Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my Ultra Red Plaid [2023] VIN last week for a Dallas delivery.
EDD: 10/18-10/25

I'll likely end up cancelling the order as I closed on a Q8 etron lease last week. Not sure the X is worth double the payment. Will probably be better off waiting another year for larger 3 row products to come out.

I assume they are around the same price, how did the payment get down to half —just extra lease incentives from Audi? Might need to take a look while I’m idly waiting VIN assignment 😂

Were you shopping any alternatives? I see various ads for $799/mo BMW iX

I assume they are around the same price, how did the payment get down to half —just extra lease incentives from Audi? Might need to take a look while I’m idly waiting VIN assignment 😂

I’m interested to see how they got the price down as well but will say that through 10/31, Costco and Audi have a purchase/lease special that stacks on other incentives. Additional $1 - $5k off depending on model.

I can't find a ton of info, but it looks like the 2024 Q8 E-tron lease payment is $962/mon with $2k due at signing (probably doesn't include all fees) for 36 mon @ 12k mi/yr. Assuming you buy poverty spec MX, the out the door price (assuming MD sales tax of 6% and $7500 credit) is $77,194. Putting the same $2k down and going with a 60 month loan at 5.04% APR (Navy Fed CU) would give you a payment of $1420 a month for the MX, and you'd owe $32.3k on the loan at the end of 3 years.

Given that you're paying an additional $458/month with the MX loan, you've sunk an additional $16.5k into the purchase over the same 3 years compared to the lease, leaving you with an apples-to-apples balance on the MX of $48.8k. As long as you can sell it after 3 years for more than that (which shouldn't be difficult given it'd still be under warranty and have <36k miles), you're coming out ahead of the Q8 lease in every way other than time value of money. A loan also gives you much more freedom if you decide you need to move on. I've read about similar deals with BMW and Lucid, offering $799/mo leases, but those are typically with much more money down, so overall I think the equation would be about the same.

It's comparisons like the above that have always steered me away from leases, even when the deals do seem very tempting.

I added my X for sale to a few more websites while I wait...
I've become more clever when responding to people who claim to offer $30k on a $46k ad...
Sadly I didn't screenshot this one, but I'll get them next time!
$46k is the least expensive 2019 X on cars.com. so I don't think I'm massively off here on asking price.

I hate people so much. Like literally just. so. much.

anyone else trying to sell a car before delivery?

I've become more clever when responding to people who claim to offer $30k on a $46k ad...
$46k is the least expensive 2019 X on cars.com. so I don't think I'm massively off here on asking price.

Good luck, the market is absolutely brutal for used EVs right now. I sold my Kia EV6 before I ordered the X, it took me a month and I could barely give it away and at a significantly discounted price from what I paid a year ago.

Tesla is probably easier to sell used though if I had to guess.

• Informative
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl

I totally understand what you mean. Same here, I posted my car for sale on local FB marketplace, 2020 Lincoln MKZ hybrid for $26K (which is under KBB), then I got all kind of texts and questions that wasted a lot of my time, then some of them offered me $15K or something around that number. I ended up sold it to Carvana for $23.5K. Now I am waiting to pick up my Ultra Red MXLR. OD 9/11 and latest EDD 10/30- 12/11. Luckily I still have 2019 Lexus GX while I am waiting.

Yeah, 2023 VIN

I can't sell mine BEFORE delivery if I want to transfer FSD, which I absolutely want to transfer.

I've been testing the water on Craigslist list. If I get a legit offer, instead of scammers, I'll try getting them to wait until I take delivery & transfer my 2016 FSD to new MXLR.

Curious to see how feasible that will be.

Don’t sell it to them, sell it to a fellow teslamotorsclub friend!

I’ll offer tree fitty!

• Funny
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
I've been pushing off the trade in thing in the app (finally did it), and making my 'final payment' because the EDD is so far off (60 days).

I still have no VIN. Does offering them money increase my chances of getting a VIN?

81 days until 12/31/23. then tax credit goes... POOF. Or stays the same, or changes!

something might go down sometime, somewhere, somehow. SO LOOK SHARP.

Good luck, the market is absolutely brutal for used EVs right now. I sold my Kia EV6 before I ordered the X, it took me a month and I could barely give it away and at a significantly discounted price from what I paid a year ago.

Tesla is probably easier to sell used though if I had to guess.
I just sold my 2014 Model S today (P85). 174,030 miles on it. Within 16 hours of the listing on Facebook marketplace, I had more than 300 responses and multiple offers over my asking price. Sold it for $4550 more than dealers were offering and at the high end of KBB private party sale value.

Selling felt extremely easy to me. Too easy. I probably should’ve jacked the price up even more.