Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MXLR White/Black Tax configuration
Order Sep 3
EDD1: Oct 1 - Oct 15
Sep 28 received VIN 417XX
SA called and gave me only Sep 30 delivery date that didn't work for me, so he put order on hold.
Order hold removed Sep 12
EDD2: Oct 19 - Nov 9
Oct 21 Received VIN 4210XX
EDD3: Oct 23 - Oct 30
Have you been able to schedule a delivery date yet?

So I ordered on 9/11 and took delivery on Oct 7th, but I suspect that I was assigned one from inventory (although there was no indication that it was from inventory and the specs matched exactly). Year is 2023, white, 80k spec. Build was perfect, no issues, feels a lot more 'solid' generally than my 2019 LR Raven, although the lack of USS is really annoying. Front doors only open slightly and parking sensors are totally useless.

So I ordered on 9/11 and took delivery on Oct 7th, but I suspect that I was assigned one from inventory (although there was no indication that it was from inventory and the specs matched exactly). Year is 2023, white, 80k spec. Build was perfect, no issues, feels a lot more 'solid' generally than my 2019 LR Raven, although the lack of USS is really annoying. Front doors only open slightly and parking sensors are totally useless.
yeah lack of USS is the main drawback as a recent 2023 owner too. I picked up a demo ish $80k config that was literally staged for the show room 2 days before I claimed it, so apart from a dozen customers sitting in it, it hasn’t seen any other use.

TBH I don’t care about the front doors and how far they open. The vision Park Assist is the big issue, it’s beyond useless. It plays a lot of the STOP chimes for completely mundane driving around a parking lot. If you previously had a USS car those sounds usually mean you actually are inches from hitting something, so it’s been scaring me in parking lots.

I ended up turning off the park assist chimes.

yeah lack of USS is the main drawback as a recent 2023 owner too. I picked up a demo ish $80k config that was literally staged for the show room 2 days before I claimed it, so apart from a dozen customers sitting in it, it hasn’t seen any other use.

TBH I don’t care about the front doors and how far they open. The vision Park Assist is the big issue, it’s beyond useless. It plays a lot of the STOP chimes for completely mundane driving around a parking lot. If you previously had a USS car those sounds usually mean you actually are inches from hitting something, so it’s been scaring me in parking lots.

I ended up turning off the park assist chimes.
Personally, I turned off the parking chimes on both of my previous USS-equipped cars (2019 M3 and 2022 MS). Everyone is different, of course, but I found them more irritating than helpful, even if they were relatively accurate. I never felt like I was unsure where the exterior of the car was relative to my surroundings even without them.

I really just want an overhead 360 degree view.

Looking at the data points we have, everyone in FL that ordered on 9/1 and 9/2 have taken delivery. Only other people in FL with orders besides you are @backunit who ordered a plaid on 9/4 and got a VIN on 10/12 with a EDD range of 10/23-10/30, and @Dsuslavi who ordered the tax credit version on 9/11 no VIN and EDD range of 11/7-12/19. Maybe you and @Dsuslavi will be on the same train. They are in Orlando, where are you?
I’m still sitting at the Nov 9-Dec 13 EDD,, no vin.

Reactions: domonas and jwblane