Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I sent a text message back to Tesla asking what happens if I can't have my loan done by Saturday 9/30 and they told me if I can't pick up my car on saturday then they will reassign it to someone else. An hour later they sent another text saying if I don't schedule my appointment by 4pm tomorrow they will release it to someone else, and put my order on hold and possibly cancel my order. These guys are just begging me to leave Tesla. 🖕
They can put your order on hold for max 14 days. If your loan goes through before then, you click a button on the app that says you’re ready to take delivery, then you go back in queue, though you loose that VIN number.

FSD transfer from my 2018 model 3.
They know my delivery is later than Oct 4 but they didn’t cancel my transfer. I hope that’s not an oversight and that it means they’d still go through the transfer even if it’s after Sept 30.
I don’t expect the app to change until after 9/30, regardless of the current EDD being after 9/30.

But I’m hoping as well. 🤞

Reactions: react
Just canceled my order and hope someone here will benefit from this with a earlier delivery date. I don't feel like it will make it on time for FSD transfer and SA hasn't been really nice when I just simply ask question. Not saying it's their fault that im not able get my FSD transfer, but feel like they have been slam with similar messages from all other ppl and probably tired of giving a nice reply now. hah

Just canceled my order and hope someone here will benefit from this with a earlier delivery date. I don't feel like it will make it on time for FSD transfer and SA hasn't been really nice when I just simply ask question. Not saying it's their fault that im not able get my FSD transfer, but feel like they have been slam with similar messages from all other ppl and probably tired of giving a nice reply now. hah
You should have waited. Who knows if they won't change policy to "as long as you ordered before 9/30 we'll honor the fsd transfer". Give it time. You can always refuse delivery if policy doesn't change by your delivery date.

Model X, Ultra Red
Ordered 9/1
EDD 1: Sep - Oct
EDD 2: Oct - Nov
EDD 3 Oct 5 - Nov 15

FSD transfer from Model S with trade in. Trade in offer includes FSD transfer (which I have been told by my SA greatly affects offer price). So if they don’t deliver by end of month wonder if trade in offer changes to include FSD. Maybe that’s how they will get around the transfer window?
Just received VIN and new EDD: Oct 10 - Oct 23. Guess I will find out soon about what happens with FSD transfer after 9/30. Keep you updated as I work with SA.