Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what # are you calling, and with what magic combination of buttons, such that you get a human?
I'd like to update my loan for my car, but seem unable to mash them to result in being able to speak to someone to accomplish this. thanks!

I called the main support number - 1-888-518-3752, pick option for Vehicles, then Sales. Opted for callback and they called me 10 minutes later (an actual person).

VIN assigned this morning, 422xxx. 10th digit is P so still a 2023 model year. MSM -> Stealth Gray

EDD: November 14 - November 21
New EDD this morning—MSM Base Model in Central FL

Order Date: September 3

EDD1: October 8 - November 12
EDD2: October 20 - November 24
EDD3: November 8 - December 13

No VIN assigned

Seems like I should have opted for Ultra Red or another color based on these other updates 😂

I would have probably strongly considered an iX. So much more luxury, quietness, and creature comforts with more real world range than the X. Just not the same ease of charging or performance, though.
So much more cost too. The base MSRP is $92k with no rebates. The iX "may" be more refined. But take a sale in Colorado, where with rebates an MX is $67.5k. Is the Base model iX $24,500 more luxurious, quiet, or refined. I guess that's dependent upon each individual, preference. And if you prefer performance, now you are looking at a $50,900 delta. My last car was a BMW, and before that I had an Audi. No doubt they are refined, but to me there comes a point of diminishing returns.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
So much more cost too. The base MSRP is $92k with no rebates. The iX "may" be more refined. But take a sale in Colorado, where with rebates an MX is $67.5k. Is the Base model iX $24,500 more luxurious, quiet, or refined. I guess that's dependent upon each individual, preference. And if you prefer performance, now you are looking at a $50,900 delta. My last car was a BMW, and before that I had an Audi. No doubt they are refined, but to me there comes a point of diminishing returns.

Not exactly. Leasing is a good option. I was offered leasing at $800 a month for a BMW iX. A fully loaded one would've been closer to $950, which is much cheaper than leasing a Model X. In fact, the APR for a lease is MUCH lower than the rates you get today to buy.

Nobody really buys a BMW iX upfront. With leasing, you get the $7500 tax credit built into the lease as well (no income limit/no MSRP limit.) It's much better to lease to buy these vehicles if you end up wanting to buy. Even the EQS SUV 580 from Mercedes is also a great deal, and I was offered less than $1000 a month to lease one, which is also cheaper than the Model X. MSRP was actually $135k for that vehicle.

Here is an example from a Sept deal.

Either way, that cost delta of $51k isn't actually there. Tesla Model X, if bought two years ago or within the last year prior to the recent price drop, has probably already lost in value by like $40k or more.

Right now, given demand decreases for EV's in general due to several factors (gas prices being lower now, only advantage electric being more cost friendly only when you charge at home, high interest rates suppressing home buying for now) I expect further discounts to move other competitor's EV's. Charging at any supercharger/charging station does not save you significantly more money compared to gasoline to switch, especially hybrids when some SUVs can already go 40 mpg already.

Also, technology in EV's are evolving so fast- in a few years you can probably go 500-600 miles on a single charge in an SUV. Your EV will probably be sinking even more in value by then. This does go for all EVs purchased in the next year or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ethan Ryczek
Not exactly. Leasing is a good option. I was offered leasing at $800 a month for a BMW iX. A fully loaded one would've been closer to $900, which is much cheaper than leasing a Model X.

Nobody really buys a BMW iX upfront. With leasing, you get the $7500 tax credit built into the lease as well. It's much better to lease to buy these vehicles.
If leasing is your preference. But I was going off purchasing, which seemed to be what the other poster was commenting on. I looked into leasing when I was looking at an Ev6, but I don't want mileage caps. And for me locally an iX M60 is $1,080 a month with $ 9,279 Due at Signing.

If leasing is your preference. But I was going off purchasing, which seemed to be what the other poster was commenting on. I looked into leasing when I was looking at an Ev6, but I don't want mileage caps. And for me locally an iX M60 is $1,080 a month with $ 9,279 Due at Signing.

Yeah, you weren't shopping around. Leasehackr would've found you a much better deal.

