Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still waiting for the apologies from all of the people that were proven completely wrong by Ford's move. A car is a commodity. A mass produced, identical item. It is NOT like real estate, and is much more like a TV at Best Buy than they would have admitted before.

I guess when their argument (a car maker could/would/should never offer anything to very recent buyers after a price drop) was proven wrong, they can't handle it so they make wild claims about Tesla going bankrupt if they did it and then make inane arguments about how because they are personally unsure of what the cut off date should be then there should be no cut off date.

The internet is a wild place, but at least it's entertaining to see.
Or proven right by Fords move. Tons of people on Ford forum are complaining about the cuts they made. Which is an argument lots here are making.

• Funny
Reactions: woolymammoth17
Like the tile says...

I ordered a MY LR on the 13th of January, right after the price cut, but i'm now leaning to don't move forward and accept delivery.
My main reason is that i actually don't need the car (have a Raven X that i love and will, or would, keep even if i get the Y), but to add to that is, of course, the stupid elimination of USS (the parking sensors - and nothing to replace them...) and the upcoming HW4 and probably HD radar in the near-mid future.

I still have not made my final decision, but as time passes i'm more and more leaning to not accept delivery and to just lose 250 euro instead of a bunch of money .

Who in here is, more or less, in the same situation and what are your motives?

Right. Because they are risking bankruptcy by doing something fair for very recent customers when they have the highest margins in the auto industry by 3-5x. Good try, though.
Excellent try in fact, it refutes the entire ignorant thinking of the Fair Police.
There is no limit to what people think is fair and many people don’t look at the whole picture. Ford does tons of stuff that isn’t “fair”, are you doing anything about that?

Last edited:
Like the tile says...

I ordered a MY LR on the 13th of January, right after the price cut, but i'm now leaning to don't move forward and accept delivery.
My main reason is that i actually don't need the car (have a Raven X that i love and will, or would, keep even if i get the Y), but to add to that is, of course, the stupid elimination of USS (the parking sensors - and nothing to replace them...) and the upcoming HW4 and probably HD radar in the near-mid future.

I still have not made my final decision, but as time passes i'm more and more leaning to not accept delivery and to just lose 250 euro instead of a bunch of money .

We ordered after the price drop but then found a used one and already took delivery. Honestly for us the up in the air status of tax credit and finding a 2022 with a few thousand miles, extra year of warranty, Enhanced auto pilot and induction wheels for $4,000 less. It just made sense for us and we are super happy. Yes my parking sensors dont work but things like that will get sorted in the future. Living in the always waiting for something new keeps you from never really doing anything.

Especially with Tesla once you take delivery you will feel like you already have a an old version but it will never be Toyota old version. My 2021 toyota tacoma still has rear drum brakes, low horse power and horrible MPG, but people keep buying them

This feels relevant to post again:

Now we can add:

Them: Look! Ford is doing a refund! They are soooo fair. I mean, I still probably won’t buy one and the amount of people who will get this probably equals 2 days worth of Tesla deliveries but what an example of selflessly doing the right thing and only thinking of their customers. I stand with Ford. I probably won’t buy one but on this one very specific thing, I think they are an example of everything right in the world.

Us: Yeah, that is cool. Good for them. Except what about the people who paid after they raised prices and what about all those dealer markups? That doesn’t seem very fair. And looks like their owners are still complaining, I guess you can’t make everyone happy sadly.

Them: That’s totally different, let’s just focus on the one thing that supports my point of view here. Stop being so unfair, geez.

Anyway! Time to get back to reality. Will be interesting to see if they move the car up another $500 because they won't lose much, and even more interesting to see what happens when the $3,750 potentially goes away in March.

It certainly was funny to see people flailing even more to change their entire argument from "no car maker would ever offer anything for a recent price cut, you're insane"; to now saying "now that Ford has done it I change my entire argument and act like I didn't say what I said and see this is why you shouldn't offer anything because I read a forum!"

Last edited:
Like the tile says...

I think you're very smart to wait. If I could do it over I would absolutely wait for HW4 which will be a big change, and wait for parking situation to be sorted. Likely further price cuts as well.

Anyway! Time to get back to reality. Will be interesting to see if they move the car up another $500 because they won't lose much, and even more interesting to see what happens when the $3,750 potentially goes away in March.

It certainly was funny to see people flailing even more to change their entire argument from "no car maker would ever offer anything for a recent price cut, you're insane"; to now saying "now that Ford has done it I change my entire argument and act like I didn't say what I said and see this is why you shouldn't offer anything because I read a forum!"
Can one really purchase a Mach-E at MSRP? Or are dealers marking them up due to the EV's lack of availability. If that's the case, it seems that Ford is willing to sell a low production unit at cost or below in order to gain good will points. Good PR move on their part.

Reactions: WyoDude
Like the tile says...

Similar situation. Ordered right after price drop. Than realized can't sell my current car, need it for young driver to continue to practice before going off to college.

Don't feel like paying insurance for extra car that will just sit on the driveway!

Reactions: PewPew
Can one really purchase a Mach-E at MSRP? Or are dealers marking them up due to the EV's lack of availability. If that's the case, it seems that Ford is willing to sell a low production unit at cost or below in order to gain good will points. Good PR move on their part.
Not sure. I guess I don't personally know anyone who wants a Mach E, and at the local dealership they are using them for loaner cars.

I initially ordered a MYLR in February of 2022, which at the time was supposed to be done in a few months. By November, the MY was still not ready, and the used car market had crashed, causing my trade-in to lose like $15K in value. I ended up canceling my order then because the order no longer made financial sense.

Fast forward to the January price cuts, things worked out better financially due to the lower prices, and I was able to order again!

My first delivery day was last week and I ended up rejecting the car because the overall condition was just awful. I am currently awaiting my second (and last chance) VIN and will hopefully get a better build at some point.

I am totally up for buying used still, but in my area finding a quality and clean used Tesla is hard enough, let alone from a dealer that has lowered their prices to match the current new pricing levels. So far, no luck there either.

I am just tired of waiting!