Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$42,970 mt kisco new model y this morning. $1k off since end of last week.

NY state credit is still only $500 and won't be $2k unless MSRP itself dips under $42k which I don't imagine would happen. Nonetheless this is about $5k cheaper than the same car was 8 weeks ago.
That might be a new low report. Not happening here in Raleigh... yet. I ordered the LR-MSM at $45440, but still checking....

There were a couple MYLR's that popped up in inventory in Colorado for around $46k. That's $33k after $13k off (7.5k fed, 5k state, 500 referral). Insane deal! I still went with a MYP (and no regrets) but $33k is around the price of a Camry XLE. I wouldn't be surprised if we see another 1-3k off as we get closer to the end of Q3 and they need to bump up numbers.

Reactions: boulder.dude
That might be a new low report. Not happening here in Raleigh... yet. I ordered the LR-MSM at $45440, but still checking....
I've not seen the LR Y that low yet ($45,440). That's a very nice price.

Wow $42,970??? Is that standard range AWD? $45k is lowest I've seen for YLR.
It was the standard range, cheapest Y. Today the cheapest is $44,400.

Pulled the trigger on 23 MYLR for $44,400. There are several MY Standard Range for $43,800 but they are 200 miles away and did not want to travel. Maybe the best part is Carvana is paying me $40,300 for 2021 MYLR. Over $5000 more than CarMax. That sealed the deal for me.
yeah dude where are you, that's insane. $44,400 is a standard range Y here. LR is still $47-something for me in NY state.

Took delivery of a MYLR today. Ordered from inventory Monday for 45,450. Was a tight deadline to finalize loan, trade in, insurance, FSD transfer, temp permits, but it's now here in the garage.

Initially I ordered an X a week ago when they did big price cut, but I don't really need that big of a second car when I already have a bigger expensive Rivian R1S being delivered in a few weeks.

Super sweat deal on the Y though, 5050 price cut discount and 500 cut for referral. Can't believe these were going for 70k+ a year ago. Now it's 38k brand new after tax credit.

Supply and demand. There's no law that says they have to sell for the same price everywhere.
I understand that, but I thought Tesla did all their prices the same no matter what showroom you bought new on hand inventory from. It's not like their showrooms make that much extra money because when you go there to buy a car they usually just walk you through the online ordering process, as they don't usually have cars on hand to sell unless the party ordering a car backed out of it.

Tesla is making more cars than they have orders for now, so they definitely have inventory. If not on the actual lot, in a nearby holding lot for the region.

Some areas have more inventory than others, hence more discounts. One car could have been sitting longer than another identical inventory car, hence more discounts.

Reactions: MacO512
Just got home with new LR-Y. Fabulous. Much more solid , composed, and quiet than our model 3. Eight days from inventory order to pick up. Dropped off our other Model 3 at Carvana and Uber over to Tesla. We now have one of each. This was the $45440 inventory model. Perfect shape not one bad panel gap and only 5 miles on the odometer.

Good luck everyone. Thank Joe for the tax credit.

IMG_8218.jpeg