Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
remember that the PF427 / 428 etc for MXP and MXLR not in the same order. I received PF427 2 days ago as well and its fresh. No worries.
You called it. They said production date was December 9th.
The message said upload insurance and we will get back to you with a delivery date. Question, if I upload insurance and wait for delivery date, can I pull the trigger on the two-week vacation at any point? Like if it takes them a while to get me a delivery date then I might be able to push things into January?
I know that's arguably a stupid thing to worry about and It's possible I still get a 23 VIN very early in January... But curious of when I can pull that two-week trigger...

Reactions: SOBX MX
The message said upload insurance and we will get back to you with a delivery date. Question, if I upload insurance and wait for delivery date, can I pull the trigger on the two-week vacation at any point? Like if it takes them a while to get me a delivery date then I might be able to push things into January?
I know that's arguably a stupid thing to worry about and It's possible I still get a 23 VIN very early in January... But curious of when I can pull that two-week trigger...
Pretty sure you can pull the 2 week hold trigger at any time. I pulled my 2 week trigger a while back for a family emergency the day I got a VIN and request to schedule delivery same day. (note the reason for a 2 week hold and release of VIN was not a concern of the SA)

Reactions: Potterton
I canceled mine. I’ll order first or second quarter next year. I have a feeling the price will be dropping further.
According to an acquaintance working for Tesla..... She said they can legally produce 2023's even into 2024 to cover existing orders. Said Tesla will be actually be raising prices on the 2024 MX to insure they sell the inventory of 2023's. Will still have a base 2024 MX at $79,990 but charge for colors, hitch and connectivity Problem solved I guess and it does make sense. Can't lower prices on 2024's and expect to sell the inventory of 2023's. Can only wait and see if she was right. In the meantime I am still waiting on my red poverty ordered on 10/9.

According to an acquaintance working for Tesla..... She said they can legally produce 2023's even into 2024 to cover existing orders. Said Tesla will be actually be raising prices on the 2024 MX to insure they sell the inventory of 2023's. Will still have a base 2024 MX at $79,990 but charge for colors, hitch and connectivity Problem solved I guess and it does make sense. Can't lower prices on 2024's and expect to sell the inventory of 2023's. Can only wait and see if she was right. In the meantime I am still waiting on my red poverty ordered on 10/9.

That's why I placed my order last month. I figured the base model might be safe but they could do anything they wanted to the price of the plaid.

• Helpful
Reactions: tezlaMXUR17&24
best to do it they day they tell you to schedule delivery so you can extend the 2 weeks as long as possible.

Reactions: SOBX MX
I jus
I beg to differ — I have owned and/or driven Mercedes, BMW, Acura, and Jeep SUVs and although I'd agree with you if the Model X was a <2019 model, but the new 2023+ is top notch in ride quality and comfort. It's quiet and smooth (in comfort) and although quite not at the echelon of the most luxurious SUVs, it's definitely in the top 25%.

Ehh, I would say it's in last place of the 'luxury' brands for me, especially when you compare this against luxury brands like MB, Porsche, Audi, BMW, Lexus, Acura, Infiniti and even Genesis. It's quiet, sure (but this is for all EV's). Even my Ford Mach E GT was quiet as well. When turning fully in the Model X, you can feel some weird suspension jerks not present in luxury brands.

In fact, I can't think of any luxury brand that's worse than Tesla in terms of interior quality and build quality. In fact, I can't think of any brand except MAYBE Hyundai in my experience that's worse in build quality with rattles and noises.

Also, pretty much all the luxury brands have 360 cameras while parking. Tesla Model X, Tesla's premium product, does not have it.

Also, I've been in and test drove 2021+ Model X's at the dealership, and have noted lots of interior creaks and squeaks that thankfully, mine doesn't have 'yet.'

Maybe for you guys, the Tesla Model X is worth $80k, but sadly for me, it's nowhere near close and I regret this purchase. I've also noted that Tesla seems to have a 'cult following' and that it can do no wrong, when to me, Tesla has been at best, below average as a car manufacturer and support when things go wrong.

