Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They won’t, but there’s no clarity on tax credit eligibility based on order agreement vs time of delivery official msrp (not the discount you end up paying) so people who look forward to that tax credit are understandably anxious. The tax software is not the ultimate authority.

It’s based off of MSRP at time of delivery. For 2023 it is different, but the new 2024 models, I suspect only the stealth gray would be eligible for tax credit.
It will be interesting how they handle this. I ordered a "tax edition" in December, in Ultra Red. EDD is Feb-Mar and I've already elected the POS tax rebate. If they wind up jacking the MSRP on standing orders, I predict they'll lose a lot of sales.

Reactions: Masakakyo
I just stopped by Tesla delivery center in Lynnwood, WA to check in with the SA. There was one 2024 model X tax edition just came in being prepped for delivery. I asked about the color options and he said as long as I ordered before they started charging for color, I'm safe. He reminded me not to make any changes on my order, such as color.

Last edited:
They won’t, but there’s no clarity on tax credit eligibility based on order agreement vs time of delivery official msrp (not the discount you end up paying) so people who look forward to that tax credit are understandably anxious. The tax software is not the ultimate authority.

Not sure if this will help, but it's probably the way you will receive your stuff related to the price. Mine was an MXP ordered at $90k before Tesla raised the price to $95k.

See the attached Monroney shows the full $95k price. The Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement shows the lower $90k number. For those that have a tax edition with a non-grey color, your MVPA will show $80k and monroney will show the higher number with the extra fee for the color.

Attachments

• 20240118_204254.jpg
    20240118_204254.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2024-01-18 at 11.16.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-18 at 11.16.52 AM.png
    547 KB · Views: 16
  • Screen Shot 2024-01-18 at 11.20.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-18 at 11.20.54 AM.png
    966.6 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: savany71
TD Auto Finance seems like they really want to advertise their rates. Do you want to share what the rates were when you were shopping?
TD gave me 6.59%, chase for similar setup was offering 6.79%, boa was 6.49%. Chose TD because my last finance with them was hassle free. will refi later if needed. Its funny tesla offered me chase after the design update and it was 6.69% but same day I queried chase from my personal acc they offered 6.79%. I told them you just offered lower rate from another origin and they said they would match it 🤦‍♂️

I just picked up my Model X tax edition on Wednesday and I can confirm that the $7500 was deducted at time of purchase after confirming selection within the app in the pre-delivery options. The final paperwork shows the MSRP at time of order I am told and this is what would be presented if you were ever to be audited. Also, unlike my 2020 MY, no rattles, paint goofs, or misaligned panels.....should I go buy a lotto ticket? lol

I just picked up my Model X tax edition on Wednesday and I can confirm that the $7500 was deducted at time of purchase after confirming selection within the app in the pre-delivery options. The final paperwork shows the MSRP at time of order I am told and this is what would be presented if you were ever to be audited. Also, unlike my 2020 MY, no rattles, paint goofs, or misaligned panels.....should I go buy a lotto ticket? lol
Congrats!! 2024?

Congrats on the new ride! Did it have the new steering wheel with the camera button?

Can you confirm that the horn is the only change?