Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Depends on where you live.

80kWh at a Tesla SC near me will cost you $30.

$30 x 52 = $1,560.

$1,560 x 6 = $9,360.

Personally, I can easily utilize much, much more than that amount in free charging just from shuttling the kids to school 5x/week and activities 7x/week.
I live in Irivne CA. Aka the city of Tesla. I have many stations around me, within 5-15mins. I didn’t pay attention with the price. I have been getting it for free the pass 6 years lol

Delivery went smooth, no glitches. Car was prepped and we didn't find any issues. POS tax rebate taken off purchase price. FUSC account transferred and verified on new car software screen before leaving delivery site. Charged later that day at Supercharger for free. 2024 VIN has traditional horn in center of steering wheel and horn button has been replaced by a quick rear camera button, which is awesome and I have used already. Set up Wifi and Homelink yesterday no problem. Premium connectivity was pre-installed. Tow hitch comes with the car but is hidden. No Nema adapters come with car. Have to buy them separately on Tesla website. Installed Novsight mats when I got home which fit well and look great and very thick ,$100, great deal. Love the car . So many improvements over 2016 X

ODD: 11/27/2023
MXLR, UR/White/Yoke/20"
EDD 1: 12/9-12/31 (right after order)
EDD 2: 12/20-12/32 (updated 12/15)
EDD 3: 1/9 - 3/9 (updated 12/26)
EDD 4: 1/12 - 2/4 (After Design update on 1/11)
EDD 4 onwards: its been moving everyday by 1 day but right side now is stuck at 2/4
7SAXCBE55RFxxxx VIN assigned today morning.

Reactions: lonnielevi
Delivery went smooth, no glitches. Car was prepped and we didn't find any issues. POS tax rebate taken off purchase price. FUSC account transferred and verified on new car software screen before leaving delivery site. Charged later that day at Supercharger for free. 2024 VIN has traditional horn in center of steering wheel and horn button has been replaced by a quick rear camera button, which is awesome and I have used already. Set up Wifi and Homelink yesterday no problem. Premium connectivity was pre-installed. Tow hitch comes with the car but is hidden. No Nema adapters come with car. Have to buy them separately on Tesla website. Installed Novsight mats when I got home which fit well and look great and very thick ,$100, great deal. Love the car . So many improvements over 2016 X
does the FUSC got transferred right away after you accept the delivery?

$19x52x6 = $5928 That’s without any rode trip. I guess I’ll go with FUSC.
You have to compare the cost to charging at home not at supercharger. Also factor in the time you spend at the Supercharger each time charging when you can be doing other things if charged at home overnight. For example, charging at home where I am costs about 18 cents/Kwh as opposed to supercharger which is more than double.

also factor in the resell value of your old car that currently has FUSC when you remove it. There may be a 1-2K hit if you are trying to sell it.

You have to compare the cost to charging at home not at supercharger. Also factor in the time you spend at the Supercharger each time charging when you can be doing other things if charged at home overnight. For example, charging at home where I am costs about 18 cents/Kwh as opposed to supercharger which is more than double.

also factor in the resell value of your old car that currently has FUSC when you remove it. There may be a 1-2K hit if you are trying to sell it.
If you live in CA, you likely have a charging station within 5 minutes from where you live, and it's located in a shopping center. I have about 2 dozen Tesla stations within a 15 to 20 minute radius, and every single one is in a shopping center or mall. In the parking lots of Trader Joes, Safeway, Whole Foods, Target, CVS, endless retail shops, malls, Ranch 99, banks, etc. Literally every store and restaurant cuisine you can think of, there is a supercharger in the parking lot attached. No need to ever charge at home with FUSC. Saves me at least a few thousand dollars a year, even when comparing to the $0.26/kWh cost of charging at home.
And, my degradation according to Recurrent, and compared to my friends' Model Xs, is exactly like the rest of Tesla owners who rarely ever supercharge.

An inventory MX identical to my order just showed up at the same SC. Strangely, it didn’t get matched to my order. SA said I had the pay for black paint (free on my order) if I wanted the inventory MX, and price adjustment wasn’t possible.

Q1: I thought Tesla did price adjustments on inventory if order had lower price (paint, Plaid, etc). How did folks request adjustment?

Q2: My order was on hold when Tesla asked 2023 orders to accept EPA changes. I removed the hold this week but never got the EPA prompt. Could my order be in a “bad state” that resulted in the inventory not matching to my order in the first place?

Q1: I thought Tesla did price adjustments on inventory if order had lower price (paint, Plaid, etc). How did folks request adjustment?
I don't think so. I think anytime you pick a different VIN you pay the price that that VIN is currently offered at.

Q2: My order was on hold when Tesla asked 2023 orders to accept EPA changes. I removed the hold this week but never got the EPA prompt. Could my order be in a “bad state” that resulted in the inventory not matching to my order in the first place?
That is certainly possible.

Please let us know what changes are on your vehicle. Do you have the front camera? Does the driver door self open? Matrix headlights? Great to hear about the traditional horn!

Please let us know what changes are on your vehicle. Do you have the front camera? Does the driver door self open? Matrix headlights? Great to hear about the traditional horn!
I have a 2023 but from what I am aware of, the currently released 2024 only changes to the horn in the center of the steering wheel and the camera button in the horn's old spot on the steering wheel.
Matrix headlights have been on the X for some time now. My 2023 X has matrix headlights but is not active since the DOT has not approved it to be active (yet).

No front bumper camera, no RGB ambient lighting, no driver door self 'fully' open (it does open but not fully).

My 2023 X has matrix headlights but is not active since the DOT has not approved it to be active (yet).
No, NHTSA has released the rules for active headlights in the US, and it was different than everyone expected. Most active headlights are built to the SAE standards used in the rest of the world, but NHTSA decided that wasn't good enough and made the requirements more stringent, such that it is possible that no existing headlights can meet the standards to be activated in the US. (A number of OEMs are pushing back, because they don't want to design new, more costly, headlights when they think what that have, and are using in the rest of the world are fine.)

tl;dr: Don't expect the current Tesla matrix lights to ever get active features enabled in the US.

• Informative
Reactions: towndrunk
Congrats and Share a pic

No, NHTSA has released the rules for active headlights in the US, and it was different than everyone expected. Most active headlights are built to the SAE standards used in the rest of the world, but NHTSA decided that wasn't good enough and made the requirements more stringent, such that it is possible that no existing headlights can meet the standards to be activated in the US. (A number of OEMs are pushing back, because they don't want to design new, more costly, headlights when they think what that have, and are using in the rest of the world are fine.)

tl;dr: Don't expect the current Tesla matrix lights to ever get active features enabled in the US.
UGH! Looks like the auto industry did not grease the right lobbyist to massage the rule through.....

Reactions: towndrunk