Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you switch? I can’t select the Stealth Gray online, clicking it does nothing. I asked my local Tesla contact if I can switch and she said she can do it for me but my pricing would reset to the new pricing (Black MXP order from 9/8). It’s very weird because I can switch to any other color online without losing my pricing.
I think that if your original order was Midnight Silver, Tesla changed it to Stealth Gray at no cost. If you originally ordered any other color, there is a price increase because Stealth Grey is a premium price color.

I think that if your original order was Midnight Silver, Tesla changed it to Stealth Gray at no cost. If you originally ordered any other color, there is a price increase because Stealth Grey is a premium price color.
For the Model X, all colors were free regardless of which color you choose, including ultra red. There isn't a price increase for any color. Honestly, it's really just a glitch since people have been able to call in and switch their colors without any issues. In fact, you can order a Model X in Stealth Gray on the website without a price increase either.

This isn't a Model Y.

Yeah if you see my later posts I called in and switched it with no change in price. My local Tesla rep told me the price would go up to the new post price hike ($5k extra for Plaid), but when I called the main support number they did it no problem with my original price. Yeah it’s a website bug.

That's not how this works though. Tesla knows how much it needs based on all these orders from September and what their production capacity is for the Model X. I doubt that Panasonic reducing production of batteries affects Model X's production capacity because it's based on orders they get.

If anything, Tesla expects less being sold this upcoming quarter, and it already accounted for that when they place orders from Panasonic for battery components. However, that also includes Model 3/Y which they produce much quicker and faster than the Model X and they probably expect less of those vehicles being sold rather than the Model X, which has been backlogged.

It appears that I was wrong. It looks like the softening demand for Model S/X has been making Panasonic cut production.

Yeah if you see my later posts I called in and switched it with no change in price. My local Tesla rep told me the price would go up to the new post price hike ($5k extra for Plaid), but when I called the main support number they did it no problem with my original price. Yeah it’s a website bug.
what # are you calling, and with what magic combination of buttons, such that you get a human?
I'd like to update my loan for my car, but seem unable to mash them to result in being able to speak to someone to accomplish this. thanks!

19k is too low. How?? Tesla quoted me 2018X for 30.4k. I have 65k miles. Do you have a lot miles or been to an accident??
The offers from Tesla are crazy. Understand they’re not giving market value, but still. These cars were worth when
It appears that I was wrong. It looks like the softening demand for Model S/X has been making Panasonic cut production.

I think Tesla will eventually pull additional demand levers. The demand for these S and X is fairly low even after price cuts. If it wasn’t for the free charging transfer, I would have probably strongly considered an iX. So much more luxury, quietness, and creature comforts with more real world range than the X. Just not the same ease of charging or performance, though.

I don't mind waiting past 12/31. That way I will get a 24 VIN for sure. Maybe rgb ambient lighting also. Front camera would be a plus. Point of sale federal rebate even better. If reduced $3750 then let's see if tesla will lower the price to offset that

Panasonic is only now responding to eroding demand from Tesla from before the price cut. Anyone who understands system dynamics knows that reacting to demand signals from less than 2-3 weeks ago is folly. These are massive machines working with massive latencies with large hysteresis, and reacting that rapidly leads only to overcorrection.

This is a much bigger issue than model x/s and their demand.

what # are you calling, and with what magic combination of buttons, such that you get a human?
I'd like to update my loan for my car, but seem unable to mash them to result in being able to speak to someone to accomplish this. thanks!
Have you tried text the 510 number (unfortunately I don't have it handy as I've deleted since taking delivery)? I was able to handle most of my communications with Tesla through text message, including changing my loan financing from Tesla finance to third party.

Reactions: Neon001
Have you tried text the 510 number (unfortunately I don't have it handy as I've deleted since taking delivery)? I was able to handle most of my communications with Tesla through text message, including changing my loan financing from Tesla finance to third party.
Echo this. They're there only useful entity Tesla has. This rando "510" number. Caveat: they don't seem to care about your existence before you get assigned a VIN.

Echo this. They're there only useful entity Tesla has. This rando "510" number. Caveat: they don't seem to care about your existence before you get assigned a VIN.
Agreed. I sent a question via text to the 510 number that sent me a message. Still no response 7 days later. Which makes no sense because it says:

Hi *********, welcome to the Tesla family! Download the Tesla App at ts.la/app to get started on your pre-delivery tasks for RN*********.

Reply to this message at any time and a Tesla Advisor will respond as soon as possible.
This is the same system/number that is utilized by their Solar Energy group as my text thread with them goes back to earlier in the year when I had a system installed on my home. But now radio silence while I wait to be assigned a VIN for my car.