the official release post with all the details later this evening. I hope everyone likes the new UI assets, improved Wear support, misc. improvements and bug fixes.

Next up is even more Wear support, more configurable widgets, and some other neat stuff. Hopefully this time it won't take me so long, but life got in the way for a bit.

Last edited:
Hey all,

It's been a minute, but that's not without something to show for it.

Release Post

-
screenshot9.png

Improved Wear Support

It's important to me that the Wear app is as functional and impressive as the companion mobile app. With this update I've gotten closer to just that.

Included with the improved Wear app is a new home and charge screen, plus an updated controls and climate screen. You can now set your charge limit, monitor vehicle statuses, set valet mode, start/stop charging, open/close charge port door, you name it - all from your Wear devices. Be sure to scroll down on each screen just like the mobile app to access more functionality.

Still to come is a location screen, telemetry readings, summon & HomeLink support, and a watch face!

-

IQrLf2m.png

UI Makeover

Continued efforts to improve the aesthetics of the app across the board with some asset and design improvements.
This includes support for the new Model 3.

For fun, be sure to play with the Trim Designer to see what different models, trims, wheels and paint colors a Tesla could look like.

-

Other Notable Changes
  • Added up and down arrow buttons to all set temperature slider controls
  • Added 40 - 100 speed clocking record type
  • Added more tips and hints through out the app
  • Added preferred range preference setting to Wear app
  • Updated sign in screen to use the video as the backdrop
  • Added confirmation prompt when attempting to purchase the Wear Support feature
  • Adjusted ratings prompt to be less nosey
  • Tons of bug fixes and misc. improvements and tweaks!

-

Coming Up

• More Wear app improvements, namely a watch face, location screen, telemetry readings, and summon and homelink support
  • More Widget configuration possibilities, namely the controls widget allowing you to configure which commands you'd like to be shown in the widget
  • More automatic behavior conditions, namely current weather and vehicle status

-

You are all welcome to try the app for free with this access code valid this Saturday-only that grants full access to every feature the app has to offer usable on your actual Tesla vehicle:

To enter an access code, press and hold the sign-in button for 3 seconds when signing in.

Thanks everyone for your continued support and patience and be sure to let me know if you need anything.

Last edited:
@DaddyP713 , that's no good. Do you have any special features enabled, such as plug-in reminder, smart charging, automatic behaviors, or camper mode/cabin temperature protection?

Also, can you verify the legitimacy of the warning by checking your battery usage statistics for the app on the phone? You can do this by going into the Android's Settings app, then into the "Battery" settings. From here you should be able to see the largest battery consuming apps and hardware, typically your screen and the Android System should be using up most of your battery (as expected). On my Google Pixel, Dashboard for Tesla comes in below even "Phone Idle" with <1%.

Let me know what you find!

That's to be expected with any background service enabled with smart charging, camper mode, automatic behaviors being the ones that could impact it the most. 1% per hour is negligible if accurate. I'll keep an eye on it, if you guys are seeing battery life problems or sky rocketing battery usage coming from the app due to the update please let me know.

@DaddyP713 , that's no good. Do you have any special features enabled, such as plug-in reminder, smart charging, automatic behaviors, or camper mode/cabin temperature protection?

Also, can you verify the legitimacy of the warning by checking your battery usage statistics for the app on the phone? You can do this by going into the Android's Settings app, then into the "Battery" settings. From here you should be able to see the largest battery consuming apps and hardware, typically your screen and the Android System should be using up most of your battery (as expected). On my Google Pixel, Dashboard for Tesla comes in below even "Phone Idle" with <1%.

Let me know what you find!

Nothing enabled at all right now. The battery monitor said the app was using 3.5% per hour. I wish I had taken a screen shot...

My perception matches the report, my battery was draining fast.

• Informative
Reactions: SG57
Hey all,

Just finished up a neat new Wear feature I'm excited to share with everyone real fast, you now have the exact same Location screen functionality as the mobile app has. This means live telemetry readings and vehicle location monitoring using an interactive map with configurable settings for map render type, show/hide traffic, and vehicle auto-following/tracking.

I'll be testing the changes in full over the course of the next few days before sharing it with everyone, so let's plan for Monday!

9f5K2Qn.png

On a related note, it's fun to think about and appreciate the huge journey of networking involved here.. From your watch, to your mobile device, to Tesla's servers, to your vehicle to collect the data, then from your vehicle, back to Tesla's servers, back to your mobile device, then finally back to your watch before displaying it in a meaningful way. Technology still blows my mind despite being knee-deep in it everyday.

Last edited: