Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long after receiving the VIN is the paperwork needed for bank loan made available? I'm getting prompted for final payment but have not received anything yet to send to the CU.

Have you logged into your Tesla account web portal (not the mobile app)? Usually the MVPA document is available there in the Documents section. No one at Tesla will notify you that it's now available on the website.

Ultra Red Model X
Order Date 9/2, FSD Transfer requested, VIN assigned date 9/27, Picked up today - 10/10/2023 (FSD got transferred smoothly. Please call Tesla 2 days in advance and sign the FSD transfer agreement. This way the FSD gets transferred smoothly)
EDD September-Oct
EDD2 Oct - Nov
EDD3 October 3-November 10
EDD4 October 11-October 18

Ultra Red Model X
Order Date 9/2, FSD Transfer requested, VIN assigned date 9/27, Picked up today - 10/10/2023 (FSD got transferred smoothly. Please call Tesla 2 days in advance and sign the FSD transfer agreement. This way the FSD gets transferred smoothly)
EDD September-Oct
EDD2 Oct - Nov
Pics! Love seeing new Tesla's on the road

Reactions: Ethan Ryczek

Attachments

• 20231010_095442.jpg
    20231010_095442.jpg
    569.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 20231010_095452.jpg
    20231010_095452.jpg
    552.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 20231010_100223.jpg
    20231010_100223.jpg
    699.4 KB · Views: 72
FSD got transferred smoothly. Please call Tesla 2 days in advance and sign the FSD transfer agreement. This way the FSD gets transferred smoothly
When I text the 510 number about this for an updated FSD transfer agreement to sign (since the previous one I signed back in Sept is not valid anymore since I rejected that VIN), they told me that it's already accepted at time of order. Which doesn't make sense to me. I think I need to contact the delivery center about this again since my delivery is 2 days out now.

Blue poverty edition
9/1 reservation
Delivered yesterday in Norfolk
No issues with car all gaps looked fine
Surprised how quite the cabin is compared to my 21 M3
FSD transfer successful no paperwork needed
@Wawawang
That's great to hear and congrats on delivery & transfer. When you placed order on 9/1, what documentation did you receive confirming you qualified for FSD TRANSFER?

My order was 9/30 but nothing on my documentation specifies my FSD transfer

@Wawawang
That's great to hear and congrats on delivery & transfer. When you placed order on 9/1, what documentation did you receive confirming you qualified for FSD TRANSFER?

My order was 9/30 but nothing on my documentation specifies my FSD transfer
When you placed your order on 9/30, did you use the same email account as your current vehicle that has the FSD? If so, when you went into the Tesla app for your order, you should have been able to start the order delivery tasks process where in step 2 you specific your intention to do a trade-in AND/OR FSD transfer with a current vehicle on your account. The step 2 showing the FSD transfer request/intention no longer shows in the app, but it should still be documented on your pending order. You should be able to confirm with Tesla by texting their 510 number or contacting your local SA.

IMG_2461_PNG.jpg

When you placed your order on 9/30, did you use the same email account as your current vehicle that has the FSD? If so, when you went into the Tesla app for your order, you should have been able to start the order delivery tasks process where in step 2 you specific your intention to do a trade-in AND/OR FSD transfer with a current vehicle on your account. The step 2 showing the FSD transfer request/intention no longer shows in the app, but it should still be documented on your pending order. You should be able to confirm with Tesla by texting their 510 number or contacting your local SA.

View attachment 981169
@awd_rails
Thanks for your quick response. My SA walked me through the registration process on the 30th and I'm almost certain the above screen showed as above.

As you said, the above Screen no longer appears on my Registration page, only that I am trading in my 2016 MX. However my SA assured me in a subsequent email that the FSD transfer was approved.

I guess I'll have to settle for that, but I'd rather see something "official", in writing.

@awd_rails
Thanks for your quick response. My SA walked me through the registration process on the 30th and I'm almost certain the above screen showed as above.

As you said, the above Screen no longer appears on my Registration page, only that I am trading in my 2016 MX. However my SA assured me in a subsequent email that the FSD transfer was approved.

I guess I'll have to settle for that, but I'd rather see something "official", in writing.
Yeah, same here. I had to settle for a confirmation text message confirming that my FSD transfer is still valid. Also why I called to inquire about the FSD Transfer Agreement to sign showing my FSD transfer between the 2 vehicle VINs as something official in writing, but it seems like they're not requiring to do that, at least at my local delivery center.

Picking up this Thursday, so expecting it to be so 😬 🤞

Reactions: bmer1rick
Ultra Red Model X
EDD September-Oct
EDD2 Oct - Nov
Looks great. I keep flip flopping between black and white interior. Love the red on black look but I’m also in CA where it gets pretty hot in the summer so white seats would help. Have an MYLR with white interior now and don’t know if I want to deal with the upkeep.

Of course I don’t have a source. We know that Tesla is starting Highland deliveries in October, and we know that Tesla starts model year upgrades in October/November (which, by the way, is another concession and change, Tesla used to roll model years over during the start of the calendar year, but promptly swapped this to the traditional auto manufacturer model after realizing people didn’t want to buy a 2023 model year in December of 2023 when other manufacturers have been making 2024s for 2-3 months). There is also no source confirming that Highland WON’T be a 2024 model year.

It’s logical to assume that Highland deliveries will be tied to 2024 VINs. If you look at the data, there’s more data supporting refreshes being tied to model years than data supporting the counter.
And it appears that you are wrong. First Highland Model 3 variant registered and it is a 2023 VIN:

And if I recall correctly, the Model S Palladium refresh happened mid-2021 model year. So, the two most recent major changes/refreshes did not come with a model year change.

I'm not sure that there is any data lining up major changes with model years.

Reactions: gsxdsm
And if I recall correctly, the Model S Palladium refresh happened mid-2021 model year.
You recall correctly. There were a small number of 2021 cars that were pre-refresh. Same with the Raven update in mid-year 2019.

Highland is a very major overhaul, but I would guess it'll be treated exactly the same as all previous updates and refreshes. That is to say they basically treat it like it never happened.

Anyone ever used: How Does KeySavvy Work?

I'm trying to sell my X. (more $ than trade in). I'll be using sneaker net for a while I guess if the sale pans out...

I have a loan, and my gawd what a hassle selling a car w/a loan is. This site seems to make it easier
Very cool! 👍

I was resigned to using the typical CarMax, CarFax, online buyer sites since Tesla's trade-in pricing sucks, but this might be worthwhile for a few extra thousand. I hear FB Marketplace works well for many and this helps weed out the scammers.