Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm starting to have second thoughts about Model X...I spent today looking at MB EQS 580 SUV and I was given a deal for less than $1000 a month for a lease. This is a $135k MSRP vehicle being leased for less than $1k. Vehicle in stock and ready for pickup an hour away from me.

This cost is significantly cheaper than the Model X finance or lease, for an arguably better build quality/luxury/comfort/quietness of cabin.

I'm starting to have second thoughts about Model X...I spent today looking at MB EQS 580 SUV and I was given a deal for less than $1000 a month for a lease. This is a $135k vehicle being leased for less than $1k.

This cost is significantly cheaper than the Model X finance or lease, for an arguably better build quality/luxury/comfort/quietness of cabin.
And yet even at $1k/month I'd still take a $92k MXP over it. But we all value different things. If you like the MB, that sounds like a great deal (if you also don't mind leasing).

I'm starting to have second thoughts about Model X...I spent today looking at MB EQS 580 SUV and I was given a deal for less than $1000 a month for a lease. This is a $135k MSRP vehicle being leased for less than $1k. Vehicle in stock and ready for pickup an hour away from me.

Maybe it's a good deal but I used to test drive one and didn't really like it.. The UI design feels complicated and cheap, and most importantly it's far not responsive comparing to Tesla.

Also did a test drive on a Porsche Taycan S and it's the same. Very luxury interior with a very not responsive computer..

Just my personal opinion

And yet even at $1k/month I'd still take a $92k MXP over it. But we all value different things. If you like the MB, that sounds like a great deal (if you also don't mind leasing).

Yeah I don't know. I'm really trying to get the best bang for the buck. I'm a little apprehensive about the Tesla Model X. I test drove one and heard lots of seat creaking/rattling while driving, which can also be heard in this video as the guy is slowing down/speeding up at around 1:17-1:18. You also hear it at 2:40 as well.

I guess the big thing is my wife hates the Tesla, so I'm kind of stuck. I'm so used to Apple Carplay and the Tesla doesn't offer it as well...

Last edited:
Yeah I don't know. I'm really trying to get the best bang for the buck. I'm a little apprehensive about the Tesla Model X. I test drove one and heard lots of seat creaking/rattling while driving, which can also be heard in this video as the guy is slowing down/speeding up at around 1:17-1:18. You also hear it at 2:40 as well.

I guess the big thing is my wife hates the Tesla, so I'm kind of stuck. I'm so used to Apple Carplay and the Tesla doesn't offer it as well...
All Teslas that I have ever owned had some sort of creaking/rattling. I brought them to the service center and they could usually get rid most of the creaking/rattling. But it never got to be completely silent. If you don’t think you can live with the creaking/rattling, I suggest you don’t buy a Tesla. Especially if your wife will hate it more because of all the noise. Why spend $90k+ on something that you might hate?

What if my third party financing is out of state (so that I can't pick up the check and bring it to Tesla when delivery is happening?) and they say they will wire the money?
I had a similar scenario where my credit union would only ACH the loan amount to Tesla. I rejected my first assigned VIN, and gave Tesla 2 weeks to see if they assign me another VIN quickly. When it looked like it was going to be 1.5-2 months out, I contacted Tesla and requested a refund to my credit union because I didn't want to be paying interest on a non existent vehicle. They processed it and refunded the loan amount to the credit union within 5 days.

Check with your bank to see what they suggest you do in the scenario if you reject the VIN. If the loan is tied to a specific VIN, as was in my case with my credit union, if there is a change of VIN, they may require you to sign new loan documents with the updated VIN.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Breakthrough
Geico has way better rates than Farmers/Allstate/State Farm. Even with a multiple policy discount state farm was almost double. Costco (American Family) is even better than Geico but they stopped underwriting new california policies for some strange reason.

Will be taking the incoming MX to G5 like @awd_rails as well. For the MY I did Photosync IRD at Extreme Autowerks and didn't think it was worth the premium over 3M Crystalline. G5 has done 6 flawless cars for us. I had to have Extreme Autowerks redo my front windshield because of haziness right in my line of vision and they left my MY a mess after tinting in with shoeprints all over the carpet and interior floor trim pieces.

"We do install the windshield tint in one full piece.
3M Ceramic IR on front doors + 3M Crystalline on windshield $1,075
3M Crystalline on the front half $1,100
3M Ceramic IR on the sides, back glass, sunroof + Crystalline on the windshield $1,660
3M Crystalline on all windows $1,910"
Yeah, I got similar quotes from G5. For the front windshield, they only offer Crystalline because I think that's the film they have in the large 1-piece size.

Last edited:

You'll definitely get more bang for the buck with the deeply discounted EQS. I considered it as well and after going over what makes me happy, ended up ordering the MXP. However, I value the powertrain the most. I've had multiple Mercedes (including the current 2020 one that's about to be sold after the MXP comes in) and I realize now that I don't really care about the fancy interior. It doesn't bring me any additional joy. Build quality is a wash. Less road noise would be nice but I got used to my glass roof noisy Model Y so I think the X is going to be an upgrade in that regard.