You guys can see the pictures I took of the falling off trim in previous posts, and also of the other issues I had while delivery. I was told by Tesla SC, because they're trying to pump this car out like crazy, that they miss quality checks. That's not something Tesla should do in general, let alone their 'premium' offering.

What frustrates me most about this forum are that people think it's acceptable to experience a drop in quality for an $80k vehicle and that it's fine because Tesla makes up for it for other things, or that I shouldn't have bought a Tesla because I value interior quality. Of course I value interior quality as well as exterior quality. I don't want my trim falling off in the middle of the highway and perhaps causing harm to other vehicles and to have service brush it off as "it's because we're skipping quality checks when we're trying to pump out as many Tesla's as possible." I've never experienced this standard on any other car forum I've been on.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Tiger
This makes a ton of sense

This makes a ton of sense

Tesla will likely drop the price when demand falls and Tesla cannot meet their quarterly numbers. If demand is still high, they will not. Given that there are other competitors coming onto the market, Tesla will either be forced to drop their prices or add new features/new vehicle design as competition heats up.

I'm looking forward to see what the EX90 will offer once released.

And yes, Tesla can still make 2023 models in 2024. When I bought my Mach E GT in March of 2022, it was a 2021 model. I've read in previous posts on here that Tesla already pre-stamped all the frames with 2023 VIN numbers and need to go through those before switching to 2024.

In fact, I can't think of any luxury brand that's worse than Tesla in terms of interior quality and build quality. In fact, I can't think of any brand except MAYBE Hyundai in my experience that's worse in build quality with rattles and noises.

Also, pretty much all the luxury brands have 360 cameras while parking. Tesla Model X, Tesla's premium product, does not have it.

Also, I've been in and test drove 2021+ Model X's at the dealership, and have noted lots of interior creaks and squeaks that thankfully, mine doesn't have 'yet.'

Maybe for you guys, the Tesla Model X is worth $80k, but sadly for me, it's nowhere near close and I regret this purchase. I've also noted that Tesla seems to have a 'cult following' and that it can do no wrong, when to me, Tesla has been at best, below average as a car manufacturer and support when things go wrong.

Why did you buy it then if you have these complaints? These were all known before you even purchased lol.

You conveniently left out the areas where Tesla far surpasses the German cars you mentioned: performance. If you want a car with a great interior, buy one of the ones you mentioned. If you want a cheap car with great performance buy a Tesla. If you want something with both, then be prepared to spend double the money on something else.

Why did you buy it then if you have these complaints? These were all known before you even purchased lol.

You conveniently left out the areas where Tesla far surpasses the German cars you mentioned: performance. If you want a car with a great interior, buy one of the ones you mentioned. If you want a cheap car with great performance buy a Tesla. If you want something with both, then be prepared to spend double the money on something else.
Performance? You mean just going from 0-60 half a second faster than let’s say X5 50e? Performance at the expense of build quality issues is the issue here, not just performance itself like you’re mentioning.

Honestly, most people don’t need something this fast.

I bought the Tesla because I needed something I can take advantage of the tax credit given I wouldn’t be able to use it due to income restrictions next year.

If I wanted performance I could’ve bought the Model Y Performance which is faster. I wanted something more luxurious which is why I got the Model X. I thought paying another $30k would give me that but I was mistaken.

In fact, in the beginning, I was cross shopping for the BMW iX and MB EQS 580 SUV but everyone on this forum were saying Model X is miles ahead and said BMW and MB were way worse. I shouldn’t have believed them. I could’ve leased the vehicles at 30% less than I’m paying now with the Tesla.

I might end up trading this car in within the next 2-3 years when there are more options for EVs.

Last edited:
Performance? You mean just going from 0-60 one second faster than let’s say X5 50e? Performance at the expense of build quality issues is the issue here, not just performance itself like you’re mentioning.

I bought the Tesla because I needed something I can take advantage of the tax credit given I wouldn’t be able to use it due to income restrictions next year.

If I wanted performance I could’ve bought the Model Y Performance which is faster. I wanted something more luxurious which is why I got the Model X. I thought paying another $30k would give me that but I was mistaken.

In fact, in the beginning, I was cross shopping for the BMW iX and MB EQS 580 SUV but everyone on this forum were saying Model X is miles ahead and said BMW and MB were way worse. I shouldn’t have believed them. I could’ve leased the vehicles at 30% less than I’m paying now with the Tesla.

I might end up trading this car in within the next 2-3 years when there are more options for EVs.
Did you test drive all these cars before making the decision to purchase? $80K+ is quite a bit of money. Yes reviews are good to get a general idea but final call would be based on each individual's preferences I would say. I test drove around 8 cars and there were positives and negatives in all, but it was helpful for me in making the call of which one to buy based on what works better for me.

Did you test drive all these cars before making the decision to purchase? $80K+ is quite a bit of money. Yes reviews are good to get a general idea but final call would be based on each individual's preferences I would say. I test drove around 8 cars and there were positives and negatives in all, but it was helpful for me in making the call of which one to buy based on what works better for me.

Unfortunately no, I did not test drive all those vehicles. The only vehicle I test drove was the Tesla Model X. Most of the luxury EV vehicles out there are kind of rare, so difficult to just go to a dealership to test drive.

Also another complaint, the Model X has TERRIBLE auto wipers. I always have to constantly adjust them which is annoying.

I did see the BMW iX in person and sat in one, and boy, it was definitely luxurious. The rear seats were one of the most comfortable I've ever sat in.

I forgot to mention, my Acura MDX had thigh extenders, but I'm surprised that the Model X does not have that. I would think all vehicles around $80k range would have something like that.

Tesla Model X does have better software and somewhat better tech. I'm only saying somewhat because while it does have some features other cars do not, it also lacks a lot of features other car manufacturers do have.

Tesla Model X Disadvantage compared to competition
1. Digital rearview mirror- This is available in the Lexus, Toyota, Jeep Vehicles
2. Front bumper cameras- Available in almost all luxury brands
3. Side mirror cameras (to help line your wheels up to the edge)- Available in almost all luxury brands.
4. LED ambient lighting strips- Available in almost all luxury brands
5. Poor Build Quality/Squeaks/Creaks (a big issue): Tesla will call most of these within spec at the service center.
6. Rear Tire Premature wear- Pretty well documented, be prepared to spend at least $300 a tire replacing these once every year or two or buy aftermarket suspension parts to fix.
7. Car height clearance height lower than most of the other SUVs under default suspension height (set to low and cannot be adjusted while on highway)
8. Insurance Cost: My other luxury brands have SIGNIFICANTLY lower insurance cost than the Model X (like half of Model X premium.) Gas savings pretty much are negated from this, which Tesla conveniently leaves out on their website when calculating savings.
9. Unreliable Key Connection: Sometimes my phone nor key fob will not work with the Tesla Model X. I will have to pull out my phone and physically go into the Tesla app to unlock the car. The only truly reliable key is using the keycard.

