Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Obviously you don’t want to kill the guy. But if you drive it and still alive, I think it’s safe enough for him to drive, right?
Also don't want Tesla to be like... uhh, gonna give you less in trade in b/c of your brakes situation. Also, don't want the guy driving my car before me. Petty I know, but I want to put the first miles after their own internal test miles, not the delivery guy.

Which state are you located in? You ordered 2 days before me, but your EDD is about a week behind mine.

Tesla is alternating between building Plaid versions and LR versions, that's why it changes. They're doing the LR now based on NJTurtlePower's post. It was quite common for those who ordered the Plaid to have delays in their order than the LR.

Last edited:
Reactions: jwblane
For those of you that ordered by 9/30 and are attempting to transfer FSD, I stopped by the showroom today, talked to my SA and he said that he can see the FSD transfer intention in my account, BUT he's not sure if still transfers. He'll have to ask up the chain.

His theory... it does not apply to my sale because the car that I selected would not come before 9/30 anyways to be within the date range. It said Nov-Dec from the beginning. 😠

I really do appreciate everyone who has updated the status of their EDD and SDD. I am a bit of a nerd and have been tracking everyone’s data points. Looks like quite a few people likely took delivery and didn’t post an update. A few interesting things from this thread so far:

31 X’s were ordered on 9/1 and of those 21 have reported taking delivery.
11 on 9/2 and 6 have reported taking delivery
18 on 9/3 and 7 have reported taking delivery
12 on 9/4 and 5 have reported taking delivery
19 on 9/5 thru 9/9 and 4 have reported taking delivery
9 on 9/10 thru 9/19 and 1 has reported taking delivery
15 since 9/20 and none have taken delivery

If you have taken delivery, please update the thread so that the rest of us can live vicariously thru you until ours show up.
Thank you so much for gathering all these datapoints!

You can add me to your data points as I haven't post anything to this particular thread.

9/5 Placed Order, Still no VIN, Current window showing 10/23-11/13 (FYI, my order detail is in the tracking spreadsheet which I entered for the first time 30 minutes ago)

I have a very good feeling that we are almost there. Delay was no fun at all but thanks to extended waiting period, I was able to find much better deal for selling my old car (instead of using Tesla trade-in from $6,800 to $9,000), and auto loan (instead of using Tesla loan from '6.57% for 36 months' to thrid party financing '3,99% for 72 months'). I was in a super lazy mode when I placed the order. After my 'Tesla trade-in value' of $8,100 on my old car got expired, Tesla gave a new off for my trade-in $6,800. Thank you, Tesla for encouraging me to go out there for hunting!

Reactions: jwblane
For those of you that ordered by 9/30 and are attempting to transfer FSD, I stopped by the showroom today, talked to my SA and he said that he can see the FSD transfer intention in my account, BUT he's not sure if still transfers. He'll have to ask up the chain.

His theory... it does not apply to my sale because the car that I selected would not come before 9/30 anyways to be within the date range. It said Nov-Dec from the beginning. 😠
Your SA needs to ask up the chain and give you a FSD transfer agreement in PDF to sign then update that form into their system. After that, in the Tesla App, it should show the FSD transfer like the following pic took as of today.

IMG_5260.jpg

Reactions: ccchr