You don't have to fully lease and return. You can buy at the lease's end and still pay significantly less than if you paid upfront, even if you go over mileage. Not to mention that you do also get a much lower APR, and can take advantage of better interest rates then when you end up buying out your lease. If mileage caps were your concern, that wouldn't matter if your intention is to buy the vehicle anyways in the first place. However, the big advantage of a lease is that if you end up hating the vehicle, or for some reason you don't want it anymore, due to newer technologies out, you have the option to return it back.

I'm still on the fence of leasing an alternative vs buying the Model X, given that I don't have a VIN yet, but let's see if November prices are even lower. Tesla delaying my order just makes me look for other alternatives elsewhere since manufacturers are incentivized to sell, especially year end models such as the 2023.

Tesla recently announced a leasing incentive for the Model Y for only $399 a month. That sounds like a great deal as well. I think this is just a forewarning to how many people really want an EV now. Tesla's recent huge stock drop is a testament to that. Most people can't afford an $80k vehicle like the Model X anyways.

Last edited:
Yeah, you weren't shopping around. Leasehackr would've found you a much better deal.

You don't have to fully lease and return. You can buy at the lease's end and still pay significantly less than if you paid upfront, even if you go over mileage. Not to mention that you do also get a much lower APR, and can take advantage of better interest rates then when you end up buying out your lease.

I'm still on the fence of leasing an alternative vs buying the Model X, given that I don't have a VIN yet, but let's see if November prices are even lower. Tesla delaying my order just makes me look for other alternatives elsewhere since manufacturers are incentivized to sell, especially year end models such as the 2023.
Purchase vs lease vs tax incentive vs delivery date, yikes! My delivery likely December - February so timing and what happens t the rebate in January could be a big factor. Looking forward to more analysis on the lease+buyout versus purchase as we have more info! Thanks for the notes!!!

You don't have to fully lease and return. You can buy at the lease's end and still pay significantly less than if you paid upfront, even if you go over mileage. Not to mention that you do also get a much lower APR, and can take advantage of better interest rates then when you end up buying out your lease.

I checked out Leasehacker, and the best I saw was for the iX50 at $856/m, which wouldn't be my preference, an additional $150, to $200 for the iX M60 isn't much of a reach. And trust me, I've looked at other options too. Even started looking at the Fisker Ocean. But for me, right now, with the Federal, and State incentives I'm still leaning on the MX.

Last edited:
I checked out Leasehacker, and the best I saw was for the iX50 at $856/m, which wouldn't be my preference, an additional $150, to $200 for the iX M60 isn't much of a reach. And Trust me, I've looked at other options too. Even started looking at the Fisker Ocean. But for me, right now, with the Federal, and State incentives I'm still leaning on the MX.
I have an early Fisker Ocean Extreme order I'm sitting on now that I ordered my X and getting it delivery Friday. 😬

I test drove the Ocean recently here in NJ and was really disappointed. They even lowered the Extreme by $7500 now, but IMO still overpriced for what it is. Very small cargo area, solar roof doesn't even have a UI, no 1-pedal driving yet, no hill assist, software is a mess, interior very cheap feeling and hard plastic.

Drove the Ocean the Friday of Memorial Day weekend, then drove the X the next day and I was sold... not even the same class IMO. Only their base models might compete with a Model Y in the $40-50k range, but $60-70K no way.

Attachments

• Ocean Confirmation 2 Edit.jpg
    Ocean Confirmation 2 Edit.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 22
I checked out Leasehacker, and the best I saw was for the iX50 at $856/m, which wouldn't be my preference, an additional $150, to $200 for the iX M60 isn't much of a reach. And Trust me, I've looked at other options too. Even started looking at the Fisker Ocean. But for me, right now, with the Federal, and State incentives I'm still leaning on the MX.
That's fine. Maybe for you it's better for the Model X. for others without a Colorado incentive may want to look elsewhere as well. Either way, at least from where I am at, there isn't a huge difference right now for the Model X and other alternatives. Tesla really doesn't want to offer the leasing federal tax incentive on the Model X for some reason. Otherwise, I would've sprung for the Model X Plaid.

However, it may change in the near future given Tesla seems to now allow the leasing tax credit on the Model Y.

