Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know but I would assume the IRS uses the actual purchase price as shown on your invoice - not some unused number.
Nope. The regs specifically say MSRP. Dealer additions, or discounts, do not count. Topic B — Frequently Asked Questions About Income and Price Limitations for the New Clean Vehicle Credit | Internal Revenue Service

1699291183751.png

Any idea how to switch my Tesla sales rep? Having a hard time reaching her now that I've placed my order. Wanted to see about the free supercharging transfer since my EDD was moved for '24 Jan-Feb from Nov-Dec '23.

Any idea how to switch my Tesla sales rep? Having a hard time reaching her now that I've placed my order. Wanted to see about the free supercharging transfer since my EDD was moved for '24 Jan-Feb from Nov-Dec '23.
With your EDD so far out, don’t expect super regular communication. Messaging via the app or the 510 phone number tends to get you the quickest responses, especially if you keep it short and to the point.

Reactions: b_PJS
With your EDD so far out, don’t expect super regular communication. Messaging via the app or the 510 phone number tends to get you the quickest responses, especially if you keep it short and to the point.
I found it previously from ordering my MYP is through the chat feature in Tesla main page (where you go to Model X, then there is a chat window at the bottom), click on it. I found that they give the most accurate answer compared to Tesla sales.

Reactions: chillaban
I found it previously from ordering my MYP is through the chat feature in Tesla main page (where you go to Model X, then there is a chat window at the bottom), click on it. I found that they give the most accurate answer compared to Tesla sales.
Yeah that seems less useful for me now. 3 weeks ago I called my service center and chose the option for sales and got through to a national call center and the agent there was super helpful. She was unable to get in contact with anyone at the service center (LOL) but pulled up the list of options, the history of why the vehicle is in inventory, and even told me (via satellite imagery) where on the SC parking lot I would find the vehicle!

I ordered MX UltraRed Tax Ed, north of Houston area on 10/26, apparently way late to the party!

Sales consultant literally said well VINs are being assigned pretty quick now, you should receive the vehicle last 2 weeks of November, while website said Nov-Dec. OMG what a crock. In app:

EDD1: Nov-Dec
EDD2: Dec-Jan
EDD3: Jan-Feb and that was a week ago

Given all I see here I suspect end-Feb is a likely target, 4 months after order. I’ll take the half-tax credit I guess, maybe a price reduction, 2024 VIN, and with any luck maybe an added feature, lol. I received the 2 charging units I ordered today — those going to get pretty dusty by the time I need them!

Thanks all for keeping the thread going, pics on delivery, all that - keeps me encouraged!!

They all have an MSRP over $80k, so they don't qualify for a tax credit. (Discounts or ADMs, Additional Dealer Markups, are not considered when determining tax credit eligibility.)
Is there a specific citation from the IRS that states this? If it's never been titled and it sells for under $80K, doesn't it meet the IRS requirements? Anyone have a friend who's a Tax Attorney?