Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A Heads up for anyone in Texas, the Tesla rep informed me that they may start collecting registration and taxes beginning as early as end of this week so we can avoid having to do it ourselves. They asked me to try and take delivery on Thursday if I wanted to avoid it.

Reactions: MX_TaxBaby
AH! see this makes more sense. We open and close the FWD's a TON in our garage and the misalignment is more present when doing so. When we are out and about, in an open parking lot the doors always look more aligned when closed. Just thought I was crazy and went about my day. In the garage, they do open narrow the way you explained. I also calibrated the doors in the garage and the manual tells you to not do this. I need to take it out in an open parking lot and do it the right way. I just hate to sit there alone and have people watch me and say "look at this douchebag" hahahah while the doors go up and down.
Yeah we’ve gotten maybe a half dozen X’s between loaners, extended test drives, and now finally owning one. The FWDs have worried me the most so we spent a lot of time playing around with them in all sorts of scenarios and this is definitely the pattern we see.

Luckily we’ve never encountered one so misaligned that it scrapes or refuses to close. I definitely would reject delivery of THAT. But otherwise I’ve not seen a single one that closes to perfect alignment each and every time. Especially when it does the tight parking space motion.

Reactions: SunnySideUp
MVPA appeared now, after calling Tesla, they asked me to fill out the finance information, once I did that it appeared almost immediately.

Where should I look for FUSC transfer, I do not see it on MVPA?
Those transfers, similar to the FSD transfer, does not show up in the MVPA. What you'll likely get is a document to sign when you have a scheduled delivery date. And even then, they may send it out a day or 2 before your actual pick up date.

I received my FSD transfer doc to sign 2 days before delivery.

New update today:

Ordered Oct 22 | white, black tax credit | SoCal

1st EDD: Nov-Dec
2nd EDD: Dec-Jan (after 7 days)
3rd EDD: Dec 12- Feb 16 (after 9 days)
Called my delivery advisor and asked to sign the Supercharging Transfer Agreement.
4th EDD: Dec 22 - Feb 16
5th EDD: Dec 26 - Feb 6

FedChoice is a very easy and efficient process.

I did everything from initial membership application to new auto loan approval all between a Thursday and Monday of the following week.

They were very easy to work with finalizing the loan and paying Tesla too. No problems or confusion and my loan was funded the day before my delivery date as I requested since I was bringing an additional down payment via check anyways.

Unfortunately the days of their great 3.99% with new member discount is limited now (for greater than 60-months at least) with their recent 11/9 rate hike.

3.99% still on 0-60mo, 4.14% on the 61-72mo. Took mine at 3.99% at the full 72-months locked in October.

View attachment 990415
How do you land 3.99% still for new members? I called after the recent updates and they said base rate is 4.99% and a 0.25% discount for new members.

So this morning I was at Nov 29 to Jan 9 (9/22 order UR) honestly that's accurate to 30mins ago. Now I have a Vin of PF421101. Seems really odd. And that VIN also seems older than most of the VIN's I've seen as of late. Honestly was prepared for a mid Dec date. Thoughts?

So this morning I was at Nov 29 to Jan 9 (9/22 order UR) honestly that's accurate to 30mins ago. Now I have a Vin of PF421101. Seems really odd. And that VIN also seems older than most of the VIN's I've seen as of late. Honestly was prepared for a mid Dec date. Thoughts?
Someone didn't go through with buying it for some reason, whether they declined accepting it or didn't have the funds/changed mind, etc. 421XXX is still relatively recent, and people are JUST picking those VINs up now within the last two weeks.

For anyone waiting for a 2024 VIN: I ordered MXP mid-october and was issued a 420xxx VIN and delivery date 2 weeks later. I declined wanting a 2024 car. Now I severely regret declining. There will be no difference between 2023 and 2024 and now I'm sitting here without the car I really want. I don't even have an EDD now. If I could do it over, I would have taken the car that was slated for me.

For anyone waiting for a 2024 VIN: I ordered MXP mid-october and was issued a 420xxx VIN and delivery date 2 weeks later. I declined wanting a 2024 car. Now I severely regret declining. There will be no difference between 2023 and 2024 and now I'm sitting here without the car I really want. I don't even have an EDD now. If I could do it over, I would have taken the car that was slated for me.

Yeah, that was my reasoning for not declining my VIN. There's a huge chance I wouldn't get a 2024 VIN by Dec 31 when I needed that tax credit.

I would've at least gone and inspected that car to see if it was good before declining though. You won't be able to decline the next one without losing the $250 deposit.

Reactions: WiseShepherd
421XXX seems fine. Prob a mid Oct build. I took delivery last Wednesday and mine was a 423XXX

Someone didn't go through with buying it for some reason, whether they declined accepting it or didn't have the funds/changed mind, etc. 421XXX is still relatively recent, and people are JUST picking those VINs up now within the last two weeks.

I'm still scheduling estimates for a charger install at the house. Just, like a pretty abrupt change to go from an earliest EDD of Nov 29th. to "COME GET YOUR CAR NOW!!!!" Glad I did my Fed Choice last week. Would I get my old slot in line if I declined?

I'm still scheduling estimates for a charger install at the house. Just, like a pretty abrupt change to go from an earliest EDD of Nov 29th. to "COME GET YOUR CAR NOW!!!!" Glad I did my Fed Choice last week. Would I get my old slot in line if I declined?

It sounds like if you declined, it's YMMV what happens from that point on. If Tesla had a plethora of vehicles, you would be good, but there are some reports where they declined (as in above post) and still haven't gotten an EDD yet.

You also risk losing your FedChoice loan as well. Tesla might delay delivery dates longer. I know you have 60 days to finalize the loan, but given recent rate changes, and now everyone is trying to get in on FedChoice since it's still much cheaper than other loans even after the increase and likely to be bogged down, I would jump on it ASAP instead of waiting it out. FedChoice will probably find ANY excuse to give you a higher interest rate, since you haven't signed anything. They're already losing potential money with each passing loan they get since their interest rate is lower than Fed Funds rate.

When I bought houses, I had to sign documents to lock in the rate. Since FedChoice has not actually had you formally sign any documents, I would really try to get everything signed now to ensure you got that rate. I found it already sus that they would only give you the rate over the phone (they never responded to any of my email messages with an email except only generic messages like 'you're approved.' without a loan rate, and would give it to me only via phone) which to me, tells me that they can change the rate at any time before formally signing documents and leaving no trace of actual loan rate.

Last edited: