Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on the MVPA of my failed delivery attempt back on 9/11, the tax, registration, and license fee was accurate to my estimate using the DMV calculator for a vehicle purchase price of $89,990 for MXP with no additional upgrades.

Sales tax: $7,023.83 (7.75% for my area, based on total vehicle price of $90,630.00 which includes destination fee and referral credit)
Registration/Transfer/Titling fees: $315.00
License fee: $588.00

The numbers from these were all calculated in the Final Price Sheet for my payment for delivery. So looks to me to be accurate to the current MSRP pricing from the price change.
Annual DMV fees are based on the original registration…and just trickle lower each year from that original amount.

Based on the MVPA of my failed delivery attempt back on 9/11, the tax, registration, and license fee was accurate to my estimate using the DMV calculator for a vehicle purchase price of $89,990 for MXP with no additional upgrades.

Sales tax: $7,023.83 (7.75% for my area, based on total vehicle price of $90,630.00 which includes destination fee and referral credit)
Registration/Transfer/Titling fees: $315.00
License fee: $588.00

The numbers from these were all calculated in the Final Price Sheet for my payment for delivery. So looks to me to be accurate to the current MSRP pricing from the price change.
Thanks for the data point. That sounds promising that CA DMV has updated.

Looks like we'll be there the 7th as well!
That AWESOME! Our timeslot is 10;30am. Once I pick it up, I'm heading straight to the PPF installer to get the full frontal PPF done along with driver and passenger windows tinted and the windshield tinted. So far "Paint Protection Dallas" located in Northlake has the best deals I feel. I'm paying $2700 out the door for all 3 services. Suntek Reaction PPF = 1900, Side 2 window Xpel XR black ceramic tint = 150, windshield tint = 650. Taxes included. Reach out to Ryan 817-714-9067. Awesome guy and will answer a million questions! Their address: 4451 Dale Earnhardt Blvd Suite C42, Northlake, TX 76262.

Late post but I was able to pick mine up on 9/22. Super easy pickup process at the Scottsdale Raintree service center, arrived early and they were able to accommodate me.

Fit and finish was near flawless. There were slight gaps but I didn't care much about them, everything else looked great. One issue that I am having is the passenger side FWD will not close and give me an error 85% of the time unless I gently push the door into alignment while it is closing. I have a service appointment setup for them to look at.

Also I've noticed that if I have FSD enabled (but not activated) and the visualizations are on the dash, music seems to cut out and lose stereo/bass sound for a few seconds, and frequently happens throughout a drive unless I turn FSD/Autosteer option off in the settings. Even after a reboot it does the same.

Dropped tint, ordered floor mats, and did the screen protectors and I'm set.

9.9/10

IMG_5062.jpg

Late post but I was able to pick mine up on 9/22. Super easy pickup process at the Scottsdale Raintree service center, arrived early and they were able to accommodate me.

Fit and finish was near flawless. There were slight gaps but I didn't care much about them, everything else looked great. One issue that I am having is the passenger side FWD will not close and give me an error 85% of the time unless I gently push the door into alignment while it is closing. I have a service appointment setup for them to look at.

Also I've noticed that if I have FSD enabled (but not activated) and the visualizations are on the dash, music seems to cut out and lose stereo/bass sound for a few seconds, and frequently happens throughout a drive unless I turn FSD/Autosteer option off in the settings. Even after a reboot it does the same.

Dropped tint, ordered floor mats, and did the screen protectors and I'm set.

9.9/10

View attachment 979276
Looks sick. I think you got the fastest process, only 16 days from OD to DD. Congrats.

Reactions: iamcaseyf
Looks sick. I think you got the fastest process, only 16 days from OD to DD. Congrats.
Yeah I think I got lucky, I had originally selected a service center near me to deliver but changed it to Raintree (AZ) since we’d have plans out there and the very next day I got a VIN so someone must’ve backed out. Otherwise I would be waiting with everyone else still since I ordered 9/6

Yeah I think I got lucky, I had originally selected a service center near me to deliver but changed it to Raintree (AZ) since we’d have plans out there and the very next day I got a VIN so someone must’ve backed out. Otherwise I would be waiting with everyone else still since I ordered 9/6
Lucky you. I didn't know you can select your delivery location? My OD is 9/11 (tax incentive version) in SoCal, my last EDD update is Oct. 30-Dec 11, still waiting for VIN assigned. They assigned me the Tesla location in Bakersfield (2 hrs drive), I asked them to change it to Buena location (2.5 hrs drive but someone can drop me off there and it's easier for me) and they refused it.

Has anyone been able to get the FSD transfer since October started? My car is ready for pickup and my Tesla advisors aren’t responding (of course) to my question about FSD. Their reluctance to answer makes me feel like this whole “extension” isn’t actually happening.

Has anyone been able to get the FSD transfer since October started? My car is ready for pickup and my Tesla advisors aren’t responding (of course) to my question about FSD. Their reluctance to answer makes me feel like this whole “extension” isn’t actually happening.
There's one user Barnaby that reported that they were given FSD transfer papers to sign with post 9/30 delivery

Reactions: woolfe

I contacted the text message SAs today, to confirm that I would still get FSD transfer (since it's no longer in the app) and see if there was a form to fill out (as Barnaby said). Their response was, "FSD is set to transfer over to your new vehicle."

So still good to go at this point I guess.

I applied for and was approved for financing. But what if I want to put down more? can I still do that?
6.5% means I should probably put down more if I can...
thanks.
Typically the approval is for a loan amount up to $X. That's just the upper limit that you're approved for the purchase, but you don't have to go with it. You can still choose to ultimately borrow less than $X by putting down a larger downpayment. Tesla will just adjust the amount to be financed accordingly, and the bank will pay that lower balance.

• Informative
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
If its not too intrusive how much are you puttint down or financing
don't know yet. Kicking around between 5-15k.
Also depends on what the trade/sale price of my current car is.

The car is $80k + $1400 destination fee, plus PA 6% tax.

with car loans prior, at 2-3%, I would put nothing down and drag it out so I could use the 'remaining' funds to invest.

with the loan at 6.49%, I'm thinking I'll get a good ROI just by paying more "cash" for the car...

I'm active in stocks, and very bullish on RIVN right now, but also don't want to YOLO it. (already have a few shares of TSLA).

My credit union has a way to get a few grand cash at 2.9% for up to 2 years if you do it right, and pseduo-indefinitely if you do it even more right. But I'm already mostly maxed on that as I use it to buy even more stocks lol. If I use chase, to pay that down, I can get another few grand at 3% for 12 months. so... maybe take 10k at 3%, use that for downpayment, or buy more stock lol.

If anyone can find a way to get more $ into Roth, I'm all ears. I'm even thinking of a part time job solely so I can get a 401k, and put 100% from that job into that, then after a few years, quit, roll to IRA, then convert to Roth. (already max 457). (taking a year off maxing that though, as my own investing outpaced my company's ROI by... a ... lot) gonna do me for a year or two and see what happens.

But I think we are getting rather off topic.

TL/DR, it's complicated. when it was below 4%, you put as little down as you can.