Reactions: SOBX MX and snorlax
You'll definitely get more bang for the buck with the deeply discounted EQS. I considered it as well and after going over what makes me happy, ended up ordering the MXP. However, I value the powertrain the most. I've had multiple Mercedes (including the current 2020 one that's about to be sold after the MXP comes in) and I realize now that I don't really care about the fancy interior. It doesn't bring me any additional joy. Build quality is a wash. Less road noise would be nice but I got used to my glass roof noisy Model Y so I think the X is going to be an upgrade in that regard.
Yes, X is quieter than the Y. The driving dynamic is also different. X is much smoother than Y.

About Tesla interior, I really enjoy their minimalist approach. I don’t like buttons in the other cars. I think people rarely touch most of the buttons in their cars. And those buttons are there because no one can make software for their cars as good as Tesla. And therefore they compensate with buttons.

I’m on vacation and rented a newer SUV… the interface is probably considered state of the art.

When compared to Tesla, it feels ancient. So many cool buttons that do cool things, awesome screens. None of it is as intuitive and enjoyable as my Model Y.

Really looking forward to my X. Outside is the stupid stalkless deal, no one can touch Teslas UI.

Reactions: SOBX MX
Geico has way better rates than Farmers/Allstate/State Farm. Even with a multiple policy discount state farm was almost double. Costco (American Family) is even better than Geico but they stopped underwriting new california policies for some strange reason.

Will be taking the incoming MX to G5 like @awd_rails as well. For the MY I did Photosync IRD at Extreme Autowerks and didn't think it was worth the premium over 3M Crystalline. G5 has done 6 flawless cars for us. I had to have Extreme Autowerks redo my front windshield because of haziness right in my line of vision and they left my MY a mess after tinting in with shoeprints all over the carpet and interior floor trim pieces.

"We do install the windshield tint in one full piece.
3M Ceramic IR on front doors + 3M Crystalline on windshield $1,075
3M Crystalline on the front half $1,100
3M Ceramic IR on the sides, back glass, sunroof + Crystalline on the windshield $1,660
3M Crystalline on all windows $1,910"
Fronts and windshield are all you need on the new X in most climates. The newer Tesla tinted glass already blocks a ton of heat and UV. :cool:

Check out my post here:

All Teslas that I have ever owned had some sort of creaking/rattling. I brought them to the service center and they could usually get rid most of the creaking/rattling. But it never got to be completely silent. If you don’t think you can live with the creaking/rattling, I suggest you don’t buy a Tesla. Especially if your wife will hate it more because of all the noise. Why spend $90k+ on something that you might hate?

My early 2018 Model 3 LR RWD was really solid... switched to a 2019 Performance 3 in March of 2022 and this one has a few creaks that are starting to bug me and now off warranty, so I'm really excited for my soon-to-be X. The one I test drove had the 22" wheels and STILL was super quite and solid.... whole other level from a 3/Y IMO. 👂

The 3.99% for 72 months was during September at USSFCU. I noticed that all the rates have "bumped up" since September. He probably locked it in in September during then. The application process is easy, but I'm not sure if it was only valid for 30 days or 60 days after locking the rate. Either way, VIN assignments from now on, will probably not take delivery until November.

DCU also bumped up their rates, (now 65 month loan for 6.5%). The rates are pretty atrocious now compared to last month.
Figured that was an earlier approval...seen most CU's raise their rates twice since early Sept. I applied at USSFCU, but by the time they got around to my app the rates bumped so I scrapped it.

I got pre-approved with DCU (my current Tesla loan holder) for 5.74% for 65-Months early Oct. Listed as 5.99% online, but you get an EXTRA 0.25% discount off for EV's that's only accounted for once you finalize the loan. 💸

I’ve been talking to my CU and their rates are only valid for 60 days. The beginning of my EDD is barely in that range, so I am going to have to just hold off and either wait until I get a VIN, or just refinance after I take delivery.

FYI Pre-approvals are only good for 45-Days at DCU... just waiting on my delivery date now so Tesla will generate the MVA required to finalize my loan.

Figured that was an earlier approval...seen most CU's raise their rates twice since early Sept. I applied at USSFCU, but by the time they got around to my app the rates bumped so I scrapped it.

I got pre-approved with DCU (my current Tesla loan holder) for 5.74% for 65-Months early Oct. Listed as 5.99% online, but you get an EXTRA 0.25% discount off for EV's that's only accounted for once you finalize the loan. 💸

FYI Pre-approvals are only good for 45-Days at DCU... just waiting on my delivery date now so Tesla will generate the MVA required to finalize my loan.
I saw @Breakthrough ’s post and applied at fedchoice and received an approval for 3.99% this morning. Also have a dcu loan at 1.24%