DOJ is also investigating Tesla for possibly 'falsifying' their range numbers on a full charge. Not sure if this applies to the Model X. If true, that does give me concern about the real range of the Model X. BMW iX apparently goes farther than its estimated EPA range rating, due to its much bigger battery.

I'm not trying to bash Tesla here, but these are things to really think about. I'm still keeping my order though, but it's been difficult not to look elsewhere. I jumped on the bandwagon right when the price dropped, but almost two months later, I'm not confident of my decision yet.

Last edited:
That's fine. Maybe for you it's better for the Model X. for others without a Colorado incentive may want to look elsewhere as well. Either way, at least from where I am at, there isn't a huge difference right now for the Model X and other alternatives. Tesla really doesn't want to offer the leasing federal tax incentive on the Model X for some reason. Otherwise, I would've sprung for the Model X Plaid.

However, it may change in the near future given Tesla seems to now allow the leasing tax credit on the Model Y.

From the BMW forums:
The credit is is a reduction of the purchase price, like a cap cost reduction provided by the leasing company. So, a $9,900 lease incentive + $11,500 dealer contribution (10% discount off MSRP) yields a net $93,600 purchase cost of a $115K MSRP car. Take a 0.00111 Money Factor and 52% residual for a 36 month lease, and you are at $1,136/month pre-tax with no money down. Add MSDs, and you get down to $1,071 pre-tax.

This was back in the summer, so a little more expensive, but an iX M60 even leasing can get expensive: BMW i Forums - View Single Post - BMW EV Lease Credit Now $9,900 For iX xDrive50 and iX M60

But if my order doesn't come in, in 2023, I'll be in line with you looking at alternatives....

I have an early Fisker Ocean Extreme order I'm sitting on now that I ordered my X and getting it delivery Friday. 😬

I test drove the Ocean recently here in NJ and was really disappointed. They even lowered the Extreme by $7500 now, but IMO still overpriced for what it is. Very small cargo area, solar roof doesn't even have a UI, no 1-pedal driving yet, no hill assist, software is a mess, interior very cheap feeling and hard plastic.

Drove the Ocean the Friday of Memorial Day weekend, then drove the X the next day and I was sold... not even the same class IMO. Only their base models might compete with a Model Y in the $40-50k range, but $60-70K no way.
HA! Yep, I saw your username over on their forums! 😁 I was thinking, this Guy/Gal is everywhere!

• Funny
Reactions: NJturtlePower
From the BMW forums:

This was back in the summer, so a little more expensive, but an iX M60 even leasing can get expensive: BMW i Forums - View Single Post - BMW EV Lease Credit Now $9,900 For iX xDrive50 and iX M60

But if my order doesn't come in, in 2023, I'll be in line with you looking at alternatives....

Yeah, these prices all fluctuate depending on the month and the incentives they offer. I'm thinking November/December is when manufacturers really are pushing to get rid of these.

I was able to lease my 2022 Jeep GC 4xe for $650 a month, no money down, no MSDs for 24 months/15k miles a year back in January of 2023. To me that was an excellent deal. Now checking the actual value of my Jeep, it looks like the Chrysler Capital is losing a ton on my lease.

Reactions: Operator
Model X Saga:
My order date: 9/6
Tesla app order date: 9/7
MXLR Ultra Red poverty edition

EDD1: Oct-Nov
EDD2: Oct 10- Nov 21
EDD3: Oct 10- Nov 14
EDD4: Oct 24- Nov 28
EDD5: Oct 30- Nov 20
EDD6: Oct 31- Nov 21

No VIN yet. Hoping for a 2024 Model at least for changing the EDD this many times!

Last edited:
Updated: 10/31

Order date: 9/5
Build: MXLR | Stealth Grey | 20" | Black Int | No FSD Transfer | Tax Credit eligibility build
Original EDD: Sept/Oct
EDD 2: Oct/Nov
EDD 3: 10/11-11/22
EDD 4: 10/11-11/15
EDD 5: 10/25-11/29
EDD 6: 10/30-11/20
EDD 7: 10/31-11/20
VIN: No

Last edited: