Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dipped my car: Autoflex Matte + ZTA Hypershift + Blueberry Juice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For Autoflex it's supposed to last at least 5 years -- they say 6 to 8. Plastidip is shorter-- maybe 2 years.

It's very easy to remove, I could do it myself in 30 minutes if I wanted to. Darren can comment on this because he's done it a few times.
So does the Autoflex protect against rock chips at all? Is it a substitute for a wrap like Xpel ultimate? Or is it easily torn?

It's not as thick as a vinyl wrap, but it does offer protection against small chips, sure. It's not easily torn at all, it's very durable. You can get a feel for the material in videos like this:

It's also very easy to remove when you want to remove it or change the color. Vinyl is very hard/labor intensive to remove.

Can you apply Autoflex over a wrap like Xpel?
And the wrap wouldn't peel off with the Autoflex?

Yes, I asked and you can Autoflex over Xpel, but also talk to your wrap and dip people also.

upload_2016-8-20_9-38-39.png

upload_2016-8-20_9-38-44.png

Yes... questions abound. Plastidip, Proline, or Autoflex? How long did it take?

Yes, I have the same questions, plus one: Or wrap?

I'm not as out-there on color as most of you guys, but I am considering wrapping (now also dipping) my upcoming model 3 (likely blue). I want it to look like a British Racing Green stock paint job, nothing fancy - though might also consider painting the aero covers to match. I figure there are going to be a lot of M3s on the road, I'd like to stand out a bit.

Which would be best value for money?