Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You just have to slow down enough before turning to avoid aggressive turning. It’s hard to do when you are in a hurry. I agree that after 10 pm driving deduction is stupid. And it deducts like 20% from your score for that driving session. In bumper to bumper situation, I usually let the autopilot drives. You won’t get deducted if you get the warning while on autopilot
Ughhhh. I normally start driving around 3:50AM

In the website renders, the front brake calipers look almost painted black and really nice.
are they? or is this just 'enhanced' for the render?
Gloss black, looks really good!

Front
IMG_5978.jpeg

IMG_5981.jpeg

Rear
IMG_5979.jpeg

IMG_5982.jpeg

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
Thea a slight raise on the misaligned side. The second picture shows a more exaggerated angle (from below) of the front and FWD handles. It’s not as pronounced in person from a normal angle. I didn’t test drive it but when I sat inside to open and close the doors, everything seemed fine and smooth.

I've seen too many horror stories of FWD's binding and scraping metal on metal to accept something that isn't well aligned from the factory.

FWIW I would be more concerned about the curbed wheel than I am about that FWD misalignment. I get for a new car you really want it to look perfect but in reality even for perfectly normal FWD operation when you close them on a hill or a windy day it can lead to them appearing misaligned. There is just a good amount of play and large weather stripping areas that give a good eighth inch of give.

With 11 miles on the odometer it sure seems like someone simply goofed up loading / unloading the car.

An issue noticed after the production line issue could cause a few trips around the track before it gets cleared up.

I've seen too many horror stories of FWD's binding and scraping metal on metal to accept something that isn't well aligned from the factory.

Yeah, then you'll probably never get a MX, since I haven't found one that's ever 100% perfectly aligned. Again, they're designed to have some flex since there's articulating areas. In fact, I can probably safely say that at least 90% of them will be off by a little bit, even if it was perfectly aligned from the factory or even when you pick it up, just because they designed them with some tolerance. It's not like a regular car door hinge design. It's an articulating design with three joints.

Yeah, then you'll probably never get a MX, since I haven't found one that's ever 100% perfectly aligned. Again, they're designed to have some flex since there's articulating areas. In fact, I can probably safely say that at least 90% of them will be off by a little bit, even if it was perfectly aligned from the factory or even when you pick it up, just because they designed them with some tolerance. It's not like a regular car door hinge design. It's an articulating design with three joints.

Planning to order one in January.