Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the sound of it, seems all was good with the transmission you got, except the one month wait time (if they gave you a similar loaner for that time you would have been good?)?
Yea, the refurbished transmission ended up being fine and never leaked or broke in the 50K miles before I sold it but the experience of buying a new car and having a problem with a significant component replaced with a refurbished part before the new car smell was gone was not enjoyable. If they said they will replace with a new transmission, it would have felt better. When I was told the transmission would be a refurbished one, I asked will it be a fairly low miles one or one that had a lot of miles and had to be gone through a lot, I was told they don't know and it is whatever they receive.

Yea, the refurbished transmission ended up being fine and never leaked or broke in the 50K miles before I sold it but the experience of buying a new car and having a problem with a significant component replaced with a refurbished part before the new car smell was gone was not enjoyable. If they said they will replace with a new transmission, it would have felt better. When I was told the transmission would be a refurbished one, I asked will it be a fairly low miles one or one that had a lot of miles and had to be gone through a lot, I was told they don't know and it is whatever they receive.

In my previous car I blew (well... wore out) my own DSG transmission and it never felt the same after that, but I guess the more moving parts and power you have it's to be expected.

Reactions: Kairide
Not gunna happen... Last year (2023) was the year for S/X price drops.

What more are you expecting after a $30-40k reduction?

Free colors late last year, you missed it. Extra $1k Tesla Loyalty offer still on the table for some if you're a CT res. holder.

ON and OFF FSD and Unlimited Supercharging transfers as well... best it's gunna get.
Well that didn’t take long for this to age well 😝

Where?

And what is/was it for 60 months?
Mine was 72-months, there was a floor rate of 3.99% so no better for 60mo.

That rate is long gone now with Fed Choice... they would take a full 1% off the listed rate for new member loans.

Not sure that's still active or not, but maybe possible to get in the 5.5-5.6% range currently still.

Attachments

• FC Discount1.jpg
    FC Discount1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 7
anyone have experience with pushing back delivery a couple weeks? looking forward to early June, but currently builds estimates show April/May still. wondering if i should just wait out a couple weeks before ordering to get a delivery date in June

anyone have experience with pushing back delivery a couple weeks? looking forward to early June, but currently builds estimates show April/May still. wondering if i should just wait out a couple weeks before ordering to get a delivery date in June
At this point you'll get a VIN assigned within a day and production out of factory within a week so just wait to order.

Reactions: otfb
One call and you think they are desperate? Freaking Hyundai has me on some automated AI text messenger that has hit me 42 times just because I called them about a car, they had none in stock at the lease deal I wanted $249 down and $249 a month for a IONIQ 6.... I can't get the damn thing to stop spam bombing me. They hit me like 4 times a day... Hi this is Samantha with Hyundai..... blah blah blah... we got a LRY for a steal instead...

• Informative
Reactions: Tiger
You have to wait. At this point you will be forced to get delivery within 2-3 weeks or lose $250.

They have lots of inventory, so assignment of VIN would be immediately.

Reactions: otfb