Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Degradation of the Community...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, my argument was that TMC has been getting better in this regard.

The "12 shorts" was the old situation --- the one that @jeffro01, the OP of this thread, was lamenting was gone and was longing after.
@jeffro01 has publicly said that he needs to improve - and as far as I know (though I may have missed it), he's the only one that's owned up to his part. There has been repeated bashing on him in just this thread alone. Maybe time to give it a rest?

@bonnie - completely fair enough on @jeffro01.

I think it is also important to note that IMO TMC has been getting a lot better in the regard of "short shouting". So I want to be clear I am very happy with this progress and the references to "dozen" short shouts have been references to the past. I think TMC has been doing a superb job recently, both community and staff/volunteers included.

Reactions: bonnie
@jeffro01 has publicly said that he needs to improve - and as far as I know (though I may have missed it), he's the only one that's owned up to his part.

Yes, you missed it:

Can't we all just get along?

I do need to remind myself of that -- as I'm sure many would agree -- and by my presence in the snippiness thread. I've also got a couple of PM's from the mods about my bad behaviour which I deserved. So I'll try to be better.

But that's understandable since you probably think of me as always being cordial (except for when you were a mod and rightly put me in snippiness a few times). ;).

Reactions: OBX John
By dozen you mean 3, right?

Sorry, I'm not meaning to be a jerk but the myth of a dozen short accusations becomes a fact to readers if you say it enough, even though it isn't true. I understand you said it to make a point and I agree with your point. Can you drop the exaggeration?

By a "dozen" I mean a significant number. Definitely more than 3 many, many times on TMC by my experience. I wouldn't be surprised if some threads had even more than 10-12 such reactions.

Just reading the Eds thread, there certainly are more than 3 people totally doubting him very quickly. Many refer to the stock, some just generally shutting the talk down.

Delay in model X launch?

Just to give you some feel (beeeerock is duplicate) - Seeking Alpha/Beta are obvious short references:

You should probably cover your short.

Should prolly just lock this thread before it gets out of hand.

No, because what you're selling is more suited to the bears and shorters on Seeking Alpha than the intelligent people around here... most of whom drive the truth daily.

@Eds, what is your source for the assertions you are posting as fact?
I think you are just making stuff up to stir things up here. You just joined TMC an hour ago...

Obvious shorting here:

1. Joined Today
2. Leading question as first comment
3. Reply copy and pasted from program of choice as a response to the obvious replies

Lame-sauce.

You mean, back to Seeking Alpha. Extend my regards to Anton. :tongue:

Eds,

Just curious... do you HAVE a Model X reservation? It's okay if you're just Seeking Beta.

Strib

Why I do believe the starter of this thread is just making up something to spread FUD:

Interesting business model:

Step 1: Setup supplier agreement with Tesla.
Step 2: Assure Tesla you can deliver on time.
Step 3: Short the Stock.
Step 4: Leak that Tesla suppliers cannot deliver on time.
Step 5: Get supplier booted for violating NDA, causing Tesla to scramble to secure a new supplier.
Step 6: Causes Tesla to not deliver on time, causing stock value to decrease, therefore:
Step 7: Profit!

There is more in that thread, I just don't think gathering much more is useful.

Reactions: mmd
Why has this thread turned into an extended personal attack on the OP and dozens of posts by one poster that try to change the subject away from the original point of this thread?

Hopefully @jeffro1 has thick skin because I do think this is another good example of the unpleasantness that is currently all too common on TMC.

Why has this thread turned into an extended personal attack on the OP and dozens of posts by one poster that try to change the subject away from the original point of this thread?

Hopefully @jeffro1 has thick skin because I do think this is another good example of the unpleasantness that is currently all too common on TMC.

Absolutely no personal attack is meant by myself. We shared a genuine and amicable disagreement with @jeffro01 on the issue you point to at the time (in that thread). He has his genuine opinion on that and I have mine - he misses negative posters getting called out and I don't.

Explaining that difference of opinion and its relevance in this thread is definitely not an attack of any sort. It is demonstration of genuine difference of views on my part and OPs. That difference of views helps explain why we see this issue differently.

Just because I disagree with @jeffro01 on that, and on this thread, does not mean I'd wish to attack him in any way. Why it took an extended exchange is simply because I was trying to find common understanding (not agreement, just understanding) and it took a while...

This all applies to the changes of the community here, so it goes to the disagreement on the topic.

Absolutely no personal attack is meant by myself. We shared a genuine and amicable disagreement with @jeffro01 on the issue you point to at the time (in that thread). He has his genuine opinion on that and I have mine - he misses negative posters getting called out and I don't.

Explaining that difference of opinion and its relevance in this thread is definitely not an attack of any sort. It is demonstration of genuine difference of views on my part and OPs. That difference of views helps explain why we see this issue differently.

Just because I disagree with @jeffro01 on that, and on this thread, does not mean I'd wish to attack him in any way. Why it took an extended exchange is simply because I was trying to find common understanding (not agreement, just understanding) and it took a while...

This all applies to the changes of the community here, so it goes to the disagreement on the topic.

He said nothing of the sort in this thread, as I think you acknowledge. So this is essentially attacking the messenger rather than addressing the topic at hand.

• Helpful
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
He said nothing of the sort in this thread, as I think you acknowledge. So this is essentially attacking the messenger rather than addressing the topic at hand.

No attack was/is meant. But yes, I agree I bought up the stolen seats thread. It seemed relevant and timely - and contained the exchange about the change of atmosphere that seemed relevant too.

I understand you disagree.

I have a solution! The use of emoticons and hyperbolic punctuation, while childish and unprofessional, do wonders for making one seem less angry... for instance, the phrase "suck it!" is much less intimidating if framed by a :eek: or a o_O.

The only obvious exception being a :mad:.

And since half the folks on this forum have some version of Aspergers with 150 IQ's, well, you get my point. Best to put a little extra effort into conveying emotion.

Also, if you have a chance, watch the Louie CK comedy bit on arguing via email, and you'll get my point.

If you all don't agree with me, may I suggest you suck it? :confused:... see? so much better... no degradation of the forum in this way, the whole thread will no longer degrade.... it will implode naturally as it begins to resemble a twitter spat between tweens arguing over who's the dreamiest in the band One Direction.

I will also note that 18 of the last 50 posts in this thread are yours

dozens of posts by one poster

my version of this thread doesn't contain these posts. whoever that is was already in my ignore list. I really recommend that others do the same.

I also agree that merely using the ignore function doesn't solve the problem for new users who don't yet have a well curated ignore list, but it is a partial remedy.

The problem with using the ignore function is you will eventually misunderstand a comment that was a response to an ignored post.

This effect is also seen in one of the great Trolling attacks of all time that has to do with the Delete function. Simple example:

Before -

Tom: "There is a lot to be said for EV adoption."

Dick: "Harry? You are a worthless combination of DNA, and a true wart on the nose of humanity! That being said, I'll like to take a long warm bath with you with some scented candles and do unspeakable things to you."

Harry: "That was a stupid thing to say."

After -

Tom: "There is a lot to be said for EV adoption."
<snip or ignore>
Harry: "That was a stupid thing to say."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Note: When done correctly, you make a person sound like they are arguing with themselves in a drunken fit of rage. That is the supreme goal.

Last edited:
I also find the contrast of my last post and that of @bhzmark underneath it somewhat ironic. :)

I guess love doesn't conquer all. That's the problem often when listening stops and echo chamber kicks in - and people tend to start labelling or fitting others into caricatyres that may not reflect the complex reality.

That's one reason why I tend to be disappointed when people bow out before full understanding is reached. The opportunity to understand is missed.

Last edited:
Hey, my argument was that TMC has been getting better in this regard.

The "12 shorts" was the old situation --- the one that @jeffro01, the OP of this thread, was lamenting was gone and was longing after.

For starters, stop putting words into my mouth... I have been busy with other things and didn't have a chance to stop you the first time but now I hope after something like 7 additional posts accusing me of this perhaps this will be the end of it, no? I was not lamenting, longing, reminiscing with regards to the past, I was making a factual statement about that thread in that situation. You dislike a LOT of my posts for seemingly no reason so I'm not terribly surprised you'd take something and twist it to fit your own agenda.

That specific thread, I'm still surprised how many just took the story at face value making me out to be the jerk, keeping in mind I wasn't alone in this, for simply questioning the story and playing devils advocate role. Pro-Telsa? Sure, but extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and while the claim certainly was extraordinary, the evidence was not... You want to buy it? Fine, no skin off of my back but don't attack me for not agreeing with you...

While some of the personal attacks and such throughout this thread have been amusing, yes some have been down right annoying (see above)... :) Yes, I do find it ironic that my point has been made several different ways by several different posters but here we are on page 14 and still working through it all. I have to admit that I am a bit relieved that some good and open discussion has come out of this thread as I wasn't sure if I was going to be hit with a flamethrower or get a more reasonable reaction... :)

@jeffro01 has publicly said that he needs to improve - and as far as I know (though I may have missed it), he's the only one that's owned up to his part. There has been repeated bashing on him in just this thread alone. Maybe time to give it a rest?

Absolutely, I have many things I can and continue to improve upon. As I've said in other threads I have a posting style that doesn't always lend itself well and there are ample opportunities for me to get better at that and hopefully I am... I think it's worth mentioning, again, that I will admit when I'm wrong and have done so many times here on many different issues... I believe very much in personal reflection and always trying to be a better person, trying to learn from all opportunities life throws at you...

Jeff