Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where on the home screen am I looking to see the uncorking?

When switching away from the app, I get an app stopped working message from the OS.
I don't know, but then I have an uncorked MS75D, so I'm obviously not eligible for uncorking. Maybe something only shows up if you are eligible?

Never seen or heard of your other issue. sorry. I'd try rebooting the phone, and if that didn't help, I'd reinstall the app.

Today I got a quickly (one second) disappearing banner at app logon. It was hard to read so I got it on video.
There where no update via the app but after reinstalling latest version the message went away. :)

upload_2018-1-5_13-56-52.png

Not sure if other Samsung Gear owners lurk on this thread, I check it periodically to look for the forsaken Gear implementation, but there is a nice watch face for the Gears S2 called Tesap-12H- Tesla inspired by Frank Szarszewski that is pretty sweet!
I keep checking also for Samsung gear app I keep fingers crossed everyday can't wait. I'm glad it's more than just me wanting it (hint hint developer)

I don't know, but then I have an uncorked MS75D, so I'm obviously not eligible for uncorking. Maybe something only shows up if you are eligible?

Never seen or heard of your other issue. sorry. I'd try rebooting the phone, and if that didn't help, I'd reinstall the app.
I'll try re-installing it again, maybe it was an issue with a previous version and when I reinstalled that stuck around through updates

I'll wait and see if the Dev needs any captures first though

I'm sorry if this ('MY SUGGESTION' below) has been discussed and I missed it (I followed this thread closely then lost my X for 6 months and now have another so catching up) ...

Various cars have 'remote start' to 'warm them up' (gas engine and warm cabin). Our Chevrolet Volts have a 'precondition' which generally just uses the battery to warm up the cabin. It does it for 10 minutes. You can do it twice.

Tesla cars simply would let you turn the HVAC 'on' ... it used to do this just for a fixed 30 minutes as I recall. I also think that the Dashboard for Tesla 'camper mode' would restart this. NOW, I think with 2017.50.2 (?) Tesla's phone app (i.e. general API functionality) will just turn 'on' the HVAC until you hit 20% ... but presumably before that 20% you have gotten in to drive it, then exited, which (I think) shuts the HVAC off.

MY SUGGESTION: a new dialog in Dashboard for Tesla option for turning HVAC on that lets you set a time limit if you want (i.e. 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 8 hrs). I was only thinking about time but in theory someone may come up with a scenario where they only want it to use 2% SOC (current SOC 60% until it detects it drops down to 58%). -- for my use case I have my Tesla in a 40F degree attached garage and I want it to turn the HVAC on for 10 minutes. In this scenerio I do plan on leaving in 10 minutes but it may end up as 15 or 20 and I'm fine with it only running 10 minutes as it will still be 'warm enough' -- plus it would then *only*preheat*my*battery for 10 minutes.

Hope you guys can parse out my meaning. Been a long day and I have thought about posting this question for a while but keep forgetting to do it.

NOW, I think with 2017.50.2 (?) Tesla's phone app (i.e. general API functionality) will just turn 'on' the HVAC until you hit 20% ... but presumably before that 20% you have gotten in to drive it, then exited, which (I think) shuts the HVAC off.
Yes! This new function of the Tesla app came as a surprise to me.
It would be a role reversal in effect. I used Dashboard to run it all day before, now Dashboard could be the app I use to turn it on for only 30 minutes.

• Funny
Reactions: SG57
MY SUGGESTION: a new dialog in Dashboard for Tesla option for turning HVAC on that lets you set a time limit if you want (i.e. 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 8 hrs). I was only thinking about time but in theory someone may come up with a scenario where they only want it to use 2% SOC (current SOC 60% until it detects it drops down to 58%). -- for my use case I have my Tesla in a 40F degree attached garage and I want it to turn the HVAC on for 10 minutes. In this scenerio I do plan on leaving in 10 minutes but it may end up as 15 or 20 and I'm fine with it only running 10 minutes as it will still be 'warm enough' -- plus it would then *only*preheat*my*battery for 10 minutes.

Yes! This new function of the Tesla app came as a surprise to me.
It would be a role reversal in effect. I used Dashboard to run it all day before, now Dashboard could be the app I use to turn it on for only 30 minutes.

You have a very different use case than most users I think as you run your HVAC all day.

I assume you are talking about DfT Camper Mode but my suggestion above is very different in concept and ease of use. A new dialog when you turn on HVAC. Pressing:
ZA42JWV.jpg

via a widget or from within the app itself would give you some timer options.

Installed the app again. My watch broke, and while fixing it i bought a new phone.. And so on..
The app is still good! But I noticed that on my android wear. Moto 360 1st gen. Everything is in fahrenheit, miles.. On my phone everything is set to celsius, km.
A bug?

