Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Day 1 M3 res holder just ordered MR3. Will Elon’s “6-10 wk delivery” hold true?

Will Elon deliver my new MR 3 by New Years Eve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It took me 2.5 years to finally receive my wife’s permission to officially order the Model 3, and our order was placed last night. I’m an admitted car-aholic who couldn’t really justify another vehicle (I already drive a Volt, my wife an ELR, and I recently sold my S to justify the 3 to my wife). We have 16.1 kW of solar, so we already pay nothing for gas or electricity. What pushed my wife to say YES was the expiring full $7500 federal tax credit, plus Elon’s surprise tweet on the MidRange 3 for $4k less than LR. Our 6-10 weeks for delivery equates to beginning of December vs New Years Eve. Please share your opinion if my sales pitch to my wife will hold true (ie, delivery of my blue with white interior MR3 will reach Westmont, IL, by 12/31/18)? Vote now. Thanks

Clouded, the future is.

Making the car, I'm betting they can beat that estimate blindfolded. But making that date to you in IA depends on how quickly they can resolve the delivery logistic issues that seem to occur when shipping the product outside the factory's radius. Personally I'd give it an 80% chance of making it.

• Funny
Reactions: 2012MS85
Any news OP?
Not a peep from Tesla. I called and they had zilch for me. It appears that signing into my Tesla account hourly does not reduce my wait time for a VIN :(

My desire and order for white interior likely slowed my VIN a skosh (WI terminology), as Tesla’s first batch of MR 3 was black interior. I’m giving myself an 80% chance of a December delivery. Hopefully Tesla runs several batches of white interior 3s in November for East Coast and Midwest shipments. So Maybe 90% probability of Santa Elon delivering my present ;)

Tomorrow my wife, daughter, and I are heading to Chicago for a fun getaway that’ll be highlighted with our Noon appointment for a 3 test drive at Westmont Sales/Service. So hopefully Westmont can give me an inside scoop.…like when I learned of one of the first 3s being flown out of O’Hare (trucked from Fremont) for testing in Europe or elsewhere (maybe cold weather driving in New Zealand?) back in the Spring of 2017 while my S was in for service!

Last edited:
My GF ordered her LR early Sept. and they wanted her to pick it up TWO DAYS later! She actually had to put them off for nearly a month because of vacation and time for arranging financing. I guess what I'm saying is anything could happen!

My GF ordered her LR early Sept. and they wanted her to pick it up TWO DAYS later! She actually had to put them off for nearly a month because of vacation and time for arranging financing. I guess what I'm saying is anything could happen!

Brief hijack - was she successful in putting them off for a month? We put a reservation in Sunday in Boston, assuming earliest delivery would be early December, and have a VIN and delivery for next Wednesday. NOT ideal - we don't have our crap together yet. Any tips appreciated...

(Yes I know - a first world problem - but when moving five-figure sums, too early and too late are both bad!)

Brief hijack - was she successful in putting them off for a month? We put a reservation in Sunday in Boston, assuming earliest delivery would be early December, and have a VIN and delivery for next Wednesday. NOT ideal - we don't have our crap together yet. Any tips appreciated...

(Yes I know - a first world problem - but when moving five-figure sums, too early and too late are both bad!)
Yes, but she had to take a different VIN, so she lost a week when she was actually ready. They won't hold a car for too long if you're not ready.

image.jpg
Another thread mini-hijack. "Skosh" comes from the Japanese sukoshi (SKOH-shee), meaning "a little bit". So not really from WI or the rest of the Midwest.
Point well taken. I guess we Cheeseheads (at least for my first 18 years of life) just spoke a little broken Japanese and didn’t even know we were bilingual at such an early age ;)

I liked the word SKOSH so much I used it in the subtitle to my book...

Last edited: