Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all the 2024 MX owners in this thread, has anyone had any vibration issues as mentioned in this thread?
I am sure 2024 has the problem still since it is a design issue unless they engineered a better half shaft to deal with the suspension angles better. My end of 2023 X only has the issue if I 'get on it' at low speed and only feel it between 25-45MPH. It is a bit annoying but not like I hit the accelerator hard very often and it does not affect the traction or steering at all so it does not feel dangerous.

People have also complained about excessive camber in the rear wheels causing premature inner tire wear. I have 9K miles on mine already and see no extra tire wear on the inside tread so I don't seem to have it (or not nearly as bad) as some people have experienced stating at 15K miles their inner tire tread in the rear is bald.

There are solutions out there to permanently solve the tire wear issue with aftermarket parts but the front half shafts are a geometry issue that needs a redesign of the motor/transfer case position or some type of fix to the half shaft geometry.

That stability issue has been reported to be solvable using a sway bar. Have you considered that? Though sway bars have their disclaimers. Read also swaybar description on mountainpass page.

I felt the same on my wife's MXP, the feeling that the rear was loose at speed (I guess "the rear end dancing around on the road" is probably a good description). I eventually installed the UP MX adjustable rear sway bar to give it a try and that issue has completely gone away.

Part of me wonder if it's related to addressing the camber issue. Unfortunately I didn't drive it much before the adjustable camber install as I did that almost immediately after taking delivery. My rear camber alignment is now adjusted to -0.7 degrees to improve tire wear as recommended by N2itive, and within Tesla alignment spec. I wonder if it having much more negative camber before, the issue was much less noticeable 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I felt the same on my wife's MXP, the feeling that the rear was loose at speed (I guess "the rear end dancing around on the road" is probably a good description). I eventually installed the UP MX adjustable rear sway bar to give it a try and that issue has completely gone away.

Good to hear. If you used an adjustable sway bar, which stiffness did you set (3 options?)?

Have you asked when Tesla is bringing the promised Track mode into Model X?

I've not seen this appear in any ADAS cutting-edge builds, nor Wave1 (Early Access Program for employees), so nothing concrete yet. As always, anything Elon says will likely come to fruition (eventually) but will not necessarily be worked on as we speak.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tiger
I've not seen this appear in any ADAS cutting-edge builds, nor Wave1 (Early Access Program for employees), so nothing concrete yet. As always, anything Elon says will likely come to fruition (eventually) but will not necessarily be worked on as we speak.

I'm curious why can't they simply put in the same as they have in the Model S? At least that would be better than nothing? It's not for street use anyways.

So did they let you test drive before you accepted? How did u know that there was a noice from interior panel?
No test drive. I was sitting in the back seat lightly pressing against the headliner near the rear trunk door and it was noticeable. The awful roads in Northern California will only amplify it.

Wasn't willing to risk it. For me it wasn't to sole reason to reject, but the items were stacking up and didn't feel right to accept it.

Reactions: acpd