Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN Received! (9/20) 416xxx
New EDD: Oct 4-11 (hoping for 30 September somehow to get FSD transfer.
Took delivery today, FSD transfer is complete! I love it when a plan comes together.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231007_142712_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231007_142712_Gallery.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 86
I was still able to take delivery today. Computer replacement was a small job and took only 30 mins lol compared to the 2-3 weeks I was told earlier haha. The computer was under the passenger floor board where the feet rests so nothing needed to be dismantled thankfully, only floor board needed to be pulled slightly. The car was flawless to say the least aside from the horn issue.
beautiful I can't wait!

• Love
Reactions: SunnySideUp
Yeah, it's fine. This is our fourth Tesla. Got really wrapped around the axle with the checklist for the Model 3 so long ago. Much less fussy about panel gaps now. (Since I never cared about them before people told me I should)
The panel gap thing has always cracked me up. I got my Model Y and looked for them. Never in my life of owning a dozen cars ever thought to look. Saw some of the gaps people talk about. Went home to my Honda, Lexus, Mercedes, some of the supposed best in assembly, and found some worse than the Tesla, but none bad enough to care.

Then I remembered I’m not a sheep.

The panel gap thing has always cracked me up. I got my Model Y and looked for them. Never in my life of owning a dozen cars ever thought to look. Saw some of the gaps people talk about. Went home to my Honda, Lexus, Mercedes, some of the supposed best in assembly, and found some worse than the Tesla, but none bad enough to care.

^ this. It never occurred to me to look either until I read forums when buying my early model 3 when they first came out. Then I checked out my BMW X5 and it was way worse than my Tesla M3.

lmfao, same here.... looked at my parents Audi and BMW and they had some crazy panel gaps 😆

lmfao, same here.... looked at my parents Audi and BMW and they had some crazy panel gaps 😆

Ehh either way, doesn’t excuse any manufacturer to have said panel gaps. Panel gaps are really my smallest worry, unless it interferes with door closing or causing more damage. I’m only really worried about noises while driving. There’s lots of wind noise reported in the Tesla and it exists in my dad’s Model Y compared to other car manufacturers with similar price points.

When I test drove the model X, I heard so many seat squeaks and creaks that aren’t present in my MDX or Jeep GC 4xe. I’m hoping my Model X won’t have these issues. There is a huge thread regarding interior noises of the Model X on here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carlitos
Ehh either way, doesn’t excuse any manufacturer to have said panel gaps. Panel gaps are really my smallest worry, unless it interferes with door closing or causing more damage. I’m only really worried about noises while driving. There’s lots of wind noise reported in the Tesla and it exists in my dad’s Model Y compared to other car manufacturers with similar price points.

When I test drove the model X, I heard so many seat squeaks and creaks that aren’t present in my MDX or Jeep GC 4xe. I’m hoping my Model X won’t have these issues. There is a huge thread regarding interior noises of the Model X on here.
All my Teslas had squeaks and rattles, including my 2022 MXLR. I brought them to service center and they adjusted or fixed them to the point where it didn’t not bother me anymore. There were still a little bit at the end. But if I could tolerate it, I let it be

Reactions: Carlitos