Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found an inventory 7 seater in Riverside and contacted Tesla to assign that X to me instead of waiting for the 5 seater I ordered on 9/1. Aside from the number of seats, the specs are the same as my original order (white exterior/black interior/20" wheels/steering wheel). I read on these forums that the rear seat cooling is better on the 6 and 7 seat configurations due to a larger AC compressor and additional fan so that swayed me a bit to the 7 seat configuration. I am waiting for Tesla to assign me a delivery date.
I saw that one congrats! I have the tax credit build, was told by a Tesla rep AC is the same on all configurations now. Pre refresh the 5 seater had a less inferior system. But we all know how much Tesla employees actually know. I’d grab the 7 seater if it wasn’t essentially $9500 more.

Owners DL. For ex: If i am in PA and find a vehicle in DE, i will be taxed as per PA as that's the state of my residence Otherwise everyone will buy from DE which is tax free :)
That is only the case for states with agreements. For example, if you were to buy, and pickup, a vehicle in California you are required to pay the California state sales tax. (It is possible that that tax payment could be applied to your home sales tax in PA if reciprocal agreements are in place. But for residents of states like DE, OR, and NJ where there is no sales tax on EVs you would be screwed.)

9/1 ordered —delivery September-October
9/3 delivery date changed October-November
9/13? delivery date changed September 23 -Oct 25
9/20 Vin!!!
Delivery October 4-11 (boo)

Ultra Red, tax credit build.
+ FSD (fingers crossed for early delivery or deadline extension)
Picking up in NJ
My order is 6 days after you, same build. Still showing October 21-Dec 2 delivery (I am in NJ). Hopefully it will change soon.

Reactions: Jewel
Why has Tesla discounted the prices of its vehicles significantly where as other manufacturers like BMW, Mercedes etc. haven't followed suit ? Is it because of the perennial build quality issues and assuming Tesla prices were highly inflated in the past ?

Why has Tesla discounted the prices of its vehicles significantly where as other manufacturers like BMW, Mercedes etc. haven't followed suit ? Is it because of the perennial build quality issues and assuming Tesla prices were highly inflated in the past ?
BMW and Mercedes aren’t the type of brands to do large widespread discounts in general. Tesla is still a small peanut to those two in terms of people cross-shopping luxury cars based on #s of their S/X deliveries each year.

Isn't Tesla building new vehicles based on the order volume ? If Tesla had existing inventory why are the delivery dates months away from the order date ? I have an ultra-red MXP on order but hearing stories about Tesla build and quality makes me overthink about my decision.

If you look at leasehackr, Mercedes is discounting their EQS SUV by 15.5% off MSRP plus $7500 off federal tax credit for leases. On a $130k plus vehicle, that’s pretty significant.

BMW is offering 10-12% off their BMW iX and adding on that $7500 tax credit for leases as well. Their leases are actually lower than that of Tesla Model X.

BMW and Mercedes aren’t the type of brands to do large widespread discounts in general. Tesla is still a small peanut to those two in terms of people cross-shopping luxury cars based on #s of their S/X deliveries each year.
Another issue with legacies, is for the most part, Tesla, as a manufacturer, ”owns“ the vehicle until you pay for it. Therefore, if they need to discount something, they can do it on the fly, and call it a day even if the inventory car that has an MSRP of $99k on that sticker, now actually has an MSRP of $79k.

Dealers, pretty much own their inventory. So, after the dealer buys that car from the OEM, unless the OEM offers any rebates, assistance programs etc,, any discounts are pretty much on the dealer to eat.

9/1 ordered delivery September-October
9/3 delivery date changed October-November
9/7 delivery date changed back to September -Oct
9/19 Vin assigned delivery date September 21-28
Tax credit spec white
Just got another update today. 9/20 schedule for delivery. I've scheduled it for Friday. 9/22. Can't wait for my Poverty Edition MX.

Ooo a new update

MYP Ultra Red w/White and Yoke, 20" Massachusetts FSD Transfer (ha ha ha)

Order: 9/3
EDD 1: Sep/Oct
EDD2: Oct/Nov
EDD3: October 30 - December 25
EDD4 (today): October 19 - November 30

So wondering if they spun up another shift or if someone in front of me backed out. Are there really not that many Plaids on order?

Hoping it keeps moving up to make the 9/30 deadline but I don't see how they physically get a car across the country so I'll just keep playing the how will Tesla screw me today game!