I get this too saying "performance upgrade available" but I've already had it done. Or at least the SC said they did it. Is there another way to verify?
Compare it to the actual performance from known uncorked users. See this threads
1st post: ( Upgraded performance Metrics Summary ) and then see the
86th post ( Upgraded performance Metrics Summary ) for an updated table.

perf_config can still be accessed via the REST API for cars running version 2017.46 and above. It is now under "data_request/vehicle_config" instead of "data_request/vehicle_state" for previous versions.
This quote is from another thread. It is unclear is the Tesla API can return all the fields/values that know for sure. This quote indicates it is still available.

Reactions: KArnold
Thanks for the response. It's difficult to get good real world performance numbers in these temperatures and road conditions.

I have a 2017 MSD built mid-June. TeslaFi has the "[perf_config] => P1" so I believe that means the software is where it should be. I just don't know (or how to find out) what "drive unit" i have. I sent an email to the SC to see if they can enlighten me by VIN.

It's not big deal - more curioisity than anything now. Plus, Dashboard for Tesla indicates a performance upgrade is available.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the response. It's difficult to get good real world performance numbers in these temperatures and road conditions.
I have a 2017 MSD built mid-June. TeslaFi has the "[perf_config] => P1" so I believe that means the software is where it should be. I just don't know (or how to find out) what "drive unit" i have. I sent an email to the SC to see if they can enlighten me by VIN.
It's not big deal - more curioisity than anything now. Plus, Dashboard for Tesla indicates a performance upgrade is available. Thanks again.
You are welcome. I'm a TeslaFI user as well. I forgot but now realize I don't think the "[perf_config] => P1" means it is uncorked for 100 kWh vehicles. You did not specify what yours was and I couldn't tell from your other post.

I think @SG57 my need to adjust his fields/values used to determine this. It is clearly causing some confusion and certainly the P85+ mentioned above is falsely identified. If he is using "[perf_config] => P1" for 100 kWh vehicles I don't think that is valid either.

And, yes, I understand your point about the cold because my X 100D was recently uncorked and I have not been able to tested it due to weather and then a medical procedure where I can't drive for a few days.

How do I debug smart charging?

Today it didn't seem to work. It didn't started charging.
What I did - in the morning I plugged in and a few minutes later set the smart charging to complete by 7pm today. It did stop the charging after I set the smart charging, so I think the location was set to correct address. BTW the parking is underground with no GPS reception and very weak cell signal reception.
After several hours I forgot to check if the smart charging did started or not, when I got to the car it was not charging, but sleeping.

It could be possible that the car wasn't reachable after it went to sleep, but how can I debug this? Is there any logs that shows only smart charging errors? I checked logcat but it had too recent data and not around time Dashboard for Tesla should have stated the charging at 6:10pm.
Point Blur_Jan122018_221422.jpg

How do I debug smart charging?

Today it didn't seem to work. It didn't started charging.
What I did - in the morning I plugged in and a few minutes later set the smart charging to complete by 7pm today. It did stop the charging after I set the smart charging, so I think the location was set to correct address. BTW the parking is underground with no GPS reception and very weak cell signal reception.
After several hours I forgot to check if the smart charging did started or not, when I got to the car it was not charging, but sleeping.

It could be possible that the car wasn't reachable after it went to sleep, but how can I debug this? Is there any logs that shows only smart charging errors? I checked logcat but it had too recent data and not around time Dashboard for Tesla should have stated the charging at 6:10pm.View attachment 272717
Seems likely that the problem is in the communication to the car. Is there wifi connectivity in the garage? That might be more reliable. Have you tested Smart Charge in other areas with good connectivity?

Also recall that your phone must be powered up for the charging to be controlled. Does anyone power down their phone? I suppose some employers might require it...

FYI: Model 3 has option within the app to open the trunk and frunk. Not sure if it's in the API or if you can extract that information from the Android app.
The developer has been working with the changes to the API for the Model 3. The Tesla app uses it, so it will likely be included in Dashboard for Tesla.

I was wondering how useful this will be? What would be cases where it comes in handy? I can see it being useful if somebody needs to put something into or get something out of the trunk/frunk and you can't go there to open them.

Seems likely that the problem is in the communication to the car. Is there wifi connectivity in the garage? That might be more reliable. Have you tested Smart Charge in other areas with good connectivity?

Also recall that your phone must be powered up for the charging to be controlled. Does anyone power down their phone? I suppose some employers might require it...
Thanks, that may be the reason but I'd like to know whether it really is caused by bad connection or any problems on my phone itself. I kept my phone on and was consistently on LTE network, and disabled battery optimization on Android.