Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a schedule delivery notification today. Original ETA was 10/3-10/9 in NJ. Signed in the account to schedule and the only date available is 9/30… last day of September. No other day offered. I don’t mind bc the timing works out as long as my Y is sold this week, and my loan is approved…. but c’mon give me some options. I don’t care about your quarterly sales figures. What if there is a hiccup somewhere???
So I sent a text message back to Tesla asking what happens if I can't have my loan done by Saturday 9/30 and they told me if I can't pick up my car on saturday then they will reassign it to someone else. An hour later they sent another text saying if I don't schedule my appointment by 4pm tomorrow they will release it to someone else, and put my order on hold and possibly cancel my order. These guys are just begging me to leave Tesla. 🖕

So I sent a text message back to Tesla asking what happens if I can't have my loan done by Saturday 9/30 and they told me if I can't pick up my car on saturday then they will reassign it to someone else. An hour later they sent another text saying if I don't schedule my appointment by 4pm tomorrow they will release it to someone else, and put my order on hold and possibly cancel my order. These guys are just begging me to leave Tesla. 🖕
That's lame. Such a "my way or the highway" mentality at Tesla. Very little flexibility.

Reactions: Gpa9504
That's lame. Such a "my way or the highway" mentality at Tesla. Very little flexibility.
Unfortunately that’s how they do things. Many people are surprised to get this kind of treatment for buying $80k car. But they don’t care whether it’s a $40k car or a $140k car. If you are not ready at the time they want to deliver the car, it goes to the next person. For years, people said that this will eventually catch up with them. But so far, it has not. And with 2 million CT reservations, it will be a very very long time before they change this practice if ever.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
Unfortunately that’s how they do things. Many people are surprised to get this kind of treatment for buying $80k car. But they don’t care whether it’s a $40k car or a $140k car. If you are not ready at the time they want to deliver the car, it goes to the next person. For years, people said that this will eventually catch up with them. But so far, it has not. And with 2 million CT reservations, it will be a very very long time before they change this practice if ever.
Exactly! “You snooze you loose”. People are not helping by keeping the demand so high for these cars. Tesla knows this and will not care if someone chooses to cancel since there are hundreds inline behind them willing to fill the order. It’s terrible but can you blame them? I wonder if there is more flexibility during early to mid year for extended deliveries. Seems like end of year things get brutal to get cars off the lots.

Its just ridiculous that they tell me for a couple of weeks that its coming 10/3-10/9, then when it comes early, I have to pick it up on one specific day or too bad, I have to get in the back of the line. When I got my Y, I had 3 days to pick from... but since this happens to be the end of the quarter, my schedule takes a backseat to their sales numbers.

I won't be a bit surprised if I get a text on Friday that my car isn't there yet. F them.

Its just ridiculous that they tell me for a couple of weeks that its coming 10/3-10/9, then when it comes early, I have to pick it up on one specific day or too bad, I have to get in the back of the line. When I got my Y, I had 3 days to pick from... but since this happens to be the end of the quarter, my schedule takes a backseat to their sales numbers.

I won't be a bit surprised if I get a text on Friday that my car isn't there yet. F them.
Yea that’s just BS, why give a date range if it’s going to change? On the bright side, if you end up not getting it, you can expect a 2024 model if reordered😎😎

Can you setup delivery and reject the car? You'll have to wait for another one to come, but at least your order won't be canceled.

Order Date: Sept 2
EDD: Oct 4 - Nov 8
Build: X Plaid

Pearl White
20" Wheels
Six Seats
Tow Package
Cream Interior with Carbon Fiber Decor
Yoke Steering

Anyone took delivery of a non-inventory plaid yet?
FSD transfer from my 2018 model 3.
They know my delivery is later than Oct 4 but they didn’t cancel my transfer. I hope that’s not an oversight and that it means they’d still go through the transfer even if it’s after Sept 30.