Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got the VIN assigned. Still a 2023 7SAXCDE54PF421XXX
Order date : 9/3 ultra red MX base model.

Got a message saying I need review and accept order updates regarding Tesla Vision stating no USS, and some features like summon are temporarily limited etc. Is this a common thing in the recent past ? This is my first Tesla so wanted to confirm before I accept. also when do I get final EDD? I don't see a date range now just a warning to review Tesla account. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks
Accepted the Tesla vision disclaimer and now the Est delivery: November 15- 22. Michigan
Is it safe to do the insurance and bank related activities now?

Yeah, I think more likely it was cancelled mid transport.
Yup, you know one of those -- You order it because it's such an amazing deal, you get a VIN and realize you should probably tell your wife about the purchase before having to to go pick it up and pay, and then you have to cancel...

Now should I tell my wife before I get my VIN...jk lol

I think we're also 1 post away from people fighting over if it makes a difference. (it do).
I am not taking questions at this time.

I laugh when people fight over this. Do what you want and leave everyone alone folks!

I’ll share my experience regarding resale/ trade-in value. I bought a new Tesla MYP at the end of 2021 and got a 2022 model. Last week I was looking to get rid of it to make room for a MX. KBB said the car’s trade in value was $41,850. I sold to a local dealer for $41,700. Now if I input the same car mileage, condition, etc but make the model year 2021. KBB says $36,500.

So there you go, the difference between a 2021 and 2022 MYP that’s a week apart is about $5k after 2 years. But if you plan to keep your car 5+ years, I would imagine that number would be significantly less.

Last edited:
Just got my VIN assigned today for an MXP order from 9/2. Currently says delivery from Nov 14-Nov 21 and that they will reach out when it gets closer to schedule delivery. Let’s just say I wanted a 2024 and don’t care about the tax rebates. At what point do I reach out and do the VIN rejection or vacation hold? Is that a one time event? Definitely want to close since the purchase price was slightly above 90K but would rather do it on a 2024 VIN.

Just got my VIN assigned today for an MXP order from 9/2. Currently says delivery from Nov 14-Nov 21 and that they will reach out when it gets closer to schedule delivery. Let’s just say I wanted a 2024 and don’t care about the tax rebates. At what point do I reach out and do the VIN rejection or vacation hold? Is that a one time event? Definitely want to close since the purchase price was slightly above 90K but would rather do it on a 2024 VIN.

Just do a vacation hold right before your delivery date. You want to push the car back as far as possible.

• Informative
Reactions: Tiger and series

You can put your order on hold only once (vin rejection or vacation hold they don’t care). There is no specific date on when this must be done but obviously before the delivery date range. They will start communicating w you and remind you to schedule your delivery. If you need extra time just say I’m working on it. Eventually they’ll say you need to schedule or we cancel your order.

Once on hold, you have 2 weeks before they put your name back in the pool for a new vin. You’ll be “in front of the line” when you go back. You can also release your hold anytime during this two week hold. All this is done online. There will be a “Release my hold” button in your account. To be safe, wait at least 2-3 weeks after the 2024 vins are out before releasing the hold. Good luck!

Quick question. I see people worrying that the financing offer is expiring. Mine will expire soon, and I am sure I won't get my car by that time. Will resubmitting the offer affect anything, or is it just a click of a button? Why are people worried about it?

Quick question. I see people worrying that the financing offer is expiring. Mine will expire soon, and I am sure I won't get my car by that time. Will resubmitting the offer affect anything, or is it just a click of a button? Why are people worried about it?

I think people are worried because of the additional hard credit pull, which temporarily lowers your credit score for a couple of months. This may lead to higher rates, etc.

I think that people shouldn't apply for a loan until they're much closer to their delivery date (within 3 weeks or so) and/or they received their VIN. Some places give you a 60 day approval, so in that case, you have more leeway. Tesla financing only approves for 30 days I believe based on reading other's posts.

Last edited:
I think people are worried because of the additional hard credit pull, which temporarily lowers your credit score for a couple of months. This may lead to higher rates, etc.

I think that people shouldn't apply for a loan until they're much closer to their delivery date (within 3 weeks or so) and/or they received their VIN. Some places give you a 60 day approval, so in that case, you have more leeway. Tesla financing only approves for 30 days I believe based on reading other's Is a hard pull bad enough to cause my final application to be disapproved even if I have a very good credit score?"

I think that people shouldn't apply for a loan until they're much closer to their delivery date (within 3 weeks or so) and/or they received their VIN. Some places give you a 60 day approval, so in that case, you have more leeway. Tesla financing only approves for 30 days I believe based on reading other's posts.
Is a hard pull bad enough to cause my final application to be disapproved even if I have a very good credit score?

Yup, you know one of those -- You order it because it's such an amazing deal, you get a VIN and realize you should probably tell your wife about the purchase before having to to go pick it up and pay, and then you have to cancel...

Now should I tell my wife before I get my VIN...jk lol
Well I ordered on 10/23 before I told my wife. But she was the one who told me about the transfer of FUSC offer. Last weekend we went to Tesla to test drive the new X. Did not have a Plaid but they did have the LR which see says has a lot more power than our 2020 X. But she really liked the 6 seater - wanted something different. Even with the price increase if you are going with the 6 seater seems logical to go with the Plaid. So on the way home I showed her I had already ordered it -X Plaid.