Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ghost-rider-negative-ghost-rider.gif

Nope. Just be glad you didn't buy and take delivery in January right before the $13k price reduction. This round of price cuts, while significant, is much less than the one they did in January.

This has been how Tesla pricing worked for years. You need to decide if you're comfortable jumping in at a certain time frame and not bothered by price changes afterwards.

I suspect The current Model 3/Y will keep dropping until it becomes the $25,000 car Elon promised many years ago. :rolleyes:

Elon has so many mega factories and another big one coming in Mexico that can pump out die cast cars like nobody else can at such a low cost. The others are already struggling to keep up will see some pretty tough times ahead for sure.

I suspect The current Model 3/Y will keep dropping until it becomes the $25,000 car Elon promised many years ago. :rolleyes:

Elon has so many mega factories and another big one coming in Mexico that can pump out die cast cars like nobody else can at such a low cost. The others are already struggling to keep up will see some pretty tough times ahead for sure.

He had promised and delivered on my 35K M 3 SR which was in the high $20s after tax credits.

I doubt that sticker price Y will get there though. It's in the high 30s now after credits but low 30s with state incentives for some

This reminds me a lot of the .com days. Make it up thru volume :)

I've always heard the Model 3 is the new Corolla. Maybe now the new Prius.

The car is an account, an investment. You put money into it and expect some rate of return, in this case negative. You want to maximize your return (minimize your loss) just like you want to maximize your return on a postive investment. Any time you spend money it's an investment, Anything can be bought and sold.
Well, it’s a luxury brand. At good price point. Many sell overpriced ones with silly names. Names like triptronic or AMG, so on are luxury fluff names but worthless. Tesla made materials and others are not cheap but can be minimalistic. Good product name.

Reactions: vickh
Will they automatically adjust an order that has been placed already?
Yes
My "new" order agreement that I received today also was not different. However, when I went to the app my financing terms had changed to reflect the lower price and I had to confirm the changes. Same for the website - the order agreement has the old price but financing details shows the new price. I'm feeling optimistic, but I'm curious to see what others find out.
Same. Now I can't say no to PPF.

Well, it’s a luxury brand. At good price point. Many sell overpriced ones with silly names. Names like triptronic or AMG, so on are luxury fluff names but worthless. Tesla made materials and others are not cheap but can be minimalistic. Good product name.
totally agree. good relative value. I do a lot of comparison shopping, its in my blood. I don't think anything else comes close. And even thought it is supposed to depreciate, I still treat it as part of the portfolio.