Tesla Model X Advantage compared to competition
1. Charging Stations? I'm only saying this but most other manufacturers are adopting NACS, so this point is negligible in the future.
2. Performance. Sure, it goes 0-60 faster than most other vehicles, but unless you're tracking the car, this is useless too, especially in more crowded areas where there's a lot of traffic and congestion. Useless for everyday driving.
3. Has Entertainment/Theater mode where you can play videos/movies on the big screen. BMW is starting to have this. Also can play Steam games. Only useful while sitting in the parked car for a long time ie, charging at a charging station
4. Sentry Mode/recording mode- Other vehicles do not have this. This is very useful depending if you're in a door ding prone/car theft area.
5. FWD- Can be an annoyance since it takes some time for the door to open/close, especially when you're dropping passengers off. Also prone to failures. USS sometimes do not work and the door does hit things.
6. FSD- Still not very confident in this. I have had this turn in the wrong direction of traffic before. Would not trust it. Ford BlueCruise and GM's SuperCruise are already similar. Basic autopilot is on par with other manufacturer's LKAS, Radar Cruise Control, etc.
7. Changing your horn/Fart Mode/Tesla Light Show/Santa Mode/Quirks: I find these kind of cool in the beginning, but ends up being silly and really never used.
8. Automatic Door Closing- This is a neat feature which should be adopted in other vehicles, however, sometimes I feel like I have to fight the doors to close them, or they open when I don't need them to open.
9. Bigger Windshield?- I've had issues with the bigger windshield and sun would come from the top and blind my eyes, however, can buy a sunshade for this.

Last edited:
Performance? You mean just going from 0-60 half a second faster than let’s say X5 50e? Performance at the expense of build quality issues is the issue here, not just performance itself like you’re mentioning.
When you’re in the three second range, half a second to 60 is a huge difference. The XLR has nearly 200hp on the x50e, and will absolutely accelerate much harder all the way to top speed. You’d need to get into an X5M to have similar performance and would probably still fall short at the top end for a lot more money.

Now whether or not that’s worth it is another matter. I never felt a crazy fast SUV had much point, which is why I went with an S instead of an X. But everyone has different priorities. Seems like you bought the wrong car for yours.

When you’re in the three second range, half a second to 60 is a huge difference. The XLR has nearly 200hp on the x50e, and will absolutely accelerate much harder all the way to top speed. You’d need to get into an X5M to have similar performance and would probably still fall short at the top end for a lot more money.

Now whether or not that’s worth it is another matter. I never felt a crazy fast SUV had much point, which is why I went with an S instead of an X. But everyone has different priorities. Seems like you bought the wrong car for yours.
Please take this off topic argument to a different forum.

I just don't understand why you bought the car if the advantages it has are things you don't care about. I used to care more about fit and finish but decided that getting a 2.6s 0-60 6 seater, with over 1000hp, outweighs the better fit and finish that some of the competitors have. I don't care if some of the panel gaps are off by a few mm. I'm not buying this car thinking it's some sort of collector's car. I'm buying it because it's damn fun to drive and I can still pack my family into it. Your priorities are different and that's fine.

You are right. Maybe read some reviews before you purchase any cars.. you also have plenty of time before delivery to do so. All these could have been avoided.
You keep saying BMW iX is much more luxurious in your point of view.. and even your Acura is better in so many ways. I understand everyone has different priorities when it comes to picking cars, it's meaningless to argue under the forum about which is better.

Last edited:
You are right. But maybe read some reviews or even do a test drive before you purchase a car.. and all these would have been avoided.

Yeah, I guess I was convinced by people in this forum about how great of a build quality the Model X was, when it clearly was not. Lesson learned.

It's not like I really regret buying the Model X. It's more like I wished I could've checked out other cars before buying the Model X and perhaps I would've gone a different direction. Either way, I have to car shop again end of 2024 because one of my leases is expiring. I'll definitely do more research this time for sure.

I just don't understand why you bought the car if the advantages it has are things you don't care about. I used to care more about fit and finish but decided that getting a 2.6s 0-60 6 seater, with over 1000hp, outweighs the better fit and finish that some of the competitors have. I don't care if some of the panel gaps are off by a few mm. I'm not buying this car thinking it's some sort of collector's car. I'm buying it because it's damn fun to drive and I can still pack my family into it. Your priorities are different and that's fine.

I already told you my reasoning for buying this car. There are not many vehicles I can get before the end of the year that can qualify for the full tax credit. I wanted to take advantage of getting the $7500 back.

I'm just offering my perspective on the Model X, to let others aware and to not be in the same shoes as mine.

Last edited: