Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delayed Boop

ohmman

Plaid-ish Moderator
Feb 13, 2014
North Bay, CA
Anyone else have a delayed alert when closing the liftgate on the X? When I tap the button, the liftgate begins to close, then about halfway down I get the "boop." Hence, delayed boop.

It isn't a big deal from a safety perspective, it's just weird.

mongo

May 3, 2017
Michigan
Anyone else have a delayed alert when closing the liftgate on the X? When I tap the button, the liftgate begins to close, then about halfway down I get the "boop." Hence, delayed boop.

How long was the liftgate open for? I've had that issue when our non Tesla is asleep and needs to wake up and get the audio system active to make the door lock noise.

Mark Z

Mar 12, 2013
North Orange County
Long ago I had a beep delay during the hatch closing, but it wasn't halfway. Try powering down the vehicle and/or screen resets to hear if any of those techniques may eliminate the delay.

Stasla

Mar 30, 2016
New York

Mine's similar

waterloo42

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2017
Waterloo

Yup, same thing though not every time. It seemed to have started a couple of releases ago? I don't remember the delay when we first picked it up (May 2017).

Reactions: FarmerDave

Gwgan

Almost a wagon
Aug 11, 2013
Maine
Yup. Figured it was a software thing since it changed with an update; hope it changes back someday.

vandacca

ReActive Member
Oct 13, 2014
Hamilton
My delay is not consistent. Sometimes it's a second and sometimes it's 1/10th of a second. It sounds like a software issue and I did report this to Tesla. For safety reasons, I feel that the 'boop' should be sounded before the trunk starts closing, just to give you the maximum amount of time to get out of the way (if you accidently click the fob). Makes no sense to make a noise after it starts closing.

TechVP

Active Poster
Nov 12, 2016
Corvallis, OR
Same Here on the liftgate... its like a CPU unit has to be awoke from sleep to Bloop.
S. Jobs would have never stood for this. He would have ranted in circles over this stuff.
-TechVP

• Funny
Reactions: Rossy

Joel

Mar 24, 2011
Michigan

Yes. I, too, have the delay.

vandacca

ReActive Member
Oct 13, 2014
Hamilton
The last few days, my hatch closes to about half-way before I hear the 'boop'. I may try resetting the main console to see if that